1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:24
    Originally posted by pcaspian
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    [b]
    This post, Darfius, is a non sequitur, except inasmuch as it helps clarify what non sequiturs are.

Man, you're gonna be one lonely grown-up one day. Take that any way you like to 🙂

[/b]
    Lonely, yes. Lonely enough to have an unhealthy obsession with a bald cleric from Kentucky, no.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:25
    Lonely, yes. Lonely enough to have an unhealthy obsession with a bald cleric from Kentucky, no.
    Uh....I'm not sure how to take that.
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Uh....I'm not sure how to take that.
    In a strictly complimentary way, seriously. Actually, it's pretty ironic that you're the object of the Prince's queenishness.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:31
    In a strictly complimentary way, seriously. Actually, it's pretty ironic that you're the object of the Prince's queenishness.
    What's a bald-headed black minister to do?
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:39
    I don't know. But you'd best hope the Prince gets himself some racist tendencies, or change you address, or you'll be representin' up in tha Sodomites' thread with some personal experience, ya dig?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:42
    I don't know. But you'd best hope the Prince gets himself some racist tendencies, or change you address, or you'll be representin' up in tha Sodomites' thread with some personal experience, ya dig?
    I'm still tryin to find out from DoctorScribbles if it hurts. He is strangley avoidant.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:432 edits
    Yo, wit Brotha Kirksey bein' a Reverend and all, I believe tha good Lord has an interest in protectin' his assets, know what I'm sayin'?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Yo, wit Brotha Kirksey bein' a Reverend and all, I believe tha good Lord has an interest in protectin' his assests, know what I'm sayin'?
    Well, you know when you end up on the cover of Time magazine and you're hailed as the next Billy Graham, the only way to go is down.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 04:03
    I don't think Hitler deserves eternal damnation. Consider placing some finite measure of badness on Hitler's crimes. This is not so far fetched. We do something very similar when we compare the relative badness of Hitler's offenses to those of the average person. We assign them all some measure (perhaps not formally) of "badness."

Against this measure we apply a measure of punishment. The measure is generally thought of as positively related to the measure of "badness" so that the more "bad" one has been the more "punished" they should be.

I postulate that no one can do infinite "badness." This is because a person's life is finite and so the amount of "badness" that can feasibly be done is bounded from above. If the person had lived a day longer, they could have done more bad deeds and so the amount that they actually did is bounded from above and thus not infinite.

Now if we consider the ratio of "badness" to "punishment," we find that in the limit as "punishment" goes to infinity (eternal damnation) the relation of "badness" to "punishment" goes to zero. This is the case with the "badness" of every human because every human's "badness" is finite. So from the eternal perspective, the difference in "badness" between Hitler and any other person is basically zero when one compares this to the length of punishment.

Summary, no human can commit enough "badness" to deserve eternal punishment.

10. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 16:11
    Originally posted by telerion
    Summary, no human can commit enough "badness" to deserve eternal punishment.

I agree, although innumerable kalpas (immense stretches of time) in a hell realm may make it seem like an eternity.
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 16:34
    Are you all aware of what Hell is?

Hell is a place that is eternal and complete seperation from God. It is highly doubtful that it is literal fire...but that was the best imagery to describe the torture. The torture is being away from God who is all goodness and joy.

The point is...if you deny God all of your life, wouldn't you want Him to respect your wish after you die and seperate you from Him? What will change after you die?
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 22:18
    Originally posted by Darfius

Hell is a place that is eternal and complete seperation from God. It is highly doubtful that it is literal fire...but that was the best imagery to describe the torture. The torture is being away from God who is all goodness and joy.

The point is...if you deny God all of your life, wouldn't you want Him to respect your wish after you die and seperate you from Him? What will change after you die?
    I experience goodness and joy now without any help from god. If I died, found out there was a god, and that hell was a complete and eternal separation from him, what would have changed?
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 22:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I experience goodness and joy now without any help from god. If I died, found out there was a god, and that hell was a complete and eternal separation from him, what would have changed?
    You are wrong, dear rwing. God IS in the world, in the form of the Holy Spirit in those who believe in Him. And that same Holy Spirit whispers to your heart everyday, waiting for you to listen.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 22:49
    Originally posted by Darfius

Het is highly doubtful that it is literal fire...but that was the best imagery to describe the torture.ll is a place that is eternal and complete seperation from God. I The torture is being away from God who is all goodness and joy.

Let's look at Darfius' post.

Yes, I have a gist from what the Bible says, but the apart from God stuff with no flames is just a nice preacher's story.
    I don't see why flames are "highly doubtful." There is no reason behind this speculation. It's just parroting.

Of course we can rule out the "seperation from god" idea because it conflicts with omnipresence. If God is not there, then God exists in a space that his larger than He is. Where did this space come from?

A great piece of crap from Strobel's book, A Case for Faith. I believe it was either Kreeft or William Lane Craig who said this. What nonsense. The obvious answer is "No." Of course, if I die and find out that Darfius' sadistic god is real, I will want to avoid this Hell. If heaven is all its cracked up to be, it must be at least a little better than Hell. I don't reject this god because I hate it. I reject it because it isn't real. If this god is real maybe I can learn to like him. Sheesh.

If anyone is interested there are a whole lot more silly delusional thinking and straw man tipping in the book. Just don't make the mistake I did and purchase it with your own money.
  15. Graceland.
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 23:11
    Except your a white and only claim to be a minister 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree