1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 23:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Was all this documented in the Bible? If so, where?
    My friend, I have been trying to pop up the citation with this computer but it keeps wrestling with me, however you decide to accept what I just said.

Please view a concordance (only orig. KJ), and look for "Christ healing a man with a hug" or possibly "a lunatic" as he was of such the state.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:10
    Came across the following embedded in an article:
    [quote]As a psychologist I have come to realize that Christian fundamentalism is a form of mental illness. It is a form of psychosis where normal judgment processes for deciding what is real and unreal are suspended, and are replaced with an obsession for justifying beliefs using interpretations of an anc ...[text shortened]... se their beliefs are unsound and so they are unable to reconcile the contradictions via reason?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a Christian bigot. If not, where is the thread about Muslim fundamentalism?

Secondly, what do you deem to be incompatible regarding Christian fundamentalism and logic? Is it the unwaivering belief in God? Is it the unwaivering belief that his Son died for our sins? What exactly seperates your views that God exists from that of a fundamentalist who believes the same?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a Christian bigot. If not, where is the thread about Muslim fundamentalism?

Secondly, what do you deem to be incompatible regarding Christian fundamentalism and logic? Is it the unwaivering belief in God? Is it the unwaivering belief that his Son died for our sins? What exactly seperates your views that God exists from that of a fundamentalist who believes the same?
    Maybe you should try reading the OP.

Or are you just looking to have an off-topic rant?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:20
    Maybe you should try reading the OP.

Or are you just looking to have an off-topic rant?
    now now, be pleasant!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:23
    Originally posted by whodey

you should try Hindu fundamentalism, he gets quite excited by that.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    now now, be pleasant!
    This from a poster with a long history of being "unpleasant".

Well, I was certainly much more "pleasant" than whodey.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:30
    Actually many arguments are made that are not "rational" and not just about religion. It's just a fact. To deny this is disingenuous and/or absurd as is the idea that it should always "be enough to acknowledge that we can agree to disagree." Seems like this type of thinking keeps both individuals and society as a whole from progressing.
    You are saying that arguments that end in agreeing to disagree would stop
    progress?
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:31

I agree with you, T.O.O., you were more pleasant

I wish to see us all just express our differences and respect the others by acknowledging they too are under their view as you, whomever, and that getting along with everyone in these forums creates such a PLEASANT atmosphere, which destroys the hurt full replies to another, and enrages one to stand his ground, therefore no one getting anywhere.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    progress?
    Kelly
    That wasn't what I was saying. Please reread my post.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 00:40

well ok, i really actually think you were.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    well ok, i really actually think you were.
    Actually if everyone would reread my post they would see that I could care less about bigots who try to present their bigotry in a "nice package". But alas, TOO never rereads my posts!! 😠
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    progress?
    Kelly
    Would you like a translation? When you get the prompt to reread the post that means no comment and end of discussion. 😉
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:25
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Maybe god would agree that reading the bible is a form of psychosis.
    It's certain that Ming The Merciless does. 🙂
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:29
    Actually what it seems to be about is them holding beliefs even against evidence to the contrary rather rather than them believing in the Bible in general.

For example, I remember one poster who kept insisting that "the truth will make you free" refers to freedom from the penalty of sin rather than freedom from the slavery of committing sin. This desp ...[text shortened]... ading accusations and/or statements in an attempt to discredit the person. It's not pretty.
    "Actually what it seems to be about is them holding beliefs even against evidence to the contrary rather rather than them believing in the Bible in general."

No. It is about Christian fundamentalism being a form of psychosis.

Like believing Jesus rose from the dead.

Don't be duped by your own biases and prejudices.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 01:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think I should also point out that from a mans point of view, most women would get classified as mentally ill if we took the loose definition used in the OP. Women probably feel the same way about us. We think differently. That does not warrant the 'ill' label.
    Thank you sir.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree