1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '14 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    You may think you can imagine 'supernatural punishment' into existence but you can't. If it makes you feel better in some way about the human condition, then good for you. I welcome and hope for the capture, imprisonment and punishment of murderers.
    If numbers mean anything, 100 million people were murdered in the pogroms of WW2 and the communist revolutions and such and not a peep from a deity.

That makes you wonder just how many people have to be murdered before a deity who might be watching all that slaughter, just how many would it take before this deity steps in and says enough already? 1 billion?

My feeling is the entire human race could be killed off and there would still be no peep from a deity, simply because, assuming there IS a deity, we are not important enough to worry about anything to do with humanity.

To me, the most likely thing is there is no deity looking at or over or whatever, of the human race at all and we are just obsessing about deities over nothing whatsoever.
  2. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://music.yahoo.com/news/cat-stevens-announces-brief-us-concert-tour-210556132.html

Come one, come all, Cat Stevens is on tour since the 1970's!

Problem is, he converted to Islam, which bans music.

Lucky for Cat, this exempts him from whatever he does on stage.
    Saw Cat Stevens' comeback at the Cropredy Fairport festival some years ago. He went down well, was liked by the audience and played just fine with the other members of Fairport, including Richard Thompson (another Muslim, by the way). Forgive and forget. He has basically admitted he foolishness regarding the Rushdie comments.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If numbers mean anything, 100 million people were murdered in the pogroms of WW2 and the communist revolutions and such and not a peep from a deity.

That makes you wonder just how many people have to be murdered before a deity who might be watching all that slaughter, just how many would it take before this deity steps in and says enough already? 1 billi ...[text shortened]... tever, of the human race at all and we are just obsessing about deities over nothing whatsoever.
    I am not a religionist nor do I hanker for a religionist package of 'answers' having scrutinized several and one in particular, so I don't see why any God figure should "step in" or utter "a peep". I do however find the claims of religionists interesting and I think their concoctions and aspirations are a natural upshot of human spirituality.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 23:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not a religionist nor do I hanker for a religionist package of 'answers' having scrutinized several and one in particular, so I don't see why any God figure should "step in" or utter "a peep". I do however find the claims of religionists interesting and I think their concoctions and aspirations are a natural upshot of human spirituality.
    In other words, what isn't there will be invented since the need is so great. A kind of cultural inferiority complex.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree