1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 00:13
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    My theory: Unless women are so repressed culturally that they have no options at all (which is common in polygamous cultures), a man with two rival wives can too soon leave behind two widows. If a husband came home and presented me with wife number two and told me God told him to marry her, I'd send him directly to the deity and find out if that's what He really said. Up close and personal.
    What you will find when you find that deity is it goes 'what the hell are you talking about and what planet do you come from anyway?'
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '13 05:472 edits
    sonhouse,

I've been harmoniously married for 36 years. God led me to my wife and her to me. God has kept us together in harmony for 36 years.

Are you married ?
    If you are not I'd like to see how your morally superior philosophy has faired in your own dealings with women.

In the last 36 years how many times have you dumped a women to go get another one ?

You have this pristine respect for women. Right?
    Have you been committed and faithful to your loved woman for over 30 years ?

How many girlfriends have you gone through in three decades and six years?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '13 07:46
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it took until 2006 to get a female primate, im not so sure thats something to shout about.
    At least we have one now, which is what's important. That was then, this is now, so you'll forgive me if I shout about it. It's better than it not happening at all.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '13 08:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So now we know a monkey can do that job, eh🙂 It doesn't even take a great ape, just a female primate🙂

Suzianne, you know that is a joke, right?

It only took 2000 years, eh. So how long do you think before the same think happens to Baptists or Catholics? My guess is not in THIS millennium.

What part of that nasty verse do you not understand, Levit ...[text shortened]... SUITS MEN VERY WELL TO BE THOUGHT OF AS ON TOP IN ALL THINGS AND ESPECIALLY IN RELIGION.
    sonhouse, we've been over this numerous times already, and no, I'm not gonna rehash my argument to you here yet a fourth, fifth or sixth time. You didn't get it the first three times, so I doubt if it will stick after 4, 5 or 6 times. If anyone were to be upset over this, it would be me, but interestingly enough, I have the ability to put things in context and into their place in history. Yes, it's easy to look around and see the evil that men do and to place this amongst the dung heap of other societal evil brilliancies of men. As a Christian, though, I can see and have faith that there is more than that afoot here. Just as you not being a believer, I can see that you have no desire to see through that layer to a deeper truth. It fits your agenda better that this is just more of man's monkey business than part of God's plan.

And yes, I got the monkey/ape/primate joke.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '13 08:091 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    When I said taken out of context, I did not mean that this was not something God told Moses. What I meant is that you refuse to see the purpose of this section of scripture and take it out of context from that purpose, and then assign your own purpose to it as a strawman, so you can condemn what God has said, similar to how Satan did with Eve in the Garden ting mankind male and female and commanding them to be fruitful and multiply.

The Instructor
    Dammit, Ron, you're like Walter in The Big Lebowski. With him everything boiled down to the Vietnam War, but with you everything boils down to evolution. You have to drag the evil evolutionists into every single argument. It gives your argument sort of a tragic comedy that it wouldn't have if you didn't do this. Talk about out of context.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '13 08:48
    Originally posted by sonship
    The verse in Genesis stating that man was made in the image of God makes it clear that by "man" - male and female is intended.

Genesis 1:27 - [b]"And God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female he created them."

You're not talking to the Instructor now. You're reading my response.

I have already s ...[text shortened]... ast where polygamy was law, why does God rule against it in Leviticus 18:18 ?[/b]
    are you trying to say that the sexism in the old testament is not that bad? because you are right, there are always worse situations.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    19 May '13 10:57
    sonhouse,

I've been harmoniously married for 36 years. God led me to my wife and her to me. God has kept us together in harmony for 36 years.

Are you married ?
    If you are not I'd like to see how your morally superior philosophy has faired in your own dealings with women.

In the last 36 years how many times have you dump ...[text shortened]... 30 years ?

27 years for me. Not quite as good as your record but we are getting there. Did god put us together? Doubtful, I don't believe in your particular god although I'll admit the possibility of a god existing. My father was married for 40 years and was even less tolerant of god botherers than I am.

Maybe you should consider those facts before claiming the moral high ground for religion.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 May '13 11:42
    sonhouse,

Are you married ?

In the last 36 years how many times have you dump ...[text shortened]... 30 years ?

how do you know god led you to your wife? there are lots of successful marriages are they all because of god?

you attribute god for keeping your marriage together??? surely you should want to feel like you, your personality and your wifes made you marriage work?

do you believe that there are atheist couples that have brilliant marriages without any outside help? can two people just get along really well with or without the existence of god?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '13 13:251 edit
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '13 13:27
    Did you actually READ Leviticus 27/4? The very first sentence goes 'AND THE LORD SPOKE TO MOSES". RJ says I take things out of context but exactly how do I take that sentence out of context?

But you're talking to me, sonship now.

Dedicate some attention solely to me and don't get your rebuttals confused.

Why no divine oracle ...[text shortened]... ot have a look of delight on their faces standing over you at your deathbed ?
    I think sonhouse is ignoring this splendid rebuttal...🙂
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 May '13 13:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    At least we have one now, which is what's important. That was then, this is now, so you'll forgive me if I shout about it. It's better than it not happening at all.
    true, but that wasnt the point you were making. it baffles me how any feminist can be a christian. but then again it baffles me how they get the stripy toothpaste in the tubes, but they do.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:10
    sonhouse, we've been over this numerous times already, and no, I'm not gonna rehash my argument to you here yet a fourth, fifth or sixth time. You didn't get it the first three times, so I doubt if it will stick after 4, 5 or 6 times. If anyone were to be upset over this, it would be me, but interestingly enough, I have the ability to put things in contex ...[text shortened]... 's monkey business than part of God's plan.

So according to your logic there must be what, 10 real Christians on the planet?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:13
    sonhouse,

Are you married ?

I have been married to the same great lady since 1979, we have 8 children, 7 living, but his, hers, ours, and theirs if you know what I mean. Also some 20+ grandkids, several of them living with us yet.
    I respect whatever my wife wants to accomplish and she has accomplished quite a bit. We don't need constant reference to a god just to continue to live in harmony. We live in harmony because we are loving adults.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:15
    sonhouse, we've been over this numerous times already, and no, I'm not gonna rehash my argument to you here yet a fourth, fifth or sixth time. You didn't get it the first three times, so I doubt if it will stick after 4, 5 or 6 times. If anyone were to be upset over this, it would be me, but interestingly enough, I have the ability to put things in contex ...[text shortened]... 's monkey business than part of God's plan.

BTW, congratulations on getting a female primate. Can you explain what a female primate is, joking aside? I can see the word, prime and such, does that mean she is elevated to the status of a Pope in the Catholic religion?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:242 edits
    Did you actually READ Leviticus 27/4? The very first sentence goes 'AND THE LORD SPOKE TO MOSES". RJ says I take things out of context but exactly how do I take that sentence out of context?

But you're talking to me, sonship now.

Dedicate some attention solely to me and don't get your rebuttals confused.

Why no divine oracle ot have a look of delight on their faces standing over you at your deathbed ?
    Well Gee, why does it just HAPPEN that men are on top in religion and women are seldom allowed entrance into the upper circles? And I see the verses about adultery as just throwing a bone to women to try to calm them from that terrible verse about worth.

You seem to think because other cultures treat women worse that makes it ok for the rules of the bible.

It is NOT ok and it is atrocity for other cultures to treat women the way they do, blaming the women no matter what.

That is my point, that is such an example of anthropomorphic behavior, it just tells me it was codified in the bible and did not in fact come from some god talking to Mo.

It was Mo's personal bias coming out, pure and simple, and the people bought it all hook line and sinker.

What I can't understand is how people can be duped by that even now in the 21st century, buying the entire line without even thinking about it.

How many people even LOOK at Leviticus today? It is so ingrained they don't even need to see the words, just take it for granted GOD told us women are worth less than men and then a few verses on, throws some bones to assuage the ego's of the women involved.

You can look through all my posts, I NEVER put down women.

Here are some women who got screwed out of getting a Nobel prize BECAUSE they were women. I say this is just one example of what was codified in the bible in Leviticus:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130519-women-scientists-overlooked-dna-history-science/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree