1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 21:41
    Originally posted by lucifershammer

prop·a·gan·da ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prp-gnd)
    n.
    1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
    2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.*

Nearly everything you and I write on this forum is propaganda.
    Allow me to quote from Bbarr the Wise:

"Arguments aim at arriving at true conclusions, not in making conclusions true."

To the extent that you and I adhere to this, what we post is not propaganda.

The article that ivanhoe cited, and the holocaust article that I cited, are clear examples of arguments that aim at making a conclusion true. It is impossible to examine them and find that they aim at arriving at true conclusions. This distinguishes what we post from that crap, unless we make the error of attempting to make conclusions true.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Allow me to quote from Bbarr the Wise:

"Arguments aim at arriving at true conclusions, not in making conclusions true."

To the extent that you and I adhere to this, what we post is not propaganda.

The article that ivanhoe cited, and the holocaust article that I cited, are clear examples of arguments that aim at making a conclusion true. ...[text shortened]... es what we post from that crap, unless we make the error of attempting to make conclusions true.
    The holocaust article is and remains a false analogy and is and remains a red herring of gigantic proportions. You are simply trying to avoid to address the issues raised in the article I presented .... and you are succeeding in it.

You simply lack the knowledge to address the issue and on top of that, and that is the real disturbing observation, you are not interested in researching the historical facts. You claim to be rational but I'm afraid it doesn't show ..... on the contrary.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:122 edits
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The holocaust article is and remains a false analogy and is and remains a red herring of gigantic proportions. You are simply trying to avoid to address the issues raised in the article I presented .... and you are succeeding in it.
    What prompted you to present the article in the first place? Was it the fact that I claimed the Church had burned people at the stake for crimes less than molestation? Did your article refute that? If it did, I didn't notice, and I'd request that you present an excerpt from it which does. If it didn't, then it was you who introduced the red herring into this discussion on the intrinsically disordered.

And any false analogies that you find remaining remain only in your head, for such things do not exist at all in reality.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:181 edit
    I'm not changing the subject. I'm addressing it by analogy, to demonstrate that the article is not worthy of more than a cursory examination and discard.
    It is and remains a false analogy and a red herring. Your discourse is based on numerous fallacies and you simply fail to admit this.

EDIT: You are trying to avoid to discuss the article's content. You are succeeding to do so for several pages now.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:28

You are trying to avoid to discuss the article's content.
    Why should I discuss it? How is it relevant to this thread? Does it refute my claim about the church burning people?
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:30
    It is and remains a false analogy
    You look more and more foolish every time you say this.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:38
    What prompted you to present the article in the first place? Was it the fact that I claimed the Church had burned people at the stake for crimes less than molestation? Did your article refute that? If it did, I didn't notice, and I'd request that you present an excerpt from it which does. If it didn't, then it was you who introduced the red he ...[text shortened]... hat you find remaining remain only in your head, for such things do not exist at all in reality.
    Dear Doctor, your self-designed and self-manufactured Throne of Reason turns out to be made of papier-maché instead of solid oak and your Golden Crown of Enlightenment has fallen on the granite floor of a fallacious formalism making very hollow, very shrill echoing sounds, telling us it was made of fool's gold.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:404 edits
    Dear Doctor, your self-designed and self-manufactured Throne of Reason turns out to be made of papier-maché instead of solid oak and your Golden Crown of Enlightenment has fallen on the granite floor of a fallacious formalism making very hollow, very shrill echoing sounds, telling us it was made of fool's gold.
    Why did you post the article? What bearing does it have on the intrinsically disordered?

If you admit that it had no bearing, but that you are still justified in posting it and demanding that I reply, then I will be justified in infiltrating your threads in kind with holocaust hoax propaganda and insisting that you analyze them.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:46
    Why did you post the article? What bearing does it have on the intrinsically disordered?

If you admit that it had no bearing, but that you are still justified in posting it and demanding that I reply, then I will be justified in infiltrating your threads in kind with holocaust hoax propaganda and insisting that you analyze them.
    Do you wish to discuss it in a new thread ?
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 22:482 edits
    Do you wish to discuss it in a new thread ?
    I don't wish to discuss the article at all. It's crap.

I do wish to discuss why you chose to post it in this thread.

If you want to start a new thread to discuss why you posted it in this thread, and why you find its analysis germane to the topic of this thread, then I will join you.

But if you want to start a new thread to present Catholic propaganda, don't bother. I know where to go for that. CRISIS Magazine.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:14
    I don't wish to discuss the article at all. It's crap.

I do wish to discuss why you chose to post it in this thread.

If you want to start a new thread to discuss why you posted it in this thread, and why you find its analysis germane to the topic of this thread, then I will join you.

But if you want to start a new thread to present Catholic propaganda, don't bother. I know where to go for that. CRISIS Magazine.
    Granite formalism ..... and again changing the subject.

You do not wish to discuss the article. You simply dismiss it as "crap" and "propaganda" without adressing the presented facts ..... and you are again poisoning the well .......

The sheer number of your fallacies are now becoming a true embarrassment, Dear Doctor.

......... pick up your crown and put on some clothes.
  12. Gangster Land
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:16

You do not wish to discuss the article. You simply dismiss it as "crap" and "propaganda" without adressing the presented facts ..... and you are again poisoning the well .......

The sheer number of your fallacies are now becoming a true embarrassment, Dear Doctor.

Would it help at all if I also thought the article in question is crap? Perhaps if we reach a critical mass of people thinking the article is crap you will admit what most of us already know? Do you have any idea what critical mass might be?

TheSkipper
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:16

I am willing to read the article if you can convince me that it is relevant to this topic.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:22
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Would it help at all if I also thought the article in question is crap?
    Me too.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:29
    I am willing to read the article if you can convince me that it is relevant to this topic.
    ..... you haven't even read it ! This makes things only worse for you ..... unbelievable ... Please, never ever claim you are a rational person. I would not be able to stop laughing ......... 🙄 😵 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree