1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 06:54
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Let's chat on Msn or message each other. I solely devoted this forum to the concept of immortality.
    Then why post ambiguous symbols which no one can understand and which mean nothing anyway? It's bound to draw questions.
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 07:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Then why post ambiguous symbols which no one can understand and which mean nothing anyway? It's bound to draw questions.
    It means confusing BS.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 07:48
    It means confusing BS.
    Ah. Then let me explain.

The universe will probably eventually "die". Either entropy will increase to maximum with no potential energy available, or the universe will collapse back into a singularity. Maybe something else will happen; astronomy is not my field. However if one of those two events were to happen, they would probably kill any organism still alive at that time. Thus true immortality would need to be able to live beyond these events.
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 07:52
    Ah. Then let me explain.

The universe will probably eventually "die". Either entropy will increase to maximum with no potential energy available, or the universe will collapse back into a singularity. Maybe something else will happen; astronomy is not my field. However if one of those two events were to happen, they would probably kill any organism ...[text shortened]... l alive at that time. Thus true immortality would need to be able to live beyond these events.
    B😕
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 07:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 07:58
    B😕
    Why do you keep calling my posts bullsheet? Your ignorance is not a reason to insult me.
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 08:05
    Why do you keep calling my posts bullsheet? Your ignorance is not a reason to insult me.
    I can be ignorant but I am willing to learn. 😉
  8. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:18
    Actually, the Universe is still expanding, but both of your scenarios will happen. After the Universe stops expanding, gravitational forces will pull the universe into a singularity.
    The planet earth will long be destroyed before this happens due to the extermination of the sun, which through gravitational forces will make it expand and swallow up the inner planets before it collapses and becomes a neutron star or a black hole.
    This will happen in approx 50 milion years from now.
  9. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:24
    Originally posted by Chessplaya548
    Actually, the Universe is still expanding, but both of your scenarios will happen. After the Universe stops expanding, gravitational forces will pull the universe into a singularity.
    The planet earth will long be destroyed before this happens due to the extermination of the sun, which through gravitational forces will make it expand and swallow up t ...[text shortened]... becomes a neutron star or a black hole.
    This will happen in approx 50 milion years from now.
    For the same reason, observers outside the event horizon cannot see any events which may be happening within the event horizon; thus any energy being radiated or events happening within the region are forever unable to be seen or detected from outside. Within the black hole is a singularity, an anomalous place where matter is compressed to the degree that the known laws of physics no longer apply to it.
  10. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:42
    For the same reason, observers outside the event horizon cannot see any events which may be happening within the event horizon; thus any energy being radiated or events happening within the region are forever unable to be seen or detected from outside. Within the black hole is a singularity, an anomalous place where matter is compressed to the degree that the known laws of physics no longer apply to it.
    The scary thing about black holes is that they are not stationary. They can roam , swallowing up anything in its path. Because they cannot be seen, we wouldn't know we were under the influence until it was way too late.
    Once the atmosphere is stripped away, in particular the Van Allen belts, the sun's unfettered radiation would cook this planet, so we wouldn't even have the experience of being stretched out into infinity. Out toasted carcasses would though.
    Not that I wanted to.....
    😳
  11. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:49
    The scary thing about black holes is that they are not stationary. They can roam , swallowing up anything in its path. Because they cannot be seen, we wouldn't know we were under the influence until it was way too late.
    Once the atmosphere is stripped away, in particular the Van Allen belts, the sun's unfettered radiation would cook this planet, so ...[text shortened]... ched out into infinity. Out toasted carcasses would though.
    Not that I wanted to.....
    😳
    In theory, no object within the event horizon of a black hole can ever escape, including light. However, black holes can be inductively detected from observation of phenomena near them, such as gravitational lensing, galactic jets, and stars that appear to be in orbit (typically with short orbital periods of only a few hours or days suggesting a massive partner) around a point in space where there is no visible matter.
  12. Standard memberChessplaya548
    Dark Legend
    Galaxy near You
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:51
    In theory, no object within the event horizon of a black hole can ever escape, including light. However, black holes can be inductively detected from observation of phenomena near them, such as gravitational lensing, galactic jets, and stars that appear to be in orbit (typically with short orbital periods of only a few hours or days suggesting a massive partner) around a point in space where there is no visible matter.
    dark matter is detected the same way.
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 23:54
    dark matter is detected the same way.
    Perhaps more convincing, a technique has been developed over the last 10 years called weak lensing which looks at microscale distortions of galaxies observed in vast galaxy surveys due to foreground objects through statistical analyses. By examining the shear deformation of the adjacent background galaxies, astrophysicists can characterize the mean distribution of dark matter by statistical means and have found mass-to-light ratios that correspond to dark matter densities predicted by other large-scale structure measurements. The correspondence of the two gravitational lens techniques to other dark matter measurements has convinced almost all astrophysicists that dark matter actually exists as a major component of the universe's composition.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 00:37
    Perhaps more convincing, a technique has been developed over the last 10 years called weak lensing which looks at microscale distortions of galaxies observed in vast galaxy surveys due to foreground objects through statistical analyses. By examining the shear deformation of the adjacent background galaxies, astrophysicists can characterize the mean distributio ...[text shortened]... physicists that dark matter actually exists as a major component of the universe's composition.
    Those are not your words.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 03:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Those are not your words.
    Whose are they?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree