1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    There is a whole universe of evidence. Yours is the closed mind.
    Your faith in "God" =/= a whole universe of evidence.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:07
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It is very common to pick on atheists whereas it is all to common in polite circles to give any one espousing religion a free pass. I am tired of it, and any chance I get I will call theists (who often have a holier than thou attitude) on their moronic beliefs. Theists will have to learn that much of what they say is flat out stupid such as resurrections and virgin births, and that gays are evil and that evolution is wrong,etc.
    Juvenile.

Give it up joe. Anything you attempt to do to stomp out God will be met with more than your puny little fit throwing can stop. The world is bigger than you and me, and this debate has raged since the beginning, so just relax, take a deep breath, and try to reason through your objections.

If you believe there is no God, then why do you fabricate an argument against something you don't believe exists? That makes no sense at all.

And that "holier than thou" argument doesn't hold water. There are far more people with that attitude who never even think about God than you'd believe.

Christians aren't perfect. No one is. Except God. God is holier than thou.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:11
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Your faith in "God" =/= a whole universe of evidence.
    No.

The universe is the evidence. God doesn't need my faith to prove anything.

It isn't faith when the proof is in your face.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:141 edit
    No.

The universe is the evidence. God doesn't need my faith to prove anything.

It isn't faith when the proof is in your face.
    Totally crapola dudeReveal Hidden Content
    and probably the best you have to offer on this!
    - the universe could be just as much evidence for Minnie the magic pot who hates tigers.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:16
    Juvenile.

Give it up joe. Anything you attempt to do to stomp out God will be met with more than your puny little fit throwing can stop. The world is bigger than you and me, and this debate has raged since the beginning, so just relax, take a deep breath, and try to reason through your objections.

If you believe there is no God, then why do you fabrica ...[text shortened]... 'd believe.

Christians aren't perfect. No one is. Except God. God is holier than thou.
    Prove it! You are just like the idiot who thanks god for saving him from a tornado, but does not blame god for sending the tornado in the 1st place. Being human, I feel schadenfreude when a tornado blows down a church full of people praying to god.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:16
    Totally crapola dude - the universe could be just as much evidence for Minnie the magic pot who hates tigers.
    Except it's not.

The universe is evidence for the creator of it.

Your inane and juvenile comparisons not withstanding.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:22
    Except it's not.

Your stupid and geriatric dribbling not withstanding...

Following your "logic" (don't know how much I can cheapen that word), the universe could equally be proof of any other magical entity I or anyone else cares to dream up satisfying the minimal constraint that it played a part in making the universe.

I vote for Minnie the magic pot. (Sucks to be a tiger though - when they die they all get squished over and over again for all eternity in Minnie's eternal garbage compactor in the sky)
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:22
    Prove it! You are just like the idiot who thanks god for saving him from a tornado, but does not blame god for sending the tornado in the 1st place. Being human, I feel schadenfreude when a tornado blows down a church full of people praying to god.
    Your getting more and more juvenile with every post joe.

You don't realise it, but you're projecting your own bias about Christians, which no doubt you borrowed from someone else, onto me.

What you are saying has no basis in my understanding of God. If you have something intelligent to add to this conversation please include it in your next post.
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:28
    Except it's not.

How is the universe evidence for the existence of god? You may call me a juvenile, but you are very primitive. Join the 21st century. Did you know Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Jodie Foster, Ben Franklin,Thomas Paine, Clarence Darrow, Napoleon Bonaparte, George Bernard Shaw, Charles Steinmetz, and Frank Zappa, to list just a few, were or are atheists?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:36
    Your stupid and geriatric dribbling not withstanding...

Following your "logic" (don't know how much I can cheapen that word), the universe could equally be proof of any other magical entity I or anyone else cares to dream up satisfying the minimal constraint that it played a part in making the universe.

I vote for Minnie the magic pot. (Sucks to be a ti ...[text shortened]... ished over and over again for all eternity in Minnie's eternal garbage compactor in the sky)
    "...the universe could equally be proof of any other magical entity I or anyone else cares to dream up satisfying the minimal constraint that it played a part in making the universe."

That's not logical Agerg.

Logic dictates that if the universe was created, it was created by its creator, and not by yours or anyone else's dream.

If the universe was created by a creator, then it is logical that the creation is evidence for the creator of it.

Sucks when you're wrong doesn't it?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:384 edits
    [b]"...the universe could equally be proof of any other magical entity I or anyone else cares to dream up satisfying the minimal constraint that it played a part in making the universe."

Logic dictates that if the universe was created, it was created by its creator, and not by yours or anyone else's dream.

If the univer ...[text shortened]... hat the creation is evidence for the creator of it.

Sucks when you're wrong doesn't it?[/b]
    You'd have to actually understand what logic is and how to use it effectively before you challenge anyone elses logic josephw - that will never happen.

I define Minnie the magic pot to be creator of the universe - along with tigers she also hates you as well ;]

But here's the kicker - since Minnie is defined to be creator of the universe and...(wait for it)...the universe exists, then by your reasoning Minnie the magic pot must exist!!! 😵
  12. Maryland
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:39
    [b]"...the universe could equally be proof of any other magical entity I or anyone else cares to dream up satisfying the minimal constraint that it played a part in making the universe."

If the univer ...[text shortened]... hat the creation is evidence for the creator of it.

Sucks when you're wrong doesn't it?[/b]
    How did the creator get here? If every thing requires a creator, please, using your logic, explain how the creator got here!
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:43
    How is the universe evidence for the existence of god? You may call me a juvenile, but you are very primitive. Join the 21st century. Did you know Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Jodie Foster, Ben Franklin,Thomas Paine, Clarence Darrow, Napoleon Bonaparte, George Bernard Shaw, Charles Steinmetz, and Frank Zappa, to list just a few, were or are atheists?
    I didn't say YOU were a juvenile. Can you read?

I don't care if even YOU are an atheist much less anyone else. Although I don't recommend it. Nothing good will come of it.

"How is the universe evidence for the existence of god?"

Just think it through joe. That's all I can tell you at the moment.
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:45
    I didn't say YOU were a juvenile. Can you read?

I don't care if even YOU are an atheist much less anyone else. Although I don't recommend it. Nothing good will come of it.

[b]"How is the universe evidence for the existence of god?"

Just think it through joe. That's all I can tell you at the moment.[/b]
    That's no answer at all........just as I suspected. Once again, if everything requires a creator, how did god get here? You are the one who has not thought it through!
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:53
    You'd have to actually understand what logic is and how to use it effectively before you challenge anyone elses logic josephw - that will never happen.

I define Minnie the magic pot to be creator of the universe - along with tigers she also hates you as well ;]

But here's the kicker - since Minnie is defined to be creator of the universe and...(wait for it)...the universe exists, then by your reasoning Minnie the magic pot must exist!!! 😵
    "You'd have to actually understand what logic is and how to use it effectively before you challenge anyone elses logic josephw - that will never happen."

Don't you know it's illogical to ever say never?

"I define Minnie the magic pot to be creator of the universe - along with tigers she also hates you as well."

YOU define? Then YOU must be God Agerg.

"But here's the kicker - since Minnie is defined to be creator of the universe and...(wait for it)...the universe exists, then by your reasoning Minnie the magic pot must exist!!!"

You're getting hysterical Agerg. Go lay down for a while and rest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree