1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:593 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"You'd have to actually understand what logic is and how to use it effectively before you challenge anyone elses logic josephw - that will never happen."

Don't you know it's illogical to ever say never?

"I define Minnie the magic pot to be creator of the universe - along with tigers she also hates you as well."

YOU define? Then YOU mu t exist!!!"[/b]

You're getting hysterical Agerg. Go lay down for a while and rest.[/b]
    Don't you know it's illogical to ever say never?
    3 will never be bigger than 4. I just said "never" again! how was that statement illogical!? I have the same conviction you will never think logically ;]

YOU define? Then YOU must be God Agerg.
    Just playing the same game as you josephw; you arbitrarily define the god associated with your interpretation of the Bible to be creator of the universe. I define Minnie the magic pot to be creator of the universe instead. Actually, Minnie defines herself to be creator and I'm just spreading the word...glory to Minnie!

You're getting hysterical Agerg. Go lay down for a while and rest.
    It's your reasoning I'm applying, not my own! ;]
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 00:59
    Originally posted by 667joe
    How did the creator get here? If every thing requires a creator, please, using your logic, explain how the creator got here!
    You're projecting again joe.

Who said everything requires a creator?

Besides, I hadn't yet replied to the post you made asking the question about how God got here yet.

Do you understand joe?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:04
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]Don't you know it's illogical to ever say never?
    the number three will never have the same meaning as the number four. I just said "never" again! how was that statement illogical!? I have the same conviction you will never think logically ;]

YOU define? Then YOU must be God Agerg.
    Just playing the same game as you josephw; you arbitra ...[text shortened]... Go lay down for a while and rest.[/b]
    It's your reasoning I'm applying, not my own! ;][/b]
    I think you take yourself too seriously Agerg.

What is logical about inventing a creator/God?

Can you answer that?
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:06
    You're projecting again joe.

Who said everything requires a creator?

Besides, I hadn't yet replied to the post you made asking the question about how God got here yet.

Do you understand joe?
    Once again, please explain how god got here. To save you the trouble, the usual theist says god has always been here and does not require a creator. But, using logic, if god could always have been here, the universe could always have been here also.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:072 edits
    I think you take yourself too seriously Agerg.

Can you answer that?
    Haven't the foggiest - but then zealots like yourself do it all the time! Also, I didn't invent Minnie the magic pots, she actually exists! Proof that she exists is that the universe exists, and if the universe was created then it was created by it's creator - Minnie!

Ergo Minnie exists!!! 😵
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:18
    Once again, please explain how god got here. To save you the trouble, the usual theist says god has always been here and does not require a creator. But, using logic, if god could always have been here, the universe could always have been here also.
    "Once again, please explain how god got here."

He didn't "get here".

The question you should ask yourself is, why do I think God hasn't always existed?

But you won't. You can't. You don't know how. You have a closed mind.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:26
    [b]What is logical about inventing a creator/God?
    Haven't the foggiest - but then zealots like yourself do it all the time! Also, I didn't invent Minnie the magic pots, she actually exists! Proof that she exists is that the universe exists, and if the universe was created then it was created by it's creator - Minnie!

Ergo Minnie exists!!! 😵[/b]
    Now you're back to being irrational.

I asked a legitimate question. What is logical about inventing a creator /God?

It's not logical is it?

It is also not logical to assume that I invented God either, but you insist on saddling me with it.

You are illogical Agerg.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 01:542 edits

It's not logical is it?

It is also not logical to assume that I invented God either, but you insist on saddling me with it.

You are illogical Agerg.

That's because your assertion that the universe exists - ergo "God" exists argument is irrational. There is nothing "logical" about inventing a creator or a god, but that is precisely what you and your theist colleagues do as you each invent your own little godReveal Hidden Content
    (equipped with all the little nuances that come with your interpretation of scripture)
    based on the template someone else invented.Reveal Hidden Content
    (i.e. those humans who wrote the Bible)

You don't like it when someone else plays the same game.

Indeed I can quite easily substitute Minnie the magic pot for any argument you make which includes "God" (with sufficient changes to her character like, for example, what she hates, or changes to her abilities and so on... - just to keep her different from your "God" )
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 02:18
    [b]Now you're back to being irrational.

That's because your assertion that the universe exists - ergo "God" exists argument is irrational. There is nothing "logical" about inventing a creator or a god, but that is precisely what you and your theist colleagues do as you each ...[text shortened]... nges like, for example, what she hates - just to keep her different from your "God" )[/b]
    It's too bad you have to keep changing your phraseology to keep pace with your irrationality. You're confusing yourself needlessly Agerg.

Consider this statement you made:

"That's because your assertion that the universe exists - ergo "God" exists argument is irrational."

I never said God exists because the universe exists. Are you sure you're not experiencing neurological misfire.

This is what I said:

"The universe is evidence for a creator/God."

You exist. You are the evidence that your mother and father exist. If your parents didn't exist, then neither would you.

The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a creator/God. Otherwise it wouldn't exist.

That's logic.

The irrationality of the atheists' argument is typified by joe's question above. How did God get here? Well, how did the universe get here?

You don't know do you? But then you have the audacity to tell me I invented God!?
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 02:331 edit
    It's too bad you have to keep changing your phraseology to keep pace with your irrationality. You're confusing yourself needlessly Agerg.

Consider this statement you made:

[b]"That's because your assertion that the universe exists - ergo "God" exists argument is irrational."

I never said God exists because the universe exists. Are you sure you'r ou don't know do you? But then you have the audacity to tell me I invented God!?[/b]
    The underlying structure of

I never said God exists because the universe exists. Are you sure you're not experiencing neurological misfire.

This is what I said:

is contradicted when you went on to say:

You exist. You are the evidence that your mother and father exist. If your parents didn't exist, then neither would you.

The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a creator/God. Otherwise it wouldn't exist.

That's logic.

I can play the same game...watch:

The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a magic pot called Minnie (who is the only thing that can create universes). Otherwise it wouldn't exist.

That's logic.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 02:47
    The underlying structure of

[b]I never said God exists because the universe exists. Are you sure you're not experiencing neurological misfire.

This is what I said:

is contradicted when you went on to say:

[quote] You exist. You are the evidence that your mother and father exist. I ...[text shortened]... ly thing that can create universes). Otherwise it wouldn't exist.

That's logic.[/i][/b]
    You said:

"The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a magic pot called Minnie..."

I said:

"The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a creator/God."

You don't see the difference in these two statements? I'll help you out. In your statement you made up a fictional character you know doesn't exist. Therefore you statement is illogical and irrational.

My statement refers to a creator/God as creator of the universe. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:00
    I think we can all agree, if something bad is happening which a person could prevent (especially if there is no danger to said person), that person would not be held in the highest regard if he did nothing to help. Would my theist friends explain why god is not held to this standard. Clearly, by traditional definitions of god, he could prevent bad things from happening.
    Who are you to tell God what He should do?
    God does as He pleases.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:01
    You said:

[b]"The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a magic pot called Minnie..."

I said:

"The universe and all that exists is the evidence for a creator/God."

You don't see the difference in these two statements? I'll help you out. In your statement you made up a fictional character you know doesn't exist. Therefore y ...[text shortened]... niverse. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.[/b]
    In your statement you made up a fictional character you [b]know doesn't exist. Therefore you statement is illogical and irrational.

My statement refers to a creator/God as creator of the universe. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.[/b]

I do know Minnie exists, I have faith she does!...and since you said that about Minnie I can say with the same conviction:

In your statement you advanced a fictional character you know, deep down, doesn't exist, that character being Bible God. Therefore your statement is illogical and irrational.

My statement refers to a magic pot as creator of the universe. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:29
    [b]In your statement you made up a fictional character you [b]know doesn't exist. Therefore you statement is illogical and irrational.

My statement refers to a creator/God as creator of the universe. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.[/b]

I do know Minnie exists, I have faith she does!...and since you sai ...[text shortened]... universe. The evidence is real and exists. Therefore my statement is logical and rational.[/i][/b]
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and
    murders and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters
    and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with
    fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
    (Revelation 21:8 NASB)
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:323 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and
    murders and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters
    and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with
    fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
    (Revelation 21:8 NASB)
    Sorcerers exist!? woo-hoo, they can teach me how to use the blizzard spell and negate the burning fires; they can also teach me how to cast magic armour as well to keep the blizzard I cast from hurting me too 😵

Can Satan be killed with a long sword+5?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree