1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:14
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Yes....I must do this, present the wonderful things of Vedanta, but not before persons become honest, because it is impossible to discuss if persons reject common sense....do you see that.

I am presenting basics first, and so many persons are having trouble with the basics....why?

Because they have a dishonest element in their responses, and this jams up the flow.

And I cant proceed forward if the discussion is jammed up with silliness.
    Again - you go down this path - there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR YOU TO USE THIS SORT OF LANGUAGE! GET IT!!!!!!!

for a small millisecond, think about what your language does. Someone who might actually listen to your " truth" reads your insulting derogatory langauge and thinks - this guy wants me to listen to him? WTF! why when his very behaviour contradicts what he purports to believe in.

You do Vedanta a diservice on this fora. For all l have read your behaviour and forum demenaour go again the basic tenets of vedanta.

Choose another role or get some serious lessons as preaching is something you are very very very poor at.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:31
    Originally posted by nook7
    Again - you go down this path - there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR YOU TO USE THIS SORT OF LANGUAGE! GET IT!!!!!!!

for a small millisecond, think about what your language does. Someone who might actually listen to your " truth" reads your insulting derogatory langauge and thinks - this guy wants me to listen to him? WTF! why when his very behaviour contradicts ...[text shortened]... her role or get some serious lessons as preaching is something you are very very very poor at.
    He is just a bad ambassadeur for his religion. It's very easy to get the thought that: If this is Vedanta, then I'm not interested.

To constantly insult others is a very effective methods to have them close their ears.
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He is just a bad ambassadeur for his religion. It's very easy to get the thought that: If this is Vedanta, then I'm not interested.

To constantly insult others is a very effective methods to have them close their ears.
    Indeed - my sentiments exactly.

It is a shame as there really is some interesting messages in the Vedas about life.

Truer words were never spoken.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 12:18
    Originally posted by nook7

for a small millisecond, think about what your language does. Someone who might actually listen to your " truth" reads your insulting derogatory langauge and thinks - this guy wants me to listen to him? WTF! why when his very behaviour contradicts ...[text shortened]... her role or get some serious lessons as preaching is something you are very very very poor at.
    I am only interested in presenting truth, and exposing false teachings of cheating science and cheating religion.

The false teachings of the world are responsible for all the wars, crime, corruption, injustice, greed, poverty and ignorance and I stand against it.

My language is perfectly placed to deal with all the absurd comments from persons who speak dishonestly.

How should I speak to persons who say there is no intelligence behind the cosmos and it just popped into existence by a random explosion.

Or how should I speak to persons who say that animal cruelty is fine with their God.

These persons are dishonest to make such absurd comments and I will not respect that falsity.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 12:261 edit
    I am only interested in presenting truth, and exposing false teachings of cheating science and cheating religion.

The false teachings of the world are responsible for all the wars, crime, corruption, injustice, greed, poverty and ignorance and I stand against it.

My language is perfectly placed to deal with all the absurd comments from persons who s ...[text shortened]...

These persons are dishonest to make such absurd comments and I will not respect that falsity.
    Your a knobhead, that's the only thing you've 'exposed' on these forums.

You have no grace, no humility, no common sense, you're a poor ambassador for your religion.

In short you're a bigot.

Other than that, you're alright.

Edit - and instead of reading your tosh, let's put on a bit of Terry Callier.

YouTube&feature=related
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 12:40
    You are misusing the word "dishonest", vishvahetu.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 19:11
    Vedanta teachings have been with mankind for millions of years and they firstly were passed on orally from pure master to pure master, and put into the Sanskrit language 5000 years ago.....then they were translated into English recently.

They give detailed knowledge of God and the spiritual life.

To respect their authority, you would have to person ...[text shortened]... w, that you would have no grounds to accept or reject without investigation.........true or not?
    But you rip into the Bible for exaclty these reasons...
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 19:11
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Your a knobhead, that's the only thing you've 'exposed' on these forums.

You have no grace, no humility, no common sense, you're a poor ambassador for your religion.

In short you're a bigot.

Other than that, you're alright.

Edit - and instead of reading your tosh, let's put on a bit of Terry Callier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY2VfzBWKXM&feature=related
    Fancy a beer sometime?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 21:55
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b] because how could you discuss higher mathematics if the person is struggling with their two times table
    If we carry on this analogy though, your solution to this would be you get them working in base one arithmetic. Same analogy applies to fundies of different religions btw[/b]
    I think that one went over his head.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 23:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think that one went over his head.
    Vedanta is not a different religion....but the only religion, and all others are substitute teaching much error.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 07:47
    Vedanta is not a different religion....but the only religion, and all others are substitute teaching much error.
    Fundamentalists of all religions are much the same. "I am right and everyone else is wrong!" Doesn't matter if they are christians, jews, moslems. Or vedanta.

It is when fundamentalists turn terrorists, saying "You are wrong and you will be killed for it!", that fundamentalism scares me.

Some fundamentalists are not afraid of death. They are the perfect individuals to use as a suicide bomber. "Hey, doesn't matter, you will have a better life after this one!"

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong!
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 08:071 edit
    Fundamentalists of all religions are much the same. "I am right and everyone else is wrong!" Doesn't matter if they are christians, jews, moslems. Or vedanta.

It is when fundamentalists turn terrorists, saying "You are wrong and you will be killed for it!", that fundamentalism scares me.

Some fundamentalists are not afraid of death. They are the per , you will have a better life after this one!"

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong!
    I have talked about fundamentalism in another post, and it was explained well enough so there is no misunderstanding about it.

You keep banding together Vedanta with substitute religion, but you cannot do this.

If you do it, it is a self declaration of your ignorance.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 08:12
    I have talked about fundamentalism in another post, and it was explained well enough so there is no misunderstanding about it.

You keep banding together Vedanta with substitute religion, but you cannot do this.

If you do it, it is a self declaration of your ignorance.
    If you want to comment on my posting, why don't you do that?

Vedanta is only one religion harbouring fundamentalists. You, as a fundamentalist, behave as other fundamentalists from other religions. That's why I banding together you with every other fundamentalist. You're not unique in this matter.

You are a fundamentalist. You have no respect for those not embracing your dogmas. You have nothing against to die. Therefore you will be a perfect suicide bomber. You think you will ahave a better life th the one coming.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 08:50
    If you want to comment on my posting, why don't you do that?

Vedanta is only one religion harbouring fundamentalists. You, as a fundamentalist, behave as other fundamentalists from other religions. That's why I banding together you with every other fundamentalist. You're not unique in this matter.

You are a fundamentalist. You have no respect for th ...[text shortened]... u will be a perfect suicide bomber. You think you will ahave a better life th the one coming.
    You have a serious mental problem.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 09:111 edit
    You have a serious mental problem.
    I would say this post is pretty much 'game over'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree