cartwheels

cartwheels

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
29 Aug 07

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]Why do you assume that God would not do anything like this?
I make no such assumption. As partial support, consider the opening salvo of Hebrews:

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and thr ...[text shortened]... Of course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."[/b]
God, with perfect insight and analysis, knows both the need and the solution. Cartwheels ain't it. FREAKY

...Oh come on , at that precise time , in that moment that woman needed to know that there was more to life than just this world. She had the guts to dare God to do something , ...and he did. She stepped out in faith and imagination. No-one is suggesting that cartwheels become her staple diet of spirituality.
🙄🙄

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
29 Aug 07

[b]Why do you assume that God would not do anything like this?
I make no such assumption. As partial support, consider the opening salvo of Hebrews:

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and thr ...[text shortened]... Of course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."[/b]
Does he not yearn...
Not exactly, no. FREAKY

what????
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Aug 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
However, what you did say is that the old woman simply delayed offing herself by at least the time covered in the story. There was no mention of salvation. FREAKY

I think I have already mentioned it in the thread but I will repeat it fr you. The woman went on to become a Christian and cited the cartwheel event as pivotal in her life journey. She wou ...[text shortened]... round you in this messy , broken bizarre world we live in. Come on brother open your eyes!!!!
With the exception of one prayer only, God doesn't listen to the prayer of a believer who is outside of fellowship. How, then, would He have listened to the prayer of an unbeliever?

You really need to abandon this absurdity.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
29 Aug 07

With the exception of one prayer only, God doesn't listen to the prayer of a believer who is outside of fellowship. How, then, would He have listened to the prayer of an unbeliever?

You really need to abandon this absurdity.
Where do you get this nonsense from? Is it scriptural? In any case , you know I don't really care either way. If this is your God then you need to get out more. Who would want to get to know a God like this anyway?? He's dead!

" You really need to abandon this absurdity"

- Don't you get it ? The whole thing IS absurd. I wonder how many times Jesus was told this in his life. God IS absurd! He's wild , wierd and dangerous. He laughs when we break wind and tell jokes. He is the God of the wierd , the enemy of the sensible.

Jesus approached Andrew and Peter and asked them to give up their livelihoods and become fishers of men. They had little idea who he was. If the Andrew and Peter had been in their right minds they would have told him to sling his hook. Surely their friends and family must have said to them "You really must abandon this absurdity"

You might enjoy this (or maybe not?) .....

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Aug 07

Where do you get this nonsense from? Is it scriptural? In any case , you know I don't really care either way. If this is your God then you need to get out more. Who would want to get to know a God like this anyway?? He's dead!

" You really need to abandon this absurdity"

- Don't you get it ? The whole thing IS absurd. I wonder how many times Jes ...[text shortened]... might enjoy this (or maybe not?) .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lnt7ZoFrgo
Is it scriptural? In any case , you know I don't really care either way.
How appropriate.
Nice talking to you.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
30 Aug 07

[b]Is it scriptural? In any case , you know I don't really care either way.
How appropriate.
Nice talking to you.[/b]
Notice how you have not engaged in anything here or attempted to widen your understanding of God. I bet you have assumed that I am passing scorn on scripture and taking God's word lightly. This is not the case. The point I am making is that if scripture is telling us to restrict our imagination and constrain the way that God reaches out to people in their need then it is an offence to the law of love.

You seem to forget that when Jesus was doing his stuff on the sabbath he was challenged by the "religious" of the time that what he was doing was against the torah and not on. He was pushing the boundaries and living the Gospel rather than by a set of rules. If he had cared to much about religious rules he would have not done much.

You are so stuck in your rules that you can't even see what God is doing in the world. I bet you didn't even look at the video clips. I feel sorry for you - your God is way too small and rigid. What exactly is it you are afraid of?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
30 Aug 07

Is it scriptural?
No.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
30 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
No.
Where does scripture prohibit a christian being used by God as a response to the prayer of a person in need?

Isn't being used by God to help the growth and peace of others the goal of spirituality?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
30 Aug 07

Where does scripture prohibit a christian being used by God as a response to the prayer of a person in need?

Isn't being used by God to help the growth and peace of others the goal of spirituality?
I'm sorry if I created confusion, KM. I was responding to your question to Freaky. No, his statement about prayer is not scriptural.

BTW, see my most recent post on the "Compelled to Change" thread. And I should say that when I read your opening post on the "Beloved" thread to my wife, she just said: "That's beautiful." I concur.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
30 Aug 07

Originally posted by vistesd
I'm sorry if I created confusion, KM. I was responding to your question to Freaky. No, his statement about prayer is not scriptural.

BTW, see my most recent post on the "Compelled to Change" thread. And I should say that when I read your opening post on the "Beloved" thread to my wife, she just said: "That's beautiful." I concur.
Understood.🙂