Can Forensic Science Trace the World’s Origins?

Can Forensic Science Trace the World’s Origins?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Suggesting that a value is 4 or 5 or 0 means you have some idea of values. Suggesting that there isn’t a value means the same thing! Symantec’s aside you are still picking a position!
My position is that there is no credible evidence for the existence of God, resulting in my disbelief.

No more to it than that.

Read a book!

Moves
03 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
I don’t doubt you put in effort. I don’t believe anyone can say no beliefs after study. You either walked away saying no to something because...or yes. Nature abhors vacuums something is in your truth table one way or another giving you beliefs. You can not say God had to start within the universe without some view about God. Putting a limitation on God suggests a strong opinion, not one void of views.
I'm curious about one thing, KellyJay:

You have a perfect right to accept and/or worship whatever god or deity you choose.
But what gives you the right to question or challenge or dispute the beliefs of others?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 19

@HandyAndy

You have a perfect right to accept and/or worship whatever god or deity you choose.
But what gives you the right to question or challenge or dispute the beliefs of others?

Who is not exclusive ? What is he doing that you are not also doing?

You take religion A, and religion B, and religion C and come up your own criteria by which everyone should live:

"Don't dispute the beliefs of others."

So you're pushing your position on everyone else determining what every one OUGHT to do and how they OUGHT to behave.

You're just a exclusive as any other of the world views you're trying to scold to behave the way YOU think is the best belief to have.

So we have religion A, religion B, religion C, and your own exclusive philosophy D. It is just as much questioning and disputing the beliefs of any of the other worldviews.

Tolerance is in how you treat people with whom you disagree. Believe something strongly. Then we can see how tolerant you are in how you treat others who believe differently.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@sonship said
Tolerance is in how you treat people with whom you disagree. Believe something strongly. Then we can see how tolerant you are in how you treat others who believe differently.
You probably try harder than any other poster here to stifle debate. Instead, you often treat this message board as a blog where debate and discussion of your preaching monologues by people with different beliefs are apparently not welcome.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@handyandy said
I'm curious about one thing, KellyJay:

We have the right to choose what we do here, we just have to accept the consequences and benefits of our choices.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 19
2 edits

@FMF

You probably try harder than any other poster here to stifle debate.

You have your opinion. That one I consider a lie.
I don't stile debate.

Arguing perpetually with the same person I don't count as "stifling debate".

Maybe you think no legitimate use of the Forum can be had unless one debates you endlessly.

Instead, you often treat this message board as a blog where debate and discussion of your preaching monologues by people with different beliefs are apparently not welcome.

This is another lie. Recently I encouraged people who play chess around the world to welcome some Moslems to come to the board.

From the thread koran

Some of you guys who play chess with people all over the world here, you should invite Moslems to come to the Spirituality Forum and participate.

And I hope you'd treat them with cordiality.

I have great respect for people who are not afraid to say that they actually do believe something.

And I tolerate others like yourself who only stand by the sidelines to criticize any who have strong beliefs.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
We have the right to choose what we do here, we just have to accept the consequences and benefits of our choices.
I am only suggesting that the views of others, including non-belief in biblical myth or superstition, are at least as valid and legitimate as yours.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@handyandy said
I am only suggesting that the views of others, including non-belief in biblical myth or superstition, are at least as valid and legitimate as yours.
There are two things at play here the first being do each of us have the right to believe in whatever we want, yes! The second thing in play truth is exclusive, so opinions may vary wildly about what is real and right, what is truth will be truth if we all get it wrong, or only one gets it right. So reasoning together becomes important!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@handyandy said
Valid and legitimate as it relates to all opinions yes, but if we are talking what is true, no opinions no longer matter, except as they relate to truth.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Valid and legitimate as it relates to all opinions yes, but if we are talking what is true, no opinions no longer matter, except as they relate to truth.
Yes, and as Pilate famously asked, "What is truth?"

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 Feb 19

@handyandy said
This forum would be too boring if you couldn't question the beliefs of others.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Feb 19

@bigdoggproblem said
This forum would be too boring if you couldn't question the beliefs of others.
True. Perhaps question isn't the right word. How about disparage?

Moves
04 Feb 19

@handyandy said
True. Perhaps question isn't the right word. How about disparage?
"That's a silly thing to say," said the Ghost disparagingly.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You probably try harder than any other poster here to stifle debate.

You have your opinion. That one I consider a lie.
Well you either think it is my opinion.

Or you think it is a lie.

You can't have it both ways.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@sonship said

Instead, you often treat this message board as a blog where debate and discussion of your preaching monologues by people with different beliefs are apparently not welcome.

This is another lie.
You actually think I am lying about what my opinion is when I say you often treat this message board like it's your blog?