1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:32
    Originally posted by JS357
    I wrote a more detailed reply but lost it. Here's the bottom line.

I think teaching children the heaven/hell story as true, is emotional abuse.
    I think teaching children the heaven/hell story as true, is emotional abuse.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think that under any circumstances, however how well timed or wisely taught, speaking to children about eternal destinies is abuse ?

The generalization is too extensive for me if you do.

The problem I have with is that you subtract the existence of the Holy Spirit to that hearing child. You think only of the facts with no regard for the Holy Spirit applying His shepherding and care for that young mind.

Well timed speaking to a young person of the ultimate Divine Governor and the last judgment is far from child abuse. The godly parent should seek guidance and wisdom in all aspects of teaching the child about the truths of the Scripture.

Teaching of eternal destinies along with teaching of the safety, security, and peace of Christ's redemption for sinners is crucial.

You think you do a child favors by not telling them of the last judgment and God's love and salvation manifested in Jesus Christ ? I think the proper balance and proper timing with God's guidance is what is needed in raising a child. And most important - being an example.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    So you think that under any circumstances, however how well timed or wisely taught, speaking to children about eternal destinies is abuse ?
    Do you think children might end up being tortured for eternity if you don't tell them ~ while they are still children ~ that you personally believe in eternal torture?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think children might end up being tortured for eternity if you don't tell them ~ while they are still children ~ that you personally believe in eternal torture?
    What gave you the impression that Sonship might think that children are damned because he hasn't told them that he believes in damnation? Sonship's position clearly seems to be that people are damned because of unforgiven sins which separate them from God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree