1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:061 edit
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

I’m aware of Meyer and the Discovery Insitute, I’ve read snippets of his stuff. He’s just promoting ‘God of the gaps’.
    If that is what you got from Meyers you don't understand the argument. (not trying to insult, it is just that isn't the argument) It isn't the gaps that are being addressed but from the point of our understanding. Looking at information that guides the processes within life, we see only one source that does anything like that we are aware of, not several different possible sources. That is intelligence, it takes intelligence to write a book, to program a computer, and so on. Random chance will not do that. The arguments are very strong, and worth the time. Even that 4 minute spot I put here will show you that.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:58
    @KellyJay

Let's run with this. If intelligence is required to create intelligence - who created the intelligence?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 13:29
    @proper-knob said
    @dj2becker

Darwin’s Black Box
    The Case for a Creator
    What were your thoughts on them?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 15:28
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

Let's run with this. If intelligence is required to create intelligence - who created the intelligence?
    It takes intelligence to put together the information that guides the process of life, there are no other possible sources for this type of placement of the various parts. We can find the random placement of the same material; however, there will be no direction to do the work within living systems.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 15:46
    @KellyJay

That wasn't the question i asked.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 15:47
    @dj2becker

It was probably 10yrs since i read those books. From what i recall they were interesting reads.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 16:201 edit
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

That wasn't the question i asked.
    Irrelevant to the topic! The only thing being established is can a natural unguided process build this, or is something more required? From there we can see if people’s original assumptions were correct about life beginning or not. Going beyond that is another discussion that has nothing to do with the first. Much like evolution and abiogenesis they are related but completely different topics.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 17:031 edit
    @KellyJay

The role of the intelligent designer is an 'irrelevant topic' when discussing 'intelligent design'?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 17:11
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

The role of the intelligent designer is an 'irrelevant topic' when discussing 'intelligent design'?
    No but establishing that is required should come first.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 22:411 edit
    @Proper-Knob

Take it back further if you wish.

Who created creating ?

Do you believe that the cosmic buck has to stop somewhere ?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:38
    @sonship said
    @Proper-Knob

Take it back further if you wish.

Who created creating ?

Do you believe that the cosmic buck has to stop somewhere ?
    Not everyone does believe that the buck (or the explanation) has to stop somewhere. In Buddhism, for example, whether the universe had a beginning or no beginning is undefined. It is a peculiarity of Judeo-Christianity to think that origins have any special significance.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:41
    @KellyJay

Sorry, you've lost me. Your sentence makes no sense.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:42
    @sonship

Don't dodge, who created the intelligence which IDers believe created us?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:541 edit
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

Sorry, you've lost me. Your sentence makes no sense.
    No need to worry about who put the information into life if we can show that it can spring up without someone intelligent doing it. If, however Intelligence is the only way we know it can get there, then the question needs to be asked, who did it? If we worry more about what ID could mean before we look at the evidence and where it is leading us, we have stopped looking at the evidence and instead have only concerned ourselves with the possible ramifications.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 11:021 edit
    @KellyJay

So who did it and how did they come into being?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree