1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 20:52
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Thank you for your clarifications in this thread. I understand better now how according to your view it makes sense to say S1 and S2 are the same person.

Your view seems more self-consistent in this respect than what RJHinds has described.
    Well thanks. But it's really not my view but I know what you mean. All JW's have this same understanding from the Bible and pretty much can show by scriptures this belief.
    It's all in the Bible but one does need some help from God's spirit to see it clearly. So let me know what else I can do for you....
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 23:44
    Thank you for your clarifications in this thread. I understand better now how according to your view it makes sense to say S1 and S2 are the same person.

Your view seems more self-consistent in this respect than what RJHinds has described.
    Why don't you become a JW then?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 00:142 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why don't you become a JW then?
    Uh, because I think their core beliefs are nuts.

Just because, based on his clarifications, I do not see any obvious contradiction in his view that S1 and S2 are the same person doesn't mean I think the JW take on how the world works has any actual basis in facts. I also think the idea that the moon is made of cheese is self-consistent. Does that mean I should adopt that view?

Your view seems incoherent, though. I've already given some reasons why I think that.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 00:36
    Uh, because I think their core beliefs are nuts.

Just because, based on his clarifications, I do not see any obvious contradiction in his view that S1 and S2 are the same person doesn't mean I think the JW take on how the world works has any actual basis in facts. I also think the idea that the moon is made of cheese is self-consistent. Does that m ...[text shortened]... iew?

Your view seems incoherent, though. I've already given some reasons why I think that.
    I have never heard a JW say the moon is made of cheese.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 04:28
    Good for you.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:22
    It depends on the kind of cheese....lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree