1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Dan corner is a heretic. I read his whole book of conditional security.
    so was Micheal Servetus apparently, it didn't give Calvin license to murder him.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:04
    Originally posted by sonship
    I don't know much about it. The name Servetus is the name of the man I had in mind.

I will educate myself on the matter as I am not intentionally misrepresenting anything as far as I know.

But if Calvin committed a crime or a sin than Calvin committed a crime or a sin. Since I don't worship Calvin as a sinless man I don't know why you think I must ...[text shortened]... him and God.

If I do not vindicate John Calvin's innocence in that affair, it means WHAT ??
    Yes robbie carobie sins, but he doesn't murder people because they have different religious views.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    John Calvin - French: Jean Calvin; born Jehan Cauvin: 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Calvin
    wow, you dont say.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:05
    Robbie do you consider this a fair review of what happened ?

Dr. Karin Maag on Bolsec and Servetus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7Zcrj6CfI

For backup, another talk on Servetus -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKXD7HblG0
    I am sorry Jaywill, i prefer to read.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:282 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I like some of each. I don't have a problem of READ verses LISTEN or visa versa.

But since this subject is new to me, I do plan to do some of both.
    I have learned quite a lot already.
    In the coming days or weeks I will read and listen to more because I expect different angles and different emphasis to be around the presentation of the story.

I can see off the bat that those who really despise the matter of the Trinity would be emboldened and infatuated by the infamy of this bit of church history.

That I can see.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:59
    Yes robbie carobie sins, but he doesn't murder people because they have different religious views.
    Two people went up to the temple to pray one was a tax collector the other was the Samaritan.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:00
    Two people went up to the temple to pray one was a tax collector the other was the Samaritan.
    and John Calvin was the robber that left the poor Samaritan lying half dead in the road.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:011 edit
    For you would you like me to sign jaywill at the end of my posts addressed to you?

sonship (aka. jaywill)
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:03
    and John Calvin was the robber that left the poor Samaritan lying half dead in the road.
    Every chapter of the Bible that you read you can pray to the Lord and have him show you who he is in that part of the chapter of the Bible. Jesus could be portrayed as the good Samaritan because he's the only one that's good.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:061 edit
    I'll tell you what. You have no idea of the far reaching consequences of your actions on the fabric of eternity.

Neither I, concerning my actions.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:06
    I like some of each. I don't have a problem of READ [b]verses LISTEN or visa versa.

But since this subject is new to me, I do plan to do some of both.
    I have learned quite a lot already.
    In the coming days or weeks I will read and listen to more because I expect different angles and different emphasis to be around the presentation of the story. ...[text shortened]... d be emboldened and infatuated by the infamy of this bit of church history.

That I can see.[/b]
    Actually although i was brought up a protestant i find the protestant religion to be rather cold when compared to its nemesis, Catholicism, with its emphasis of visual aspects appeals to the senses. Protestantism has an intolerance built into its ethos with the emphasis on salvation rather than repentance. The Puritan jailer of Mary Stuart Queen of Scotland was a man named Amyas Paulet who tried to prevent her giving alms to poor children. What kind of person would do that?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:08
    Every chapter of the Bible that you read you can pray to the Lord and have him show you who he is in that part of the chapter of the Bible. Jesus could be portrayed as the good Samaritan because he's the only one that's good.
    Actually when questioned about it, Jesus stated 'why do you call be good teacher, no one is good except the father'. You simply made your version up.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:09
    For you would you like me to sign [b] jaywill at the end of my posts addressed to you?

sonship (aka. jaywill)[/b]
    its up to you, you know you are jaywill and i know you are jaywill, why should i not call you jaywill?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:10
    I'll tell you what. You have no idea of the far reaching consequences of your actions on the fabric of eternity.

Neither I, concerning my actions.
    Yes perhaps you are correct.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:11
    Actually when questioned about it, Jesus stated 'why do you call be good teacher, no one is good except the father'. You simply made your version up.
    Jesus and God are one in the same. Jesus never sinned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree