1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 01:32
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    106633
    28 Jan '07 01:56
    Well I've got a book on my shelf titled "The Immortal games of Capablanca". So apparently immortality is obtainable.
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 02:03
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Well I've got a book on my shelf titled "The Immortal games of Capablanca". So apparently immortality is obtainable.
    What about for human beings?
  4. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    16790
    28 Jan '07 02:48
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    What about for human beings?
    I've just read something intertesting in a book called "The Spiritual Universe" by Fred Alan Wolf. Appearently some physists have been considering the notion of transfering consciousness into machines, so that when our flesh fails, our consciousness can go on.

    That's the short of it. The longer version involves sending nanocomputers with our consciousnesses in them into outer space, so many and for so long that they eventually are spread throughout the whole universe. Then, assuming the universe will eventually contract and collapse, when the universe finally cames to an end, all of our consciousnesses will be brought together, and through their communication, all of human history will be simulated in a scaled-down version of time so that in the last nanosecond of the universe all of our lives will be recreated, and we wont even be aware this is going on. Kind of like the matrix.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    28 Jan '07 02:49
    do you think it is impossible to really die? IF the bible is true, why do people go to hell and survive? and why did God need to create hell, when he could have just killed lucifer? it must be impossible to die in the afterlife
  6. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 02:54
    Originally posted by hoven5th
    I've just read something intertesting in a book called "The Spiritual Universe" by Fred Alan Wolf. Appearently some physists have been considering the notion of transfering consciousness into machines, so that when our flesh fails, our consciousness can go on.

    That's the short of it. The longer version involves sending nanocomputers with our consciousn ...[text shortened]... ves will be recreated, and we wont even be aware this is going on. Kind of like the matrix.
    BS.
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 02:54
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    do you think it is impossible to really die? IF the bible is true, why do people go to hell and survive? and why did God need to create hell, when he could have just killed lucifer? it must be impossible to die in the afterlife
    BS.
  8. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    16790
    28 Jan '07 02:56
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    do you think it is impossible to really die? IF the bible is true, why do people go to hell and survive? and why did God need to create hell, when he could have just killed lucifer? it must be impossible to die in the afterlife
    If you're asking these questions about the bible, well, don't expect to get anywhere. The bible makes about as much sense a David Lynch movie.
  9. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    16790
    28 Jan '07 02:57
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    BS.
    Yes, I think so too. But I thought it was interesting
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 03:02
    Originally posted by hoven5th
    Yes, I think so too. But I thought it was interesting
    It is interesting, I do not object that.

    In my opnion, most of the books are BS inspired by the sheer boredom of the authors.
  11. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 03:03
    Originally posted by hoven5th
    If you're asking these questions about the bible, well, don't expect to get anywhere. The bible makes about as much sense a David Lynch movie.
    I love Lynch movies.
  12. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    16790
    28 Jan '07 03:06
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    I love Lynch movies.
    So do I. Ever seen Eraserhead?
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    28 Jan '07 03:06
    so are you saying it is possible for your conscience to die? i dont think so
  14. Joined
    29 Nov '06
    Moves
    16790
    28 Jan '07 03:09
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    It is interesting, I do not object that.

    In my opnion, most of the books are BS inspired by the sheer boredom of the authors.
    Wolf is a quantum physicist. I don't think he was bored, I think that he's trying to participate in that age old battle: trying to integrate science and religion.

    Or possibly cash in on the market that exists for that kind of nonsense.
  15. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    1005
    28 Jan '07 03:10
    Originally posted by hoven5th
    I don't think he was bored,
    Everybody is bored, there is nothing to do on earth.
Back to Top