1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 10:572 edits
    @divegeester said
    I have no secret about it, I’ve discussed here many times. But seeing as how I asked you first, I am now curious as to why you are reluctant to respond.

Why would a prior Christian poster who is now pretending to be another user not want to discuss his Christianity I wonder.

Let’s see if we can work that out.
    I didn't say you had a secret about anything. I just figured that since you asked me a personal question, you are the kind of person who thinks personal information is something to be casually shared among people who don't know each other. I mean, it's either that, or you are a total hypocrite that expects others to give up personal information but won't do so yourself. But we know that's not true.

So. Again. Since you're the one that has come forth as a person who expects others to give up their personal information, shouldn't you be expected to, as a token of honesty, respect and transparency, reveal your information first?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:28
    @tom-wolsey said
    Since you're the one that has come forth as a person who expects others to give up their personal information, shouldn't you be expected to, as a token of honesty, respect and transparency, reveal your information first?
    divegeester has started dozens of threads about himself as a Christian, and his faith, and Jesus, and the church, and so on, over the last decade, many of which led to lively and extended discussions in which he was extremely candid and often quite harsh about himself. What exactly is the issue you have with his "honesty, respect and transparency" when it comes to his Christian faith?
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:37
    @fmf said
    divegeester has started dozens of threads about himself as a Christian, and his faith, and Jesus, and the church, and so on, over the last decade, many of which led to lively and extended discussions in which he was extremely candid and often quite harsh about himself. What exactly is the issue you have with his "honesty, respect and transparency" when it comes to his Christian faith?
    And again, you display a complete lack of understanding. Not to mention the usual change of subject by way of projection. Oh! And the rude butting into someone else's conversation. Can't say I've missed that. Anyway, I never said I had an issue. It's a completely plausible response, if someone requests another's personal information, the requester shouldn't refuse to give up their own information first.

It's an odd question anyway. "How long have you been a Christian." Why does it matter? Who cares? What motivates someone to ask such a question, out of the blue, in the middle of a discussion about something completely different?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:44
    @tom-wolsey said
    And again, you display a complete lack of understanding. Not to mention the usual change of subject by way of projection. Oh! And the rude butting into someone else's conversation. Can't say I've missed that. Anyway, I never said I had an issue. It's a completely plausible response, if someone requests another's personal information, the requester shouldn't refuse to give up their own information first.
    You don't need to reveal anything about yourself if you don't want to.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:49
    @fmf said
    I generally have no problem with it when I'm among people I can trust.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:50
    @tom-wolsey said
    What motivates someone to ask such a question, out of the blue, in the middle of a discussion about something completely different?
    You don't seem interested in sonship's clumsy attempt to run away from criticism of his religious group and you don't seem interested in the topic of women being raped in India, indeed, that was the topic sonship chose [and promptly abandoned] in order to deflect from criticism of his religious group. So what topic you think you and others should be addressing seems moot to me.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '20 11:52
    @tom-wolsey said
    So, there you go. divegeester has shared deeply personal insights and admissions about his Christian faith here for years. You, on the other hand, need not reveal anything about yours if you don't want to.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 17:183 edits
    @fmf said
    Did you believe him? He does have a history of role-playing.

Also, as his chronicler and spokesperson, which aspects of Christianity would you say he most embodies and displays in this forum? Or has he abandoned the faith?

[Sorry, just following the template. 😉]

I do respect your consistent sobriety of tone, so am inclined to believe your observations in this post without requesting documentation.

If Dive has been harsh about himself in the past, I'm sorry to hear it and hope that he has found a greater measure of self-acceptance and self-appreciation – in Christian terms, seeing himself through the eyes of the God Who is Love rather than through the eyes of the social-control boogeyman of the God of Judgment.

As for all the nitpicking and rebuking that occurs here among people who present themselves as Christians, I think that was more of a Pauline recommendation (perhaps as a lapidary process but also to maintain consistency of doctrine) but one which unfortunately and usually just leads to wrangling in the weeds these days – a distraction, a diversion, and a means of procrastination.

Inasmuch as it is inevitably a persona that practices and engages with Christianity, it is understandable that some or perhaps many personas are reluctant to look toward the One True Directionless Direction, because they are not yet ready to be dissolved or transformed.

And that is fine.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 18:42
    @fmf said
    In my experience, revelations about oneself usually involve a certain degree of fiction, some of which is out of one's control.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 18:48
    @tom-wolsey said
    And again, you display a complete lack of understanding. Not to mention the usual change of subject by way of projection. Oh! And the rude butting into someone else's conversation. Can't say I've missed that. Anyway, I never said I had an issue. It's a completely plausible response, if someone requests another's personal information, the requester shouldn't refuse to ...[text shortened]... uch a question, out of the blue, in the middle of a discussion about something completely different?
    Took me decades to learn that the best response to some personal questions is: "Why do you ask?"
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 May '20 18:56
    "Ohta, it seems that something has escaped at Chef Wolsey's station, and there are only 24 minutes to go."

"That's right, Fukui-San. Several years ago, giant Asian Carp invaded the Great Lakes surrounding Michigan, and Chef Wolsey intended to make Kaiju Koi broth as a setting for the theme ingredient, but that usually involves a fermentation over several months.

"Got to go! Back in a moment from Chef Morimoto's station."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:06
    @tom-wolsey said
    So. Again. Since you're the one that has come forth as a person who expects others to give up their personal information, shouldn't you be expected to, as a token of honesty, respect and transparency, reveal your information first?
    I asked the question pointedly, as a little trap if you like.

I knew you wouldn’t answer.
    I think I know who you are (in terms of RHP prior username) and if I’m correct then the vain and poorly coordinated mind behind “Tom Wolsey” would not be able to a) remember what he had said in his other under profile, and b) be reluctant to blatantly lie.

Let just say, it’s your move... 🙂
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:07
    @fmf said
    What exactly is the issue you have with his "honesty, respect and transparency" when it comes to his Christian faith?
    What other poster here do you know with this same personality attribute?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:09
    @tom-wolsey said
    And again, you display a complete lack of understanding. Not to mention the usual change of subject by way of projection.
    “Projection”

What other American right wing pompous Christian do we know who uses “projection” at least once a month as a debating tactic...?

Haha.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '20 19:10
    @tom-wolsey said
    You little church perhaps?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree