1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 01:06
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    simple double-barrel shotgun is good for home defense. I'm not an expert, but a friend of mine who is recommended both the Steyr AUG and Galil, but both are out of my price range. But if you have the means, I'm sure they would meet anyone's standards.
    I'm not finding what I'm looking for. What is the scriptural basis or theological rationale from a Christian perspective? I only ask this because the religion issue was inserted into this. It is , after all, a "God-given right."
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 01:19
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Why not? Just because we carry don't mean we are not safe. Infact, an armed society is a polite society. Criminals prefer that we are not armed. I carry because I am a woman with children and I want to provide them whith the best protection I can. It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    Our governor here in Wisconsin doesn't seem to think so. He keeps vetoing the bill.

Makes no difference to me anyway. If you know what I mean.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 01:23
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What would be a good piece to own from a scriptural standpoint?
    I like dynamite. Hard to miss with that stuff. But a Glock .22 will do the job. Police issue. Great handgun. Easy to shoot. Smooth action.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 01:30
    I'm not finding what I'm looking for. What is the scriptural basis or theological rationale from a Christian perspective? I only ask this because the religion issue was inserted into this. It is , after all, a "God-given right."
    Ro 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

This may be a stretch, but at some point ya gotta stop the perp before he does something really bad to hurt you or your family. In this world, I think God understands how we feel if we're backed against the wall.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 01:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ro 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

This may be a stretch, but at some point ya gotta stop the perp before he does something really bad to hurt you or your family. In this world, I think God understands how we feel if we're backed against the wall.
    Even you are of no help to me in this area.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 02:00
    Just what is your problem? Do you not believe in self defence?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 02:292 edits
    You're gonna have to find someone who truly believes in the teachings of Jesus 🙂

Good luck with that.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 07:32
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You're gonna have to find someone who truly believes in the teachings of Jesus 🙂

Good luck with that.
    Why don't you help him then? Or are you not a true believer in Jesus?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 08:10
    I do not only carry for protection from a criminal, I also carry so that our government does not get too prowerful.
    Does anyone actually believe that bearing arms actually stops the government from getting too powerful?
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 10:46
    Just what is your problem? Do you not believe in self defence?
    Goddamn it, I believe in Jesus! That is my problem. I cannot find a single person to give me some congruent theology about bearing arms being a "God-given right" and the utter ineptitude of Jesus not defending himself on the way to the cross.

That was all I was asking. IS that too much to ask?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 11:51

And I am sure he also understands that if you gotta sin, you gotta sin. Just don't try to make out that Gods 'understanding' stops it from being a sin.
  12. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 14:06
    Yes the right to bear arms and also the right to carry on your person if you desire to.
    Don't you think bearing arms goes against the spirit of turning the other cheek?

Do you know any good biblical references justifying violent self-defense?
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 15:42
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Don't you think bearing arms goes against the spirit of turning the other cheek?

Do you know any good biblical references justifying violent self-defense?
    It appears to me that the only Christians on here are the atheists. Pitious.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 22:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does anyone actually believe that bearing arms actually stops the government from getting too powerful?
    Yes
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 22:20
    Goddamn it, I believe in Jesus! That is my problem. I cannot find a single person to give me some congruent theology about bearing arms being a "God-given right" and the utter ineptitude of Jesus not defending himself on the way to the cross.

That was all I was asking. IS that too much to ask?
    LOL That's why no one answered you. Just because some website says it's a GodGiven right doesn't mean it's true! I can agree with the website's message, but not agree with every blessed word of it. There's no scriptural backing to the 2nd Amendment. Big, Fat, Hairy Deal. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree