Capabilities

Capabilities

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
29 May 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
It is strange to read that an atheist says that God is to be held to human standards! The O.P. implies that God is a person who should prevent bad things from happening to humanity. It implies that God is a superhero as in D.C.Comics,saving the world from all types of calamities and crooks. God has been called all things but never an unpaid security sta ...[text shortened]... enced. Many saints and devotees across continents,cultures and religions have experienced God.
You are all blather! There is no god. There is pain in the world because the world is a hard place.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 May 11

Originally posted by 667joe
You are all blather! There is no god. There is pain in the world because the world is a hard place.
You seem to be very knowledgeable about God.Not many persons can say with such certainty about even ordinary everyday happenings and things let alone God.
But then each one to his own"blather"!
The world is certainly a hard place for who think on these lines. So are you ready to depart to some other multiverse where Dawkins will be holding forth in all splendour for die-hard atheists like you? If there is no God then don't blame him/her/it for your pain.

Maryland

Moves
29 May 11

You seem to be very knowledgeable about God.Not many persons can say with such certainty about even ordinary everyday happenings and things let alone God.
But then each one to his own"blather"!
The world is certainly a hard place for who think on these lines. So are you ready to depart to some other multiverse where Dawkins will be holding forth in all ...[text shortened]... for die-hard atheists like you? If there is no God then don't blame him/her/it for your pain.
As a militant atheist, I cannot blame god for my pain, because there is no god. Why do theists always thank god when things go well, but never blame him when things go poorly. God is clearly in a no lose situation! He always gets the credit and never the blame!

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 May 11

As a militant atheist, I cannot blame god for my pain, because there is no god. Why do theists always thank god when things go well, but never blame him when things go poorly. God is clearly in a no lose situation! He always gets the credit and never the blame!
Are you jealous of God,then? Let the theists go their own way ! Don't bother why they don't condemn God for the ills of the world.Call all theists crooks and forget about it and go back to digging your neck into sand!

Maryland

Moves
29 May 11

Are you jealous of God,then? Let the theists go their own way ! Don't bother why they don't condemn God for the ills of the world.Call all theists crooks and forget about it and go back to digging your neck into sand!
How could I be jealous of something that does not exist? I am just amazed at the lack of rationality of theists.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 May 11

Sounds like you are a sadist! I would never hope an axe falls on you even though you don't sound like a kind person.
Sounds like you think God is a sadist, even though you don't believe He exists.

I assure you that I am a very kind person. But I'm not nicer than Jesus.

I read in another post in this thread that you consider yourself a "militant atheist". Does that mean that you are unkind to those who believe in a creator? Does that mean that you actively search out and seek to destroy all theistic thought?

I wager I am a more virulent "militant" Christian than you are a "militant" atheist!

Now lets define what militant means in both cases. You go first.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
30 May 11

I think we can all agree, if something bad is happening which a person could prevent (especially if there is no danger to said person), that person would not be held in the highest regard if he did nothing to help. Would my theist friends explain why god is not held to this standard. Clearly, by traditional definitions of god, he could prevent bad things from happening.
When my kids were little they thought it was the greatest tragedy and injustice that I would not let them have cookies just before bed, or worse if I made them do their chores. Once my daughter exclaimed that I didn't love her because I wouldn't do her math homework and I made her do it herself.

Matter sorted. Your philosophical perspecetive is like that of a pouting 7 year old. Grow up.

Maryland

Moves
30 May 11

Originally posted by Doward
When my kids were little they thought it was the greatest tragedy and injustice that I would not let them have cookies just before bed, or worse if I made them do their chores. Once my daughter exclaimed that I didn't love her because I wouldn't do her math homework and I made her do it herself.

Matter sorted. Your philosophical perspecetive is like that of a pouting 7 year old. Grow up.
You were not inflicting pain on your children. When god sends someone to hell.....that's pain. When god causes death in a child, that is pain. If god can prevent those things and elects not to, that is sadism.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 May 11
1 edit

Petty issues like not having cookies, chores outsourced, and completion of homework are not equivalent to murders, rapes, theft, mass starvation, killer epidemics, and so on...

Maryland

Moves
30 May 11

Originally posted by josephw

I read in another post in this thread that you consider yourself a "militant atheist". Does that mean that you are unkind to those who believe in a creator? Does that mean that you actively search out ...[text shortened]... "militant" atheist!

You are more militant than I because no amount of evidence will change your closed mind. I would, however, change my mind about god if there were scientific reproducible proof of his existence, but there is none. If god is so powerful, where is the evidence? When it comes to Allah, Thor, Zues, Rah, and all the other gods, you too are an atheist. I just include one more god on the false god list than you do!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
30 May 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Petty issues like not having cookies, chores outsourced, and completion of homework are not equivalent to murders, rapes, theft, mass starvation, killer epidemics, and so on...
petty isues like epidemics, mass starvation and theft are not euivelent to ensuring the planets maintain their proper rotation, and the laws of the universe are held in place. It's all a matter of scale, my analogy is sound...try again.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
30 May 11

You were not inflicting pain on your children. When god sends someone to hell.....that's pain. When god causes death in a child, that is pain. If god can prevent those things and elects not to, that is sadism.
my children would beg to differ (at the time any way). nope, so faryou have not proven sadism, you have only proven that you are narrow minded

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 May 11
4 edits

petty isues like epidemics, mass starvation and theft are not euivelent to ensuring the planets maintain their proper rotation, and the laws of the universe are held in place. It's all a matter of scale, my analogy is sound...try again.
I see...so your god cannot stop epidemics, mass starvation, theft, murders, rapes, and so on because otherwise he'll lose his concentration trying to keep the planets in orbit!? Is that what you're saying Doward??? 😕

Moreover, the orbit of the planets is an inconsequential point to someone who has a knife in his belly (for example) and is suffering an agonising death that no one or thing stopped (such that he won't be around to marvel at such orbits)!

Maryland

Moves
30 May 11

Originally posted by josephw

I read in another post in this thread that you consider yourself a "militant atheist". Does that mean that you are unkind to those who believe in a creator? Does that mean that you actively search out ...[text shortened]... "militant" atheist!

It is very common to pick on atheists whereas it is all to common in polite circles to give any one espousing religion a free pass. I am tired of it, and any chance I get I will call theists (who often have a holier than thou attitude) on their moronic beliefs. Theists will have to learn that much of what they say is flat out stupid such as resurrections and virgin births, and that gays are evil and that evolution is wrong,etc.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 May 11

You are more militant than I because no amount of evidence will change your closed mind. I would, however, change my mind about god if there were scientific reproducible proof of his existence, but there is none. If god is so powerful, where is the evidence? When it comes to Allah, Thor, Zues, Rah, and all the other gods, you too are an atheist. I just include one more god on the false god list than you do!
There is a whole universe of evidence. Yours is the closed mind.