1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 May '20 20:341 edit
    @fmf said
    What do you think of the way in which sonship used the issue of gang rape in India in order to retaliate against someone posting some material critical of his religious group?
    I thought sonship could have picked a better battle. As stated initially.

@fmf said
    And then what do you think of the way in which sonship said nothing about gang rape in India himself and, instead, just disappeared from the thread?
    I don't know. Hopefully he is ok.

@fmf said
    Do you think, on this thread, sonship has [1] effectively championed the cause of women victims of specific violent crimes in India and [2] pushed back against criticism of his religious group in a principled way?
    [1] No, but it seems the primary objective was to elicit a response.
    [2] A common way of attempting to refute an argument is to accuse the accuser and try to expose hypocrisy. Principled? I don't know but this is about the last place on Earth I would expect to see principled arguments.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '20 22:19
    @tom-wolsey said
    Principled? I don't know but this is about the last place on Earth I would expect to see principled arguments.
    You may speak for yourself by all means. As for me, I am a principled contributor. Perhaps if you spent more time here, you might come to realize that.

A common way of attempting to refute an argument is to accuse the accuser and try to expose hypocrisy.

Is the hypocrisy you are referring to sonship's? He is the one who brought up the rape of women in India, seemingly only as a rhetorical gimmick, only then to show no interest in it whatsover.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 May '20 22:23
    Apparently, you are above reproach. Nothing wrong with that. Cheers.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '20 22:241 edit
    @tom-wolsey said
    @fmf said
    Do you think, on this thread, sonship has [1] effectively championed the cause of women victims of specific violent crimes in India and [2] pushed back against criticism of his religious group in a principled way?
    Tom Wolsey [1] No, but it seems the primary objective was to elicit a response.

By starting this thread, sonship was actually running away from a thread where criticisims of his religious group were getting discussed extensively and in depth and he was getting hundreds of responses.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '20 22:26
    @tom-wolsey said
    I didn't say I was "beyond reproach". That is a notion - a straw man - that you have introduced, not me. You should attempt to be more principled about how you conduct yourself.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '20 22:35
    @tom-wolsey said
    So, once again, is the hypocrisy you are referring to sonship's? He is the one who brought up the rape of women in India, seemingly only as a rhetorical gimmick, only then to show no interest in it whatsover.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 02:242 edits
    @tom-wolsey said
    I don't know but this is about the last place on Earth I would expect to see principled arguments.
    You have capped off this post off by seemingly questioning everybody's integrity and honesty.
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 06:31
    @fmf said
    You have capped off this post off by seemingly questioning everybody's integrity and honesty.
    When in Rome and all that.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 06:40
    @tom-wolsey said
    When in Rome and all that.
    I'm pretty sure the When in Rome saying is about adaptation and compliance and not about people giving themselves permission to be brazenly hypocritical.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 07:03
    @tom-wolsey said
    Bold statement. So if dariusz lives or dies, it's none of your concern. smh
    That wasn’t what I was saying as you well know.

But know you mention it no I don’t care if “dariousz” lives of dies.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 07:05
    @tom-wolsey said
    And you are just a sock puppet of a poster too shy of their original username.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 07:28
    @divegeester said
    That wasn’t what I was saying as you well know.

But know you mention it no I don’t care if “dariousz” lives of dies.
    😆
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 09:26
    @tom-wolsey said
    😆
    How long have you been a Christian?
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 09:34
    @divegeester said
    How long have you been a Christian?
    You first. What are you, and how long have you been what you are?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 10:04
    @tom-wolsey said
    You first. What are you, and how long have you been what you are?
    I have no secret about it, I’ve discussed here many times. But seeing as how I asked you first, I am now curious as to why you are reluctant to respond.

Why would a prior Christian poster who is now pretending to be another user not want to discuss his Christianity I wonder.

Let’s see if we can work that out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree