1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 10:50
    "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." (Exodus 21:5-6)

if its okay for god then its okay for me! now wheres my aul? is anybody going to tell god that views like this are not cool these days.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:00
    "Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

is he telling me to kill my children? or is he telling me to kill somebody else's kids.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9, New American Bible)

is he telling me to kill my children? or is he telling me to kill somebody else's kids.
    are you a Babylonian? do you understand the context? could it be that its a
    metaphorical use of the term children? have you thought about anything you post or
    are you content simply to post irrelevancies? Is this really the best you can do? sooo
    many questions, sooo few answers.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:051 edit

This will summon up cherry picking.

edit: ah yes, I see it has already.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:06
    "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." (Exodus 21:5-6)

if its okay for god then its ok ...[text shortened]... now wheres my aul? is anybody going to tell god that views like this are not cool these days.
    umm the Mosaic law and its ordinances was done away with at least for Christians
    around 2000 years ago, the relevancy of your post is now not quite apparent, unless of
    course you are Jewish or living 2000 years ago.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    metaphorical use of the term children? have you thought about anything you post or
    are you content simply to post irrelevancies? Is this really the best you can do? sooo
    ive looked at a few christian websites and it seems god is referring to the children of babylon because he is angry at their parents for the destruction of jerusalem. but im willing to accept that the sites i looked at are wrong. do you think its a metaphor?

what about the slavery? whats that a metaphor for?

is this the best i can do? your bible condones slavery and and im not trying hard enough.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:201 edit
    umm the Mosaic law and its ordinances was done away with at least for Christians
    around 2000 years ago, the relevancy of your post is now not quite apparent, unless of
    course you are Jewish or living 2000 years ago.
    why was it done away with? can you "do away" with the word of god?

apparently jesus said on the subject - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Matthew 5:17)
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:23
    ive looked at a few christian websites and it seems god is referring to the children of babylon because he is angry at their parents for the destruction of jerusalem. but im willing to accept that the sites i looked at are wrong. do you think its a metaphor?

what about the slavery? whats that a metaphor for?

is this the best i can do? your bible condones slavery and and im not trying hard enough.
    yes i think the children of Babylon is a metaphor, but then again i am willing to look at the whole context, no
    i dont think that slavery is a metaphor, but so what? i am no longer under the Mosaic law, its ordinances
    passed away two thousand years ago, your point is therefore meaningless to any Christian, perhaps you
    should have thought of this, you might have done better.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:24
    why was it done away with? can you "do away" with the word of god?
    because it as replaced a by a new covenant or agreement, no one is doing away with
    the word of God, do you understand the term, covenant?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:35
    yes i think the children of Babylon is a metaphor, but then again i am willing to look at the whole context, no
    i dont think that slavery is a metaphor, but so what? i am no longer under the Mosaic law, its ordinances
    passed away two thousand years ago, your point is therefore meaningless to any Christian, perhaps you
    should have thought of this, you might have done better.
    "There are Christian teachers of repute who consider the Mosaic law to be the present-day rule of life for the Christian.1 A view not infrequently found among earnest, orthodox believers is that although we are not saved by the law, once we have been justified by faith, then the Mosaic law becomes our rule of life. Those holding such a view generally make a sharp division of the Mosaic law into two parts, which they distinguish as the moral and the ceremonial. The ceremonial portion they consider as having found its fulfillment in Christ at His first advent, and thus as having now passed away. But the moral portion of the Mosaic law, say they, is still in force as the believer’s rule of life. The treatment given to Christian ethics by some highly respected authors is indeed but little more than an exposition of the Decalogue." J. Hampton Keathley, III. www.bible.org

it would seem NOT ALL christians share your opinion. come on robbie you really need to do better.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:37

if its okay for god then its ok ...[text shortened]... now wheres my aul? is anybody going to tell god that views like this are not cool these days.
    Troll slave loving his bondage and pretending to be looking for something better:

if god came knocking on my door, what could he offer me? whats the benefits of being a christian? maybe im not looking hard enough but if i started believing and going to church and stuff i cant see how it would be good for me or anybody else, thus in my opinion making god pointless and irrelevant.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:40
    "There are Christian teachers of repute who consider the Mosaic law to be the present-day rule of life for the Christian.1 A view not infrequently found among earnest, orthodox believers is that although we are not saved by the law, once we have been justified by faith, then the Mosaic law becomes our rule of life. Those holding such a view generally ma ...[text shortened]... ould seem NOT ALL christians share your opinion. come on robbie you really need to do better.
    the clearly they have never read this,

(Hebrews 8:13) . . .In his saying “a new [covenant]” he has made the former one
    obsolete. Now that which is made obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away.

or this,

(Colossians 2:13-14) . . .He kindly forgave us all our trespasses  and blotted out the
    handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in
    opposition to us; and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.

nor likely understood them.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:43
    because it as replaced a by a new covenant or agreement, no one is doing away with
    the word of God, do you understand the term, covenant?
    whats stopping them having another covenant and changing the current biblical laws?

whats with the patronising tone robbie? seems unbecoming of a christian.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:45
    i thought the bible has no metaphors. as in there was no metaphor for a flood, but an actuall flood happened?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:46
    whats stopping them having another covenant and changing the current biblical laws?

whats with the patronising tone robbie? seems unbecoming of a christian.
    the Bible is complete, it was not a patronising tone, it was a genuine question, but
    emotions are fairly difficult to convey through text so much misunderstanding occurs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree