1. weedhopper
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 14:38
    Originally posted by WWindmill
    I wasnt being rude but honest. Being civilised is taking ten times the effort and ten times the pain to achieve what can be done once. 😕.
    That tells me all I need know about you.
    You ARE indeed honest; too bad honesty is not in itself a virtue.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 15:344 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm not finding what I'm looking for. What is the scriptural basis or theological rationale from a Christian perspective? I only ask this because the religion issue was inserted into this. It is , after all, a "God-given right."
    Jesus used a whip himself, so I imagine something non-lethal, painful and humiliating to the target. Maybe a taser? How about a shotgun with rock salt?

Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33,
    Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27
    Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8

Later on he'll be using a sword, but it's going to sticking out of his mouth somehow. Maybe he's like that knight in the Quest for the Holy Grail who gets his limbs lopped off. Well, his arms anyway...he'll have brass feet.

Oh! Maybe he'll be like the Tin Man, with metal prosthetics for his feet anyway.

Revelation 19:15
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 16:00
    Jesus only uses a whip in John's account of the Passion. John is a later writing and he could very well be embellishing to promote his view of Jesus, which is quite different from the other Synoptic gospels.

In Gesthemene the disciples are clearly armed, having used a sword to cut off the ear of a Roman soldier which Jesus heals before allowing himself to be arrested without a struggle.
  4. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:06
    I think you're basically a coward.
    How does this make ma a coward?
  5. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I'd like to know how that works. Bush has been taking away people rights, what is being done about it by the armed citizens? Do you go and shoot a politician? I'm just curious how being armed helps.
    The supreme court talking about something doesn't really help me.
    I am also hoping to pass on the useful information to the people of Zimbabwe.
    Yes, I agree that Bush has been taking away people's rights, the problem is that the government is feeding the people lies as to why they are doing it. They are telling us that it is needed for them to be safe. Many citizens are believing this, however there are many others who do not and there many who are talking of a posibility of another revolution. I am not sure if it is going to come to that or not. I just depends on if the citizens wake up and realize the truth behind the lies that are being fed to us.
  6. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Jesus used a whip himself, so I imagine something non-lethal, painful and humiliating to the target. Maybe a taser? How about a shotgun with rock salt?

Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33,
    Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27
    Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8

Later on he'll be using a sword, but it's going to sticking out of his mouth somehow. Maybe he's like that knight i ...[text shortened]... he'll be like the Tin Man, with metal prosthetics for his feet anyway.

Revelation 19:15
    Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The sword is the Word of God, that is why it is 'out of his mouth', it is not litteral.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:24
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    How does this make ma a coward?
    Coward - {noun} person easily frightened.

Have you ever been in a situation where you nealy killed someone. I have and it isnt the same as you would think. It is actually pretty scary with the thoughts that race through your head. I was getting beaten up in a home invasion and had a knife handy to which I nearly stuck in one of their temples. After asking me to get my gun one of them sat in a chair while the other one had his hands in his pockets like he was carrying. Im glad I didnt because I would hate to have to live with that but managed to get away. I shifted and do not carry a weapon because if I did I would be a coward and they would have robbed my life.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 22:28
    If you have a reason then shift.
  9. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:031 edit

Have you ever been in a situation where you nealy killed someone. I have and it isnt the same as you would think. It is actually pretty scary with the thoughts that race through your head. I was getting beaten up in a home invasion and had a knife handy to which I nearly stuck in one of their temples. After aski ...[text shortened]... d do not carry a weapon because if I did I would be a coward and they would have robbed my life.
    I too have been in a situation where I may have had to kill somone. It was a home envation also. This guy had forced his way in through our frount door while my daughters were at the table eating dinner. My husband had yelled at him to stop, however he didn't untill we pulled our weapons and warned him he was going to get shoot. He stoped, however he didn't want to leave. I had to push the door shut on him in order to get him out of our house. Thankfully we didn't have to shoot him.

I wonder what could have happened if we didn't have our weapons. Expecially if my husband wasn't home at the time. He could have done anything he wanted to me and my girls.

And to your assumption of me being a coward, no, I am not easily frightened. The whole time the ordeal was going on I didn't feel any fear, it was afterwords when the police were here when it sunk in. And even then I though I should have been more scared, but to my surprise it didn't bother me much. Infact I was releaved we didn't have to shoot him and also glad that we had a way of protecting ourselves if he would not have stoped.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:06

Have you ever been in a situation where you nealy killed someone. I have and it isnt the same as you would think. It is actually pretty scary with the thoughts that race through your head. I was getting beaten up in a home invasion and had a knife handy to which I nearly stuck in one of their temples. After aski ...[text shortened]... d do not carry a weapon because if I did I would be a coward and they would have robbed my life.
    Was it your house?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:10
    I too have been in a situation where I may have had to kill somone. It was a home envation also. This guy had forced his way in through our frount door while my daughters were at the table eating dinner. My husband had yelled at him to stop, however he didn't untill we pulled our weapons and warned him he was going to get shoot. He stoped, however he didn ...[text shortened]... him and also glad that we had a way of protecting ourselves if he would not have stoped.
    You should have shot him!
  12. SEMO
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:162 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    lol, I kinda agree, the taxpayers money could be used on somthing better than on him. However, we would have the berden of killing someone. My husband aready has problems sleeping due to other situations he has been through growing up and this just added to it. If we would have killed him it could have been worse for my husband in the long run. He did stop when he was looking down the other end of a gun and in our minds it would not have been justified if we did kill him. We just hope and pray that the thought of almost getting killed would cause him to change his ways. He was caught a few min. afterwards and was wanted for several other things.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:38-39, NRSV)

Hopefully someday you'll come to understand and follow Jesus.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 23:31
    lol, I kinda agree, the taxpayers money could be used on somthing better than on him. However, we would have the berden of killing someone. My husband aready has problems sleeping due to other situations he has been through growing up and this just added to it. If we would have killed him it could have been worse for my husband in the long run. He did sto ...[text shortened]... to change his ways. He was caught a few min. afterwards and was wanted for several other things.
    Just sit back and enjoy this one. God bless.

YouTube&NR=1
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 00:11
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Just sit back and enjoy this one. God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHccoTs5Pm0&NR=1
    lol, I have seen that one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree