1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 04:19
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I have presented simple evidences, that rely on common sense and honesty, but if common sense and honesty are pushed aside then I cannot proceed to other things.

I have presented evidences without scriptural reference,s, and relied on common sense...and persons reject.

I also supplied scriptural references, and persons do not accept these, because t ...[text shortened]... s not, the authority?

By what methods would they put Vedanta to the test..........their whim?
    I am sorry. I had never read your evidence for reincarnation. Could you succinctly summarise on what grounds you believe that each individual is reincarnated?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 04:39
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I am sorry. I had never read your evidence for reincarnation. Could you succinctly summarise on what grounds you believe that each individual is reincarnated?
    Do you accept the Vedanta teachings as bonafide....if yes good, we can continue

if no....on what grounds would you reject them?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 04:43

Of course not. I do not have any reason yet to accept these teachings.

I don't have any grounds; the burden of proof rests on you.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 05:13
    [b]Do you accept the Vedanta teachings as bonafide....if yes good, we can continue

Of course not. I do not have any reason yet to accept these teachings.

I don't have any grounds; the burden of proof rests on you.[/b]
    Vedanta teachings have been with mankind for millions of years and they firstly were passed on orally from pure master to pure master, and put into the Sanskrit language 5000 years ago.....then they were translated into English recently.

They give detailed knowledge of God and the spiritual life.

To respect their authority, you would have to personally involve yourself in their study.

So we both understand now, that you would have no grounds to accept or reject without investigation.........true or not?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 05:27
    Vedanta teachings have been with mankind for millions of years and they firstly were passed on orally from pure master to pure master, and put into the Sanskrit language 5000 years ago.....then they were translated into English recently.

They give detailed knowledge of God and the spiritual life.

To respect their authority, you would have to person ...[text shortened]... w, that you would have no grounds to accept or reject without investigation.........true or not?
    So we both understand now, that you would have no grounds to accept or reject without investigation.........true or not?

Of course. At the present time, I am simply skeptical, withholding judgment until you furnish me with something of probative value. Appeals to authority here are not satisfactory because, as yet, I have no reason to trust such authority. It would be equally ridiculous if I, trying to convince you of the Catholic faith, simply retorted that the Pope endorsed the Catholic faith. I am open to the possibility of a reappraisal of my beliefs and could possibly accept the teachings of Vedanta -- but you must offer me strong reasons to do so.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 05:49
    [b]So we both understand now, that you would have no grounds to accept or reject without investigation.........true or not?

Of course. At the present time, I am simply skeptical, withholding judgment until you furnish me with something of probative value. Appeals to authority here are not satisfactory because, as yet, I have no reason to trust such a ...[text shortened]... could possibly accept the teachings of Vedanta -- but you must offer me strong reasons to do so.[/b]
    Your answer I feel, was honest and genuine, and I would like to make you an offer.....

I have not presented much of what Vedanta has to offer , simply because there are no persons asking the right questions, and I seem to be getting stuck on basics.

My offer would be that for the next six months, you role play.

The role that you would play is......that of a prospective follower of Vedanta and you would need to ask many questions starting with basics and leading up to the highest tenants of spiritual wisdom.

Everyone in the forum would know of course what we are up to, but it would give me the opportunity to present everything Vedanta has to offer, and as we get further and further into the discussion, you may surprise yourself and actually find yourself understanding the deeper realizations of spiritual knowledge.

It would help immensely, if you were genuinely enquiring for your personal benefit, instead of role playing the entire discussion.

Is this offer something you would consider....just asking?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 06:17
    Why do I keep saying the same thing?
    Because whatever you are trying to get across is not getting across. If teaching is what you are after, then you are a poor teacher.
    Many people have given you good advice on how to improve your teaching methods (eg, less insults) but you ignore them and simply continue posting the same stuff over and over in every thread whether it is relevant or not.
    I am afraid that until you realize the futility of such action, you will keep on saying the same thing.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 06:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Because whatever you are trying to get across is not getting across. If teaching is what you are after, then you are a poor teacher.
    Many people have given you good advice on how to improve your teaching methods (eg, less insults) but you ignore them and simply continue posting the same stuff over and over in every thread whether it is relevant or not.
    ...[text shortened]... raid that until you realize the futility of such action, you will keep on saying the same thing.
    I don't understand why he is so persistant to try to turn us over to his views. Does he get a better soul in his next reincarnation or what?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 06:34
    ...[text shortened]... raid that until you realize the futility of such action, you will keep on saying the same thing.
    Notice that I have said the same thing, but a little different the next time, or I do just repeat the same thing until someone actually hears it.

How can I progress to other information if most are dishonest and will not accept the simplest statement.

I say to the science person that the body is just dead matter, and the soul is the actual living force...that is so simple but they reject on whim, and say that dead matter is living.

And then I say if dead matter is living, then get some dead matter and create an ant.....but they cannot.

So you see it is not me, but it is their dishonest nature., that stops the whole process of learning.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't understand why he is so persistant to try to turn us over to his views. Does he get a better soul in his next reincarnation or what?
    It is not my views.....but the teachings of Vedanta, and the truth for me is the truth for you as well, because we all suffer the same endings.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 06:37
    Yes an example of this was my thread on vegetarianism.
    (I think b4 Vishvas time)

But i was careful not to push my feelings onto anyone. I offered my experience and explicitly told everyone that I did not want to impose my thoughts onto them, that I did not expect tem to follow in my footsteps, and that when dealing with spiritual matters, the only cool way forward is to let other ask you questions , not preach at them.
    This has been the domain of some christians on here in the past but it seems that Vishva is the most blatantly guilty one of this now.(ie. preaching at people)

I will repeat this is not the way forward. Unless someone asks for the preaching, you dont just go around telling people what the truth is and if they dont listen then they will goto hell or be reincarnated as an ant or whatever.

You are talking to the very core of people, all of whom are sensitive deep down. Those defense mechanisms go apes**t if you try to force spiritual messages on them.

And I am a big fan of the vedas...but this is not the issue here.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 07:32
    To Karoly

Yes ......I present the teachings of Vedanta, and its interesting how Vedanta and common sense are closely related.

I have been here in this forum some time now,and I often present (preach) to put some balance into the postings.

The Vedas will always clash with substitute religion because they reveal the errors that the world has accepted.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 08:56
    To Karoly

Yes ......I present the teachings of Vedanta, and its interesting how Vedanta and common sense are closely related.

I have been here in this forum some time now,and I often present (preach) to put some balance into the postings.

The Vedas will always clash with substitute religion because they reveal the errors that the world has accepted.
    Yes, dear internet friend, you have your own way of presenting your truth.
    I am not offended but it seems others are.
    Someimes justified, sometimes not.

The teachings of vedanta are far more profound than the teachings of christianity to me, but you gotta realize the people on here are not idiots.

I'm not going to tell you how to present your truth, but I would suggest that your presentation lacks humour.
    If this is not important to you then so be it.

Carry on, your alternative views are good to keep people on their toes and to remind them that there is something wrong with "false" religons.
    That is common sense, if anyone cares to delve into it with an honest enquiry. Sooner or later , those with a truly open mind will see the truth in your vedanta.
    But I severley doubt anyone on here is going to adhere to your tachings fully.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 09:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, dear internet friend, you have your own way of presenting your truth.
    I am not offended but it seems others are.
    Someimes justified, sometimes not.

The teachings of vedanta are far more profound than the teachings of christianity to me, but you gotta realize the people on here are not idiots.

I'm not going to tell you how to present your tr ...[text shortened]... our vedanta.
    But I severley doubt anyone on here is going to adhere to your tachings fully.
    I am not looking to get converts, that's not my agenda.

I simply have observed that much error is posted up in the forum and feel I must at least challenge that.

Religion must not have any error at all, for it is suppose to present the wisdom of spirituality to direct the people.

Error in religion declares that religion bogus.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 10:46
    Why do I keep saying the same thing?

I have much to present, but I must start with basics and then move on up to more detailed information,.......... because how could you discuss higher mathematics if the person is struggling with their two times table.

I am having heated debates trying to get persons to understand that animal slaughter is wrong... ...[text shortened]... souls, so how do they live?.....they are dishonest.

This is why I will stay with the basics.
    "Why do I keep saying the same thing?"

Because you are one dimensional? Because you have nothing else to say? Because you think if you say it enough you'll convince yourself that what you believe is true?

Because you think you care the most, and that somehow we'll all be moved to follow your lead?

Why don't you just go out there and find and kill something good and meaty to eat. Trust me, you'll feel a whole lot better. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree