Can Science see God or acknowledge the possibility of God?

Can Science see God or acknowledge the possibility of God?

Spirituality

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Presenting reasons for one's beliefs in a place of competing ideas it is a common
practice to use all of the best arguments. Belittling ideas without even reading
them is a sign of weakness, why do you feel the need to do that? Putting words
into other's mouths they didn't say so you can argue against them is also a sign of
weakness whey do you bring up the young earth since I never use that as a
debating point?
Presumably, at some point, you will take your beliefs to the Science Forum and argue their corner with people who want to debate them in detail with you. I will follow it with interest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
If you really don't know what "pseudoscience" is [as opposed to "science"], then I suggest you debate all this with a religious person who already agrees with you.
You use the word applying it to the things I have brought up, so make your case.
If you cannot, you cannot, if you are unwilling which is what I believe you are, it
will be clear.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Presumably, at some point, you will take your beliefs to the Science Forum and argue their corner with people who want to debate them in detail with you. I will follow it with interest.
At some point you may look at what you asked for instead of hiding from them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
So you take my point?
No, I'm laughing again.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
🙂 You asked for these they didn't.
You refuse to look at them, you need back up to maintain your beliefs?
You cannot think for yourself?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You cannot think for yourself?
The way that I am talking to you is evidence that I can think for myself.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You refuse to look at them, you need back up to maintain your beliefs?
You are assuming that I have never looked at pseudoscientific ideas before. Being willing to watch you debate them with people who want to debate them with you on the Science Forum has nothing to do with "back up". Instead, it is an indication of the extent of my interest.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
No, I'm laughing again.
I was being serious. Just saying you are "laughing" and not addressing what I said is just foetus-position.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
The way that I am talking to you is evidence that I can think for myself.
LOL, that is right, you claim what I have presented is pseudoscience, something you
didn't even bother looking at, that is an iron clad argument you presented there
thinking for yourself.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I was being serious. Just saying you are "laughing" and not addressing what I said is just foetus-position.
🙂 Irony isn't that the word you use now and then?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Irony isn't that the word you use now and then?
I would say the word is doding. Here is what I said again: I don't have "prejudice against Chrsitianity". I don't have "prejudice against Hinduism". I don't have "prejudice against Islam". Etcerera. "Prejudice" is such a strange word for you to use. I simply lack belief. I am a non-believer. If I found Christianity credible, I would be a Christian. If I found Judaism credible, I would be Jew. It's not about "prejudice".

Why do you think the word "prejudice" is correct if it is used as a synonym for "lack of belief"?

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
LOL, that is right, you claim what I have presented is pseudoscience, something you
didn't even bother looking at, that is an iron clad argument you presented there
thinking for yourself.
We shall see what the Science Forum people say. They may declare your pseudoscience to be science. Meanwhile, I am just interested in why you feel your 'version of science' ~ which, unlike science, pertains to supernatural phenomena ~ is needed to back up your "faith".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
I would say the word is doding. Here is what I said again: I don't have "prejudice against Chrsitianity". I don't have "prejudice against Hinduism". I don't have "prejudice against Islam". Etcerera. "Prejudice" is such a strange word for you to use. I simply lack belief. I am a non-believer. If I found Christianity credible, I would be a Christian. If I found Judaism credible, I ...[text shortened]...

Why do you think the word "prejudice" is correct if it is used as a synonym for "lack of belief"?
I don't care what you call yourself or why. You asked for information and refused
to look at it then passed judgment on it while claiming nothing new there.

F

Moves
15 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I don't care what you call yourself or why. You asked for information and refused
to look at it then passed judgment on it while claiming nothing new there.
Yes, I get that you want people to engage some speaker on a YouTube clip you've linked to. I get that. Maybe others will have an appetite for that. Meanwhile, why do you think the word "prejudice" is correctly used as a synonym for "lack of belief"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jan 19

@fmf said
Yes, I get that you want people to engage some speaker on a YouTube clip you've linked to. I get that. Maybe others will have an appetite for that. Meanwhile, why do you think the word "prejudice" is correctly used as a synonym for "lack of belief"?
Nothing new here moving on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.