1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    31 Jul '09 16:40
    I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in the Garden of Eden. The whole Christian thing just never hit home with me, and that is why I never became a Christian. Then I hear God say "sorry buddy but you are going to Hell for an eternity for not becoming a Christian". Then I cry my eye's out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    31 Jul '09 16:58
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in t ...[text shortened]... out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
    Heh - it's been done to death. At the last church I attended before Atheist days, I saw a play to that effect. A bunch of different people meet their death. And who will come for them? Will it be the happy angels, or the cackling demons? Oh, the suspense.

    If your church doesn't run the plays, I'm sure they've got some movies, Jack Chick tracts, etc. on the same theme. [Chick tracts highly recommended for entertainment value.]
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    1538
    31 Jul '09 20:16
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in t ...[text shortened]... out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
    Well your sins will be visible before you and you can't say anything (I'm talking about everyone though) and if you don't want to go to hell then become a Christian.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18217
    31 Jul '09 20:32
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Well your sins will be visible before you and you can't say anything (I'm talking about everyone though) and if you don't want to go to hell then become a Christian.
    Does it work if you lie?
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    31 Jul '09 20:37
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Well your sins will be visible before you and you can't say anything (I'm talking about everyone though) and if you don't want to go to hell then become a Christian.
    "If you don't want to spend eternity in torment become a Christian" !
    That would make a great bumber sticker if it was not so long. How about "Turn or Burn".
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    31 Jul '09 20:39
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Does it work if you lie?
    I'm thinking claiming that I have a learning disability, and that's why I can't understand Christianity. Retarded people don't go to Hell do they ?
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    1538
    31 Jul '09 20:45
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Does it work if you lie?
    Did you read my last post, I said you can't say anything.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    31 Jul '09 20:55
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Did you read my last post, I said you can't say anything.
    Obviously you can't lie. God knows all, and to lie would do you no good. Just tell the truth, and I'm sure with God's sense of great compassion He would understand how some of us heathens ended up. I can't seem to hold a grudge against anybody for long, and I'm sure God would not have hard feelings about something as small as not being a Christian. I understand it, and I'm sure He does too. I sure hope God is an understanding God, and not some God with an anger control problem.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    1538
    31 Jul '09 21:07
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm thinking claiming that I have a learning disability, and that's why I can't understand Christianity. Retarded people don't go to Hell do they ?
    It's always possible to ask at least for the help to understand Christianity, even if you don't understand it, you can still become one, that's what Faith is for, there are some things I don't understand about it, and never will be able to but I Believe it because God said it's true.
  10. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18217
    31 Jul '09 21:31
    Originally posted by buckky
    Obviously you can't lie. God knows all, and to lie would do you no good. Just tell the truth, and I'm sure with God's sense of great compassion He would understand how some of us heathens ended up. I can't seem to hold a grudge against anybody for long, and I'm sure God would not have hard feelings about something as small as not being a Christian. I understa ...[text shortened]... . I sure hope God is an understanding God, and not some God with an anger control problem.
    So it really doesn't matter what you believe or profess as long as you are honest?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    31 Jul '09 23:56
    Why do non-christians ask better questions about christianity than christians?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Aug '09 00:08
    Originally posted by buckky
    I'm trying to imagine dropping dead, and ending up sitting before God waiting on Judgement. God would ask me why I refused to become a Christian, and I would tell him that it never seemed rational to me. It seemed incomprehensible because of numerous reasons among those the Attonement concept of a Blood sacrifice to appease an angry God after the outrage in t ...[text shortened]... out, and jump into the Lake of Fire. This would make an intereting movie don't you think ?
    Christ came to save mankind, not to send them to hell.

    As for his judgements, I believe they will be just. Now where you fit in the mix ONLY God knows.
  13. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    01 Aug '09 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Heh - it's been done to death. At the last church I attended before Atheist days, I saw a play to that effect. A bunch of different people meet their death. And who will come for them? Will it be the happy angels, or the cackling demons? Oh, the suspense.

    If your church doesn't run the plays, I'm sure they've got some movies, Jack Chick tracts, etc. on the same theme. [Chick tracts highly recommended for entertainment value.]
    [Chick tracts highly recommended for entertainment value.]

    Odious man. If there were a hell, he would be a deserving candidate for it.
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18217
    01 Aug '09 01:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ came to save mankind, not to send them to hell.

    As for his judgements, I believe they will be just. Now where you fit in the mix ONLY God knows.
    Is the same true for you - regardless of your affirmation of faith, could god send you to the fiery pit?
  15. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18217
    01 Aug '09 01:12
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b][Chick tracts highly recommended for entertainment value.]

    Odious man. If there were a hell, he would be a deserving candidate for it.[/b]
    Why? Because he thinks the same about you? He claims however to believe about the same things as you (from my perspective) so if his beliefs warrant hell then why shouldn't yours?
Back to Top