1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:03
    Ok 🙂 Do you believe the resurrection has begun? This was one of the reason Paul wrote the letter to the Thessalonians because false teachers were saying that the resurrection had already begun. Paul said what must happen first.

Manny
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:08
    Originally posted by menace71
    Ok 🙂 Do you believe the resurrection has begun? This was one of the reason Paul wrote the letter to the Thessalonians because false teachers were saying that the resurrection had already begun. Paul said what must happen first.

Manny
    as i said before, to which resurrection are you referring, for you will note these references

(Philippians 3:10-11) . . .so as to know him and the power of his resurrection and a sharing in his sufferings, submitting myself to a death like his, to see if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead.

(Revelation 20:5-6) . . .This is the first resurrection. Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.

what are we to make of these references?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:17
    Ok I see. Would you agree that neither of these resurrections has occurred as of yet? At the end of the 1000 years the rest of the dead will be resurrected. The 1000 year reign of Christ has not begun yet. The Earth is not the paradise that it will be.

Manny
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    Ok I see. Would you agree that neither of these resurrections has occurred as of yet? At the end of the 1000 years the rest of the dead will be resurrected. The 1000 year reign of Christ has not begun yet. The Earth is not the paradise that it will be.

Manny
    yep the thousand year reign of Christ has not begun, the earth is not a paradise, however consider this verse

(Revelation 20:4-5) . . .And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

are we speaking about a resurrection before the thousand year reign of Christ and one afterwards? it would seem so from this verse.

it is late in Glasgow Manny, my mind is really tired, i had to get up early on a Sunday morning and do stuff, so if you please, i will need to sleep before i start to melt, we can discuss some tomorrow

kind regards Robbie.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 23:44
    No worries Robbie get some sleep. Would love to visit someday. Glasgow & Edinburgh too.
    By the way I mean no personal attack on you when I ask all of these questions. I'm honestly trying to understand the bible.

In peace
    Manny
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    03 Aug '09 19:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Whats the point of having your own room when anyone can just come through the walls?
    Are you saying your version of heaven is non-physical? Then what grows in the gardens? You mean musical instruments right? Again are they non-physical?
    Because no DESIRES to come through the walls, no, trees, flowers. Yes, no,
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Because no DESIRES to come through the walls, no, trees, flowers. Yes, no,
    Look maybe Lord Shark can make out your answers but I cant.
    Maybe you could give one answer for each question mark. Just list them 1,2,3,etc. Ok?🙂
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 02:03
    Whats the point of having your own room when anyone can just come through the walls?
    Are you saying your version of heaven is non-physical? Then what grows in the gardens? You mean musical instruments right? Again are they non-physical?
    "Whats the point of having your own room when anyone can just come through the walls?"

Because no DESIRES to come through the walls.

"Are you saying your version of heaven is non-physical?"

No.

"Then what grows in the gardens?"

Trees, Flowers.

"You mean musical instruments right?"

Yes.

"Again are they non-physical?"

No.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 03:26
    "Whats the point of having your own room when anyone can just come through the walls?"

Because no DESIRES to come through the walls.

"Are you saying your version of heaven is non-physical?"

No.

"Then what grows in the gardens?"

Trees, Flowers.

"You mean musical instruments right?"

Yes.

"Again are they non-physical?"

No.
    So people can come through the walls but not desires?

So your version of heaven is physical? Thats a new one.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 20:10
    So people can come through the walls but not desires?

So your version of heaven is physical? Thats a new one.
    People can go through walls, but they don't DESIRE to come through somebody else's walls,

Not really, how could our physical bodies go there if it wasn't physical?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 20:44
    People can go through walls, but they don't DESIRE to come through somebody else's walls,

Not really, how could our physical bodies go there if it wasn't physical?
    1 Cor 15:50.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 22:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    1 Cor 15:50.
    "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot possess the Kingdom of God; neither shall corruption possess incorruption". Meaning of course that corrupted people cannot enter Heaven or by "flesh and blood", meaning without God.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 00:541 edit
    "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot possess the Kingdom of God; neither shall corruption possess incorruption". Meaning of course that corrupted people cannot enter Heaven or by "flesh and blood", meaning without God.
    It means flesh and blood cannot go to heaven. Daniel you cannot twist the scriptures to mean something else. It means what it means. No mystery with this. You not making and sence...
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 01:23
    It means flesh and blood cannot go to heaven. Daniel you cannot twist the scriptures to mean something else. It means what it means. No mystery with this. You not making and sence...
    What about Christ's ascension?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 01:33
    Twisting the scripture is exactly is what you are going to do next.

You say its clear ... flesh and blood cannot go to heaven.
    Its also clear that Christ said that he is flesh and blood and NOT spirit.
    So Christ could not go to heaven according to that passage.
    But he did.

And your answer is that Christ must have changed to spirit form. But the Bible did not say that. You have to add to the Bible otherwise your doctrine makes no sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree