1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 16:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't think so, it was very straight forward, what you think the
    answer means maybe complicated, but the question itself not so much.
    Kelly
    The life preserver is the Christian way out of Hell. I've said this before, but if some thug came up to me with a gun, and said get down on your knees, and praise me or I'll blow your head off, I might do it out of fear. He's throwing me a life preserver in the form of not blowing my head off if I only praise him. The Christian idea seems to be the same kind of thing. You have the cocked gun of Hell at your head, and the way out of the delima is to become Christian. You must believe a certain way or perish in the Pit. On any level does this sound a little bit wrong to you ?
  2. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 16:42
    Originally posted by buckky
    The life preserver is the Christian way out of Hell. I've said this before, but if some thug came up to me with a gun, and said get down on your knees, and praise me or I'll blow your head off, I might do it out of fear. He's throwing me a life preserver in the form of not blowing my head off if I only praise him. The Christian idea seems to be the same kind ...[text shortened]... a certain way or perish in the Pit. On any level does this sound a little bit wrong to you ?
    And, as I keep pointing out, completely disingenuous. Imagine that you had to fervently believe in the actual physical existence of Santa Claus to avoid the trigger being pulled. Would the people who claim to be christian be able to accomplish that feat? (Presuming, of course, that the guy with the gun will know whether you are being dishonest.) Amplify the terror by the further condition that you will never know for sure when (or even if) the gun toting maniac might steal up behind you and cock his pistol.

This whole argument show a basic lack of respect for other people - an inability to feel any compassion for someone else - walking around in diver's boots unable to put yourself in the sandals of the beachcomber. There must be a special place in hell for people who believe that their fellow humans are so deserving of mistreatment and that god is such a sociopathic lunatic.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 18:04
    http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp
    "When Helen takes the wafer god during holy communion, she must believe she is eating the Creator of the universe."

"Note: If "God" should drop by accident, the communion Paten will catch "Him"."

LOL
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 19:58
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    And, as I keep pointing out, completely disingenuous. Imagine that you had to fervently believe in the actual physical existence of Santa Claus to avoid the trigger being pulled. Would the people who claim to be christian be able to accomplish that feat? (Presuming, of course, that the guy with the gun will know whether you are being dishonest.) Amplify ...[text shortened]... heir fellow humans are so deserving of mistreatment and that god is such a sociopathic lunatic.
    I don't believe in mis-treating anybody but i do want people to not mistreat, make fun of, hurt, injure, etc. etc. me to be my friend it's the same way with GOD.
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 20:06
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I don't believe in mis-treating anybody but i do want people to not mistreat, make fun of, hurt, injure, etc. etc. me to be my friend it's the same way with GOD.
    So you speak for god?
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 20:09
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    So you speak for god?
    No, I'm talking about friendships how would you feel if someone did that to you?
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 20:29
    Well your sins will be visible before you and you can't say anything (I'm talking about everyone though) and if you don't want to go to hell then become a Christian.
    IF - and only if - there actually is a hell. That's a helluva presumption, whether it exists or not.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 20:41
    Originally posted by Badwater
    IF - and only if - there actually is a hell. That's a helluva presumption, whether it exists or not.
    It's not a presumption it's a fact, here's a quote for you; "For those who BELIEVE no explanation is necessary, for those who don't no explanation will suffice".
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:00
    It's not a presumption it's a fact, here's a quote for you; "For those who BELIEVE no explanation is necessary, for those who don't no explanation will suffice".
    Who said that?
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Who said that?
    I copied off a old saying.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:19
    The life preserver is the Christian way out of Hell. I've said this before, but if some thug came up to me with a gun, and said get down on your knees, and praise me or I'll blow your head off, I might do it out of fear. He's throwing me a life preserver in the form of not blowing my head off if I only praise him. The Christian idea seems to be the same kind ...[text shortened]... a certain way or perish in the Pit. On any level does this sound a little bit wrong to you ?
    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! Man, are you that scared of a little
    give and take!?
    Kelly
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:19
    JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! Man, are you that scared of a little
    give and take!?
    Kelly
    God's not.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:22
    God's not.
    A simple question, and he dances around as if he is scared I'm going
    to be able to twist his words into something he does not mean. Gheesh
    he seems more wrapped up in reading my mind in what I'm going to
    say so that he is not able read the post right in front of him.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:24
    In the question the life preserver is a life preserver, when you are
    done attempting to read minds and want to move on to some
    give and take on points, let me know.
    Kelly
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 21:35
    In the question the life preserver is a life preserver, when you are
    done attempting to read minds and want to move on to some
    give and take on points, let me know.
    Kelly
    I had no idea you were talking about a literal life preserver. You mean like the one's you see on ship's ? Now I'm really confused. I thought we were talking about saving your soul not the body.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree