Calling out God...

Calling out God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by badmoon
All I'll say is that it's easier to make arguments that God doesn't exist than if he does.

I belive in God, have no time for any religion, though.
Religion sucks!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by josephw
Existence of existence? Give me a brake. I said the existence of everything that exists is proof that God exists. 😛
Yes, I know that's what you said. However, the fact that you said it doesn't prevent it from being a logical non sequiter.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by timebombted
Why is it the only proof "god believers" can ever provide is complete circular crap or a quote from a book written by man. It's amazing so many fall for this fallacy...... some would say its a miracle..... Ooo! further proof for you.
It's the virulence of some atheists speech that rankles me. Why do you find it necessary to use that type of language to make your point?
Are we children calling each other names?
And if there is a God, and he created everything, then the existence of everything would be proof enough. There's nothing circular about it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Yes, I know that's what you said. However, the fact that you said it doesn't prevent it from being a logical non sequiter.
Is it? If God created everything, then everything would prove that he is the creator. Ergo, God exists.

If a DNA test was done to prove I am my sons father, then his existence proves I exist.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 May 07

Is it? If God created everything, then everything would prove that he is the creator. Ergo, God exists.

If a DNA test was done to prove I am my sons father, then his existence proves I exist.

Yes, but we have existential proof of both of you. What if only your son took the test? Would that prove you are his father, if your DNA was unknown? By your logic, yes.

"Is it? If God created everything, then everything would prove that he is the creator. Ergo, God exists."

I highlighted the important word. You started with the desired conclusion as an axiom and could help but to find the result you'd already made.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 May 07

[b]If a DNA test was done to prove I am my sons father, then his existence proves I exist.

Yes, but we have existential proof of both of you. What if only your son took the test? Would that prove you are his father, if your DNA was unknown? By your logic, yes.

"Is it? If God created everything, then everything would prove ...[text shortened]... the desired conclusion as an axiom and could help but to find the result you'd already made.[/b]
Ok! I hate trying to prove God exists, and that isn't even why I got into this thread anyway.

You know what proof you need. You go find it for yourself. 🙂

t

Australia

Moves
28 May 07

It's the virulence of some atheists speech that rankles me. Why do you find it necessary to use that type of language to make your point?
And if there is a God, and he created everything, then the existence of everything would be proof enough. There's nothing circular about it.
If I eloquently state my argument with logical reason and evidence, it will receive the type of response that lacks logical meaning and reason only produced to distract from the real issue. I suppose it comes down to whether the poster was worthy of my effort.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
28 May 07

Ok! I hate trying to prove God exists, and that isn't even why I got into this thread anyway.

You know what proof you need. You go find it for yourself. 🙂
So are we all allowed to make unproven blanket assertions, upon which our entire logical platform is based?

R

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Hey! You! Schmuck!
Come on then! You omnipotent waste of ink. Show yourself!

We’ve got churches, synagogues and mosques full of people willing to kill and die on your behalf; millions of them; billions of them… all praying to you, worshipping you, living their pathetic little lives for you…. SHOW YOURSELF!!!
Come on down from your holy little perch a ...[text shortened]... distorted anus of the truth!

GET DOWN HERE! RIGHT NOW!
It’s time to have your arse whipped!
Such a rant might only cause god to put you on his ignore list. Try asking nicely.

t

Australia

Moves
28 May 07
1 edit

Just got back from a run, who knows why this appeared twice........ God did it?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
28 May 07

Originally posted by Regicidal
Such a rant might only cause god to put you on his ignore list. Try asking nicely.
That was me asking nicely. Most of what I wanted to say was censored.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 07

So are we all allowed to make unproven blanket assertions, upon which our entire logical platform is based?
Happens all the time.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Happens all the time.
Kelly
Happens all the time and you know more about that skill than almost all of us put together. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.......

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 May 07

If God created everything - this assumes there is a God in the first place. You're concluding that your assumption is correct based on that same assumption. It's a circular argument and therefore worthless.

w

Moves
29 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
If God created everything - this assumes there is a God in the first place. You're concluding that your assumption is correct based on that same assumption. It's a circular argument and therefore worthless.
It seems to me that there are two explanations for the material universe. The first, of coarse, is that God created it. The second is that it always was. However, that is not what science tells us is it? In fact, science can look as far back as the Big Bang and NO further. So you tell me, what evidence is there that there was NO begining? It seems those who do not believe in a creator are being the irrational ones.

Edit: Please don't tell me it all magically appeared out of thin air.