1. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    25 Aug '09 19:041 edit
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

    The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

    so are doctors😲

    Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Aug '09 19:34
    Originally posted by duecer
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

    The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

    so are doctors😲

    Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
    Bad day on the chess boards, eh?
  3. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    25 Aug '09 19:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bad day on the chess boards, eh?
    not sure I've ever had a good day
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Aug '09 21:12
    Originally posted by duecer
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

    The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

    so are doctors😲

    Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
    I suspect the list of incorrect doctrines, ridiculous beliefs, arrogant statements and false prophesies of the JWs are likely to be endless.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Aug '09 21:452 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I suspect the list of incorrect doctrines, ridiculous beliefs, arrogant statements and false prophesies of the JWs are likely to be endless.
    interesting take you have on the article considering that you have never read it, does you theology allow for such prejudice, it seems so! but we knew that already, didn't we.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Aug '09 21:462 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    not sure I've ever had a good day
    Wondering in what manner you might counsel your church members

    if one or more had become confused, lost their loyalty and their way.



    😉
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    25 Aug '09 21:492 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    DO NOT PLAY CHESS. IT IS LIKE WAR!

    The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers. Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

    so are doctors😲

    Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.
    deucer you are completely and utterly misrepresenting the article, please kindly state where it claims that chess is evil, if you do not you will admit publicly that it was slander and that you have knowingly issued a statement with the sole purpose of defamation, and if you cannot or will not i for one will have nothing more to do with you!
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    26 Aug '09 04:19
    Is there a way to obtain old editions of "Awake" on line?





    Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    26 Aug '09 04:22
    http://oldwatchtowers.com/firstwatchtower.html

    So far all I can find
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    26 Aug '09 04:27
    http://www.4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-history.php

    Check it




    Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    26 Aug '09 05:16
    The Watch Tower Society is a Lie! The evidence is overwhelming. It just goes on & on & on. They contradict themselves in print. Man it is sad really. Every time this is brought up JW's have no answer for this. I would challenge JW's to look at their own literature. See it for yourself.






    Manny
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    26 Aug '09 06:04
    Originally posted by menace71
    The Watch Tower Society is a Lie! The evidence is overwhelming. It just goes on & on & on. They contradict themselves in print. Man it is sad really. Every time this is brought up JW's have no answer for this. I would challenge JW's to look at their own literature. See it for yourself.






    Manny
    I just cant fathom the depths of whackiness.
    And they are everywhere...Well not everywhere but even if you meet one and spend any time with them, you cant help but feel really uncomfortable after a while. Now thats not right.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    26 Aug '09 11:53
    I think it is not that profound just to be "Anti Watchtower". I have no interest to be "Anti Jehovah's Witness" just for its own sake.

    Where is the truth ? To me that is more important. Only in contrasting the less true with the more true is there value for me.
  14. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    26 Aug '09 11:59
    Originally posted by menace71
    The Watch Tower Society is a Lie! The evidence is overwhelming. It just goes on & on & on. They contradict themselves in print. Man it is sad really. Every time this is brought up JW's have no answer for this. I would challenge JW's to look at their own literature. See it for yourself.






    Manny
    What's worse is that any time they are caught with their pants down (metaphorically speaking) they cry "slander" "oppression" "see! we are the true christians cuz everyone picks on us"

    Robbie: if the WTS didn't want people to expose their ludicrious positions they shouldn't put them in print.

    btw: have you read the entire article? maybe you could post it here for us....we could all use a good laugh.
  15. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    26 Aug '09 12:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Wondering in what manner you might counsel your church members

    if one or more had become confused, lost their loyalty and their way.



    😉
    Robert you have been asked by others (about this pecadillo) to stop with the nonsense. I would like to continue with you in a friendly manner, but you seem to like making it impossible.
Back to Top