1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 04:442 edits
    Does the Devil ever do good, or does he always choose the most evil course of action?
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 04:54
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Does the Devil ever do good, or does he always choose the most evil course of action?
    Certainly he does good, but only for us atheists, because for us he doesn't exist, and that is nothing but good.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 07:29
    I don't think the devil exists as an entity. The idea of an anti-God doesn't make any sense to me.

Elaine Pagels wrote a book entitled The Origin of Satan back in 1995 that I thought was an interesting look at how Satan as the symbol of evil has come about.

Evil is a complex subject and this question could not possibly be framed on a single sentence much less answered in a few lines.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 09:38
    i think that there is no absolute evil just as there is no absolute good. actions have ampler consequences than just "X suffered so the action is evil" or "Y became happier so the action is good".

also one must answer "what are the devil's goals"? if he simply has no goals and always chooses the most evil of actions then he is kind of stupid, a destructive force that accomplishes nothing, and that might even mean he isn't even sentient.
    if he does have some goals, then at one point in time he is bound to do something good depending on circumstances
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:11
    The latter.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:42
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    The latter.
    how can a sentient being always choose the most evil of actions even when it might potentially hurt his interests?
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:51
    He will do good wherever he can if he thinks he can deceive people. He is supposed to be an Angel of Light remember (also a wolf in sheeps clothing)
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 14:45
    The latter.
    I see. Does that mean he is necessarily gay?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 14:51
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I don't think the devil exists as an entity. The idea of an anti-God doesn't make any sense to me.

Elaine Pagels wrote a book entitled The Origin of Satan back in 1995 that I thought was an interesting look at how Satan as the symbol of evil has come about.

Evil is a complex subject and this question could not possibly be framed on a single sentence much less answered in a few lines.
    Many Christian sects are at variance about whether there is a physical being called Satan or its just sin that being personified. The Bible does clearly refer to 'fallen angels'. In the Book of Enoch, greater detail is given on who/what fallen angels represent.
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 16:12
    The devil never does good and he does not do the most evil.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 17:34
    Bravo.

*Golf clap*
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:09
    I don't see the correlation between evil and gaydom.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:17
    I don't see the correlation between evil and gaydom.
    Is it a sin to participate in gaydom?
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:18
    Is it a sin to participate in gaydom?
    Yes.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:262 edits
    Yes.
    And if the devil is maximally evil, must he not then be gay? In fact, must he not be the veritable Lord of Gaydom?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree