1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:20
    @kellyjay said
    Nothing new here moving on.
    You haven't offered a definition of "prejudice" that makes sense in the context you used it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:24
    @kellyjay said
    At some point you may look at what you asked for instead of hiding from them.
    I am familiar with the pseudoscience propagated by evangelical Christians. I am not hiding from it. Others may want to rake through the perennial positions taken by pseudoscience and real science; not me. You can go through all that with people who have a whole forum for it if you want. I was simply curious as to why your "faith" needs to bend science and put it in a box intended, by you, for supernatural explanations.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:25
    @fmf said
    You haven't offered a definition of "prejudice" that makes sense in the context you used it.
    I don't have to even read what you write and pass judgment according to your
    rules of discussion, for that matter I can even ask your opinion and ignore you and
    pass judgment according to how you do things. You are acting as if a conversation
    should be both people actually paying attention to what they other says, that
    sounds good, but I have not seen that in practice from you yet. Maybe you should
    go to another board and tell them what you think "prejudice" means and I will
    look at what they say about your thoughts!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:27
    @fmf said
    I am familiar with the pseudoscience propagated by evangelical Christians. I am not hiding from it. Others may want to rake through the perennial positions taken by pseudoscience and real science; not me. You can go through all that with people who have a whole forum for it if you want. I was simply curious as to why your "faith" needs to bend science and put it in a box intended, by you, for supernatural explanations.
    You realize don't you that everyone who is a Christian isn't a clone, there isn't a
    group think mentality. Your bias is showing.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:27
    @kellyjay said
    At some point you may look at what you asked for instead of hiding from them.
    More to the point, why are you hiding Stephen C, Meyer here and not offering him and his ideas to people who enjoy debating such things on the Science Forum?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:28
    @fmf said
    More to the point, why are you hiding Stephen C, Meyer here and not offering him and his ideas to people who enjoy debating such things on the Science Forum?
    You asked for reason, his argument was well expressed. You have reasons for you
    world view, or you void of reason?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:29
    @kellyjay said
    You realize don't you that everyone who is a Christian isn't a clone, there isn't a
    group think mentality. Your bias is showing.
    Where have I claimed that 'everyone who is a Christian is a clone'?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:301 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You asked for reason, his argument was well expressed. You have reasons for you
    world view, or you void of reason?
    You think not being interested in debating some specific video clip you just so happen to like means I am "void of reason"?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:353 edits
    @fmf said
    Where have I claimed that 'everyone who is a Christian is a clone'?
    "I am familiar with the pseudoscience propagated by evangelical Christians."

Believe it or not even evangelical Christians don't always view things the same way.
    Lumping them all into a group and painting them with this "pseudoscience" does
    everyone including you a disservice. Moreover it isn't Christian views that were
    discussed, it was what can be seen in the real world, and possible explanations
    given for these things, then comparing them to what we know now, not what we
    may know in the future.

These were done for comparison not with scripture but with competing views!
    Which are the best with the truth we currently understand. You would have known
    that had you bothered to watch them.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:40
    @kellyjay said
    Believe it or not even evangelical Christians don't always view things the same way.
    I didn't say they did.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:42
    @kellyjay said
    Lumping them all into a group and painting them with this "pseudoscience" does
    everyone including you a disservice.
    "Intelligent Design", for example, is pseudoscience. It is doing no one a disservice to say so.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 12:43
    @kellyjay said
    Moreover it isn't Christian views that were
    discussed, it was what can be seen in the real world, and possible explanations
    given for these things, then comparing them to what we know now, not what we
    may know in the future.

These were done for comparison not with scripture but with competing views!
    Which are the best with the truth we currently understand. You would have known
    that had you bothered to watch them.
    I look forward to the debate about Stephen C. Meyer's ideas on the Science Forum.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 13:011 edit
    @fmf said
    "Intelligent Design", for example, is pseudoscience. It is doing no one a disservice to say so.
    Actually "intelligent design" is a conclusion, it isn't the science used to get there.

I don't call myself a ID believer, I'm a creationist and I have to acknowledge that.
    Your bias is showing again, do you apply the same standard to those that believe
    in only a natural world? Motivations are the only reason Atheist accept materialism
    is because they are Atheist, not because they are the best explanation for the
    reality we find ourselves in? If we declare motivation not science is why people
    see and accept the things they do, then we are not looking at science we are
    looking at people.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 13:021 edit
    @fmf said
    I look forward to the debate about Stephen C. Meyer's ideas on the Science Forum.
    Well post it over there, nothing is stopping you.

If you do, you think they will talk about him or the processes he used?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 14:18
    @kellyjay said
    Well post it over there, nothing is stopping you.

If you do, you think they will talk about him or the processes he used?
    Why don't you find out for yourself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree