1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 12:07
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think it is not that profound just to be "Anti Watchtower". I have no interest to be "Anti Jehovah's Witness" just for its own sake.

Where is the truth ? To me that is more important. Only in contrasting the less true with the more true is there value for me.
    JW's are not interested in the truth. You of all people should know this. We can play scriptural ping pong all day long for eternity and they will not change their minds. The WTS tells them that only they know the truth, and that we are all pagans so why bother to listen? The only way to make them see the light is to expose the organization for what it was, what it is, and what it will become. When chopping down a tree, its best to start at the trunk.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 12:234 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    What's worse is that any time they are caught with their pants down (metaphorically speaking) they cry "slander" "oppression" "see! we are the true christians cuz everyone picks on us"

Robbie: if the WTS didn't want people to expose their ludicrious positions they shouldn't put them in print.

btw: have [b]you
    read the entire article? maybe you could post it here for us....we could all use a good laugh.[/b]
    yes i have read the entire article, did it state that chess was evil Deucer? did it? no then why have you slanderously presented it as if it did?

i will not post it for you although i was going to, we are not in the habit of disseminating well presented articles for persons to hone their conscience upon for you to laugh at, if you want a laugh, go to youtube and look up Kevin Bridges or some other comedian, as it is, we are very particular to whom we disseminate our 'free for the public' literature, for we have printed, shipped, and distributed it to those who are deserving entirely at our own cost, time and effort, your attitude hardly lends itself to one whom i would deem as someone who would appreciate it!

unless you are prepared to apologise or state that the article did not say that chess is evil, then this is the last word from me to you, sorry, but 1 Corinthians 15:33 springs to mind.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 12:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes i have read the entire article, did it state that chess was evil Deucer? did it? no then why have you slanderously presented it as if it did?

i will not post it for you although i was going to, we are not in the habit of disseminating well presented articles for persons to hone their conscience upon for you to laugh at, if you want a laugh ...[text shortened]... se, then this is the last word from me to you, sorry, but 1 Corinthians 15:33 springs to mind.
    As an atheist who doesn't have an axe to grind with any particular branch of Christianity, simply beacuse i think you're all bonkers. I like to think i can give an impartial view on this topic.

I read the article, and it doesn't state anywhere that 'chess is evil' as you titled this thread duecer. Artistic licence? Maybe. But if you want to 'cut down the tree' as you put it, maybe a 'blade of truth' who would do a better job.

But, the article does give the impression that chess is a negative game due to it's war connotations and should people who play it be better off spending their time elsewhere. Is it right to let children play the game? Is another theme i picked up from the article.

In short the article is pretty wacky, but not as wacky as you made out deucer.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    As an atheist who doesn't have an axe to grind with any particular branch of Christianity, simply beacuse i think you're all bonkers. I like to think i can give an impartial view on this topic.

I read the article, and it doesn't state anywhere that 'chess is evil' as you titled this thread duecer. Artistic licence? Maybe. But if you want to 'cut down cle.

granted a tad "sensational" but the underlying theme is still there.

on the subject of cutting down the tree, if the WTS is proved unreliable, then maybe JW's will start to understand the falseness of the doctrines espoused in it. for example:

concerning the wicked men of Sodom:

· Watchtower, July 1879 p.8 says the men of Sodom WILL be resurrected.

· Watchtower, June 1, 1952, p.338 says the men of Sodom will NOT be resurrected.

· Watchtower, Aug. 1, 1965 p.479 says they WILL be resurrected

· Watchtower, June 1, 1988 p.31 says they will NOT be resurrected.

· Live Forever Book, early edition p. 179 says they WILL be resurrected

· Live Forever Book, later editions p. 179 says they will NOT be resurrected

· Insight book, Vol. 2 p., 985 says they WILL be resurrected.

· Revelation book, p. 273 says they will NOT be resurrected

edit: look at the changes in interpretation concerning the word 'Lord' in Romans 10:12-16:

· 1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

· 1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.

· 1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

· 1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:12

I read the article, and it doesn't state anywhere that 'chess is evil' as you titled this thread duecer. Artistic licence? Maybe. But if you want to 'cut down ...[text shortened]... cle.

The JWs think war of all kinds is evil as is evidenced by their consciencious objections and non-participation. So if they liken chess which is simply a game of strategy and wits to war which they say is evil, what would you think is the objective of such a comparison ?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:15
    granted a tad "sensational" but the underlying theme is still there.

on the subject of cutting down the tree, if the WTS is proved unreliable, then maybe JW's will start to understand the falseness of the doctrines espoused in it. for example:

concerning the wicked men of Sodom:

· Watchtower, July 1879 p.8 says the men of Sodom WILL be resurr ...[text shortened]... 1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

· 1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
    Actually ... they are reliable.
    Reliably inconsistent...😀
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Actually ... they are reliable.
    Reliably inconsistent...😀
    John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:351 edit
    John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    In that passage according to Jesus, the truth will make you free from the slavery of committing sin. However, many Christians seem to believe that it's impossible for anyone to stop from committing sin largely, from what I can tell, because of the teachings of Paul. With that kind of inconsistency and contradiction in the Bible, is it any wonder that, by and large, the beliefs of so many Christians show inconsistency and contradiction? So many Christians call Jesus "Lord", yet choose to follow the contradictory teachings of Paul and other parts of the Bible instead.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 14:21

I read the article, and it doesn't state anywhere that 'chess is evil' as you titled this thread duecer. Artistic licence? Maybe. But if you want to 'cut down ...[text shortened]... cle.

thankyou noobster you have done what our friend Deucer here could not.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 15:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thankyou noobster you have done what our friend Deucer here could not.
    what? i admit the headline is a tad sensational. i just found the topical matter ironic considering this is a chess site.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:40
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

so are doctors😲

Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
    don't forget its also racist, since whites always play first.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 23:22
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

so are doctors😲

Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
    Then why are you on a chess site, playing 1675 games, then you must be evil times 1675, no higher education isn't "undesireable" how do you think you came into the world, by a doctor, how do criminals get off the street, when they're proven guilty by a LAWYER in court.
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 01:12
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Then why are you on a chess site, playing 1675 games, then you must be evil times 1675, no higher education isn't "undesireable" how do you think you came into the world, by a doctor, how do criminals get off the street, when they're proven guilty by a LAWYER in court.
    Irony is not an adjective used to describe a small home appliance, but the true meening may be lost on you.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think it is not that profound just to be "Anti Watchtower". I have no interest to be "Anti Jehovah's Witness" just for its own sake.

Where is the truth ? To me that is more important. Only in contrasting the less true with the more true is there value for me.
    Believe it or not I agree. What is most important is that people come to know Christ. That they truly understand the Gospel. This does set people free truly. Christ will come to live in us as you so eloquently have shown in some of your other post. How God wants to dwell in His people. Now to me that is profound. It's so much more than being saved from our sins! I've been guilty of getting caught up in an Anti-Watch Tower hunt. I guess because galveston & robbie have been so militant in proclaiming that they have the ultimate truth. The irony is I bet I would enjoy hanging out with either guy playing chess or what have you.

Manny
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 21:57
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    don't forget its also racist, since whites always play first.
    Not "whites" but white, unless you have a chess set with red pieces.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree