Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 19

@FMF

This seems most likely to me. Jesus caused a stir. He got executed.

Why did He cause a stir and get executed ? Where do you get that information ?

A posthumous cult of personality was built around him that piggy-backed ancient Hebrew mythology.

So in a matter of less then a year, tens of thousands of Jews who revered the seventh day Sabbath for centuries, SUDDENLY decided the more important day was the first day of the week ?

That is because of a strong personality of someone executed ?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
When you tried to blame your nonsensical assertion on "KellyJay's inarticulacy", were you correct?
Don't answer the question if you don't want to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

There are many religions and people have all manner of religious feelings and experiences.

So what ?
"Many" of something means there is no truth ?

"Many" people have different reasons for saying they are atheists.
Does "many" people with "many" feelings about atheism, also demand that atheism cannot be true?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
Why did He cause a stir and get executed ? Where do you get that information ?
I assume his teaching caused a stir. I assume he was executed for sedition. I could be wrong about these things. Something caused the cult of supernatural personality to get going 2,000 years ago. Muhammad caused a stir and that kick-started a "new" religion 1,400 or so years ago.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
So what ?
It means I am not impressed by your claim that you "have met Jesus". I suggest you save it for your fellow believers.

T

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Don't answer the question if you don't want to.
When you tried to blame your nonsensical assertion on "KellyJay's inarticulacy", were you correct?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
That is because of a strong personality of someone executed ?
Maybe it was because some people believed him when he claimed his (and their) god figure had sent him. Maybe some Jews thought he was to be their king.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
I think KellyJay's clumsy question was something you should address. Failing that, I think you should address the question in the OP.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
Does "many" people with "many" feelings about atheism, also demand that atheism cannot be true?
You've got yourself in a tangle. You're trying to extrapolate nonsense out of something sensible that I said.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
And of what millions down through the ages attest with me to have also experienced.
This sounds like argumentum ad populum.

T

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
I think KellyJay's clumsy question was something you should address. Failing that, I think you should address the question in the OP.
I think that you blaming your nonsensical assertion on "KellyJay's inarticulacy" is something you should address.

KJ has nothing on you in the "clumsy" department. You can stop now. You've convinced me.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@sonship said
So in a matter of less then a year, tens of thousands of Jews who revered the seventh day Sabbath for centuries, SUDDENLY decided the more important day was the first day of the week ?
I have no credible reason to believe that Jesus rose from the dead nor that any Jews who had admired him and who had commemorated his death - in its immediate aftermath - believed that he had risen from the dead. Nor do I have any credible reason to believe stuff written by Paul and other people who didn't even meet Jesus.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
I think that you blaming your nonsensical assertion on "KellyJay's inarticulacy" is something you should address.

KJ has nothing on you in the "clumsy" department. You can stop now. You've convinced me.
Thanks, ThinkOfOne.

T

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Thanks, ThinkOfOne.
You're welcome.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 19
1 edit

@FMF

I assume his teaching caused a stir. I assume he was executed for sedition.

Well the gospels say that on an occasion or two the people demanded that Jesus be their king. They tried to force Him to be a leader and He withdrew from their populace efforts.

Why did Jesus do that if He was trying to stir up a mass sedition?