1. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 15:44
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]1. you gotta be retarded to be creationinst, because being creationist means you prefer to ignore science and live in ignorance.

I have to disagree on that point. Most ordinary people do not accept evolution on intellectual grounds, weighing the evidence. I sure did not. I am probably just as misinformed as any creationist. So whether or not someo ...[text shortened]... someone who says that the biologists, who have spent years on training and research, are wrong.[/b]
    I am probably just as misinformed as any creationist

ok, fair enough.

I recommend you take a look at this,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_evolution

and decide whether or not you believe in it.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    On the 4th day, God created the Sun, Moon and Stars. So, 3 days and nights passed before the Earth ever made a single revolution around the Sun.

That's the first suggestion that God's days are not our days.

The second suggestion is from the lips of St. Peter:

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand y ...[text shortened]... s as one day."

That seems to imply that God's time and our time are not even comparable.
    On the 4th day, God created the Sun, Moon and Stars. So, 3 days and nights passed before the Earth ever made a single revolution around the Sun.

That's the first suggestion that God's days are not our days.

Well, see, that’s where you make your basic error. You have obviously accepted the scientific notion that an earth-day is determined by the rotation of the earth, and a year by the earth’s revolution around the sun. If that were right, then when God “stopped the sun in the heavens” in response to Joshua’s request—well, many cosmic events might have happened, but it surely wouldn’t have made the earth-day any longer (so that Joshua could go on killing).

So, you see, if you accept the Bible as literal truth, you cannot believe that an earth-day is caused by anything other than that the sun revolves around the earth…

Oh! Wait a minute…! Ummm… Well, before those three “nights and days”, there must have been a—wait a minute—yeah, a spiritual sun that revolved around the earth. Only God knew about this spiritual sun, so that is why the God-breathed scripture can talk about “days” here. Yeah, that’s it…

But the sun still has to go around the earth, y’know, or else scripture isn’t trustworthy…
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 11:31
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    1. you gotta be retarded to be creationinst, because being creationist means you prefer to ignore science and live in ignorance.

2.well, you obviously don't.

3.who told you that? how do you know? some apes know how to play chess, did you know that?

4. "they can coexist but shouldn't" doesn't mean anything. are you saying that its ok to believe ...[text shortened]... make your mind up.

5. and yet you prefer to act like an evangelical, hmm, how strange.
    1. No I prefer God over science, doesn't mean I don't study science, just not your kind.

2. I don't prove it.

3. So tell them some men landed on the moon.

4. I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE, just not evolution, learn the difference.

5. No I don't, I could talk to you all day about Catholicism, but you would probably have no idea what i was talking about.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 12:18
    Originally posted by daniel58
    1. No I prefer God over science, doesn't mean I don't study science, just not your kind.

2. I don't prove it.

5. No I don't, I could talk to you all day about Catholicism, but you would probably have no idea what i was talking about.
    Please define the 'science' you speak of. Assuming you really believe what you have posted so far, this 'science' sounds remarkably like magic.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 12:261 edit
    who said anything about mixing?

the question is whether they can coexist.
    An I still say no.

You cannot think two things at the same time that are mutual exclusive. If one is right, the other one cannot be right, and vice versa.

Creation is religion. Evolution is science. Threrefore they cannot mix.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 14:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    An I still say no.

You cannot think two things at the same time that are mutual exclusive. If one is right, the other one cannot be right, and vice versa.

Creation is religion. Evolution is science. Threrefore they cannot mix.
    "Creation is religon"-science is like a religon too . I mean in the sense that it is like a different religon that believes in different things.
    So as long as it is a peaceful religon it should be able to coexist with the other religons; even if they worship different gods!
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 16:53
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Please define the 'science' you speak of. Assuming you really believe what you have posted so far, this 'science' sounds remarkably like magic.
    Science, what causes gravity, black holes, friction, wind, light, etc. etc.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:00

2. I don't prove it.

1. its not one thing or another. you either study science or you don't, there is no such thing as "just not your kind".

2. whatever.

3.infantile response.

4.so you prefer to live in ignorance.

5.I know more about it then you.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:12
    1. its not one thing or another. you either study science or you don't, there is no such thing as "just not your kind".

2. whatever.

3.infantile response.

4.so you prefer to live in ignorance.

5.I know more about it then you.
    1. Sure there is physics, chemistry, botany, astronomy, rocket, zoology, biology, geology, sociology, anthropology, archeology

2. See you can't even back up your responses.

3. Prove it.

4. No and I'm glad I don't. Unlike some people...

5. Prove that too.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:26
    1. Sure there is physics, chemistry, botany, astronomy, rocket, zoology, biology, geology, sociology, anthropology, archeology

2. See you can't even back up your responses.

3. Prove it.

4. No and I'm glad I don't. Unlike some people...

5. Prove that too.
    1.my point is that you can't say you endorse science of you ignore the parts that go against your narrow view of the world.

2.its not that. its just that Im tired of discussing this with you, you're too thick to understand.

3.prove what? that you're infantile? just look at your posting history.

4.yes you do, if you prefer to ignore evolution just because it doesn't fit with your narrow view, then its your option to live in ignorance.
    do you still think the world is flat?

5.I have several times in the past. One example was when I said you shouldn't judge people, every true catholic should follow that, and yet you don't. The pope himself says evolution doesn't contradict catholic teaching, and yet you ignore that, etc, etc.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:47
    1.my point is that you can't say you endorse science of you ignore the parts that go against your narrow view of the world.

2.its not that. its just that Im tired of discussing this with you, you're too thick to understand.

3.prove what? that you're infantile? just look at your posting history.

4.yes you do, if you prefer to ignore evolution j ...[text shortened]... f says evolution doesn't contradict catholic teaching, and yet you ignore that, etc, etc.
    So you are saying that if I don't Believe in evolution I'm ignorant? Yet I should still listen to the Pope?

I don't think the world is flat, The Pope is not always right, If evolution "doesn't contradict catholic teaching" then what is Catholicism for?
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:51
    So you are saying that if I don't Believe in evolution I'm ignorant? Yet I should still listen to the Pope?

I don't think the world is flat, The Pope is not always right, If evolution "doesn't contradict catholic teaching" then what is Catholicism for?
    yes, you're ignorant of you ignore basic things like evolution.
    yes you should listen to the pope.

surprising, considering you ignore everything that goes against your narrow views.

the pope is not always wrong either. what is catholicism for? if you don't know then answer to that question then you're more clueless than I thought.

wise up.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 17:55
    yes, you're ignorant of you ignore basic things like evolution.
    yes you should listen to the pope.

surprising, considering you ignore everything that goes against your narrow views.

the pope is not always wrong either. what is catholicism for? if you don't know then answer to that question then you're more clueless than I thought.

wise up.
    It's not basic, except basic fiction.

No you said that the Pope said that "doesn't contradict catholic teaching" it can't be both either one or the other.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 18:16
    Science, what causes gravity, black holes, friction, wind, light, etc. etc.
    😞

Science doesn't cause any of that. I think you need at least a basic scientific education before you so vehemently decree it to be nonsense.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 18:26
    Originally posted by Starrman
    😞

Science doesn't cause any of that. I think you need at least a basic scientific education before you so vehemently decree it to be nonsense.
    I didn't say it CAUSED it I said said it is the STUDY of those.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree