Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
But my question to you is not about whether you feel disgruntled by how you fared in some previous discussion, my question to you is about the thread topic "Christian morals".
In which thread on this Forum do you recommend having given your most effective replies to dj2becker's cross examination of where you ground your source of morality as an atheist? I see you complaining that you have done so and don't want to repeat it.

Where is one of the threads that you recommend to us to see where those rebuttals were best expressed.

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonship
In which thread on this Forum do you recommend having given your most effective replies to dj2becker's cross examination of where you ground your source of morality as an atheist? I see you complaining that you have done so and don't want to repeat it.

Where is one of the threads that you recommend to us to see where those rebuttals were best expressed.
Go look for them yourself. dj2becker is one of the most tedious trolls in this community. I'm not the only person to have commented on it. You have never shown much interest in discussing morality aside from you spamming the forum with monologues and vast slabs of duckpeak dogma. You missed your chance. I have started dozens of threads on all aspects of morality and you've made yourself scarce. I gave dj2becker the time of day for about 6 months and then just got trolled for my trouble. I'm not interested in you grabbing hold of his coat tails.

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

[bMinus Jesus, there are moral codes of different types.
Minus Jesus even the Bible's commands are full of exhortations and commands many of which are not unique to the Judaic / Christian tradition.[/b]
So "Christian morals" = ordinary morals + believing in Jesus. Right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17
2 edits

So "Christian morals" = ordinary morals + believing in Jesus. Right?
You still at it?

Christian morals = Jesus Christ Himself.
This is pretty much what I have been explaining all along.

Now quickdraw, did you recommend on which thread in the last year, you feel you most successfully explained to dj2becker the basis of your concept of the source of moral standard to human beings?

It sound like you effective explained your opinion about the ground of morality when questioned about the objectively of a universal standard of moral oughtness. And you don't want to have to re-write your best rebuttal. Where is it?

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

You still at it?

Christian morals = Jesus Christ Himself.
This is pretty much what I have been explaining all along.
Morals govern human actions, and conduct, and behaviour ~ human interactions.

Morals cannot EQUAL sonship, or EQUAL me, or EQUAL Jesus Christ.

Morals cannot EQUAL a person.

If what you mean is that "Christian morals" are human actions and interactions that people who believe in Jesus engage in, then what you "have been explaining all along" might make some sense. Distorting the meaning of regular English language words is sophistry.

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

Now quickdraw, did you recommend on which thread in the last year, you feel you most successfully explained to dj2becker the basis of your concept of the source of moral standard to human beings?

It sound like you effective explained your opinion about the ground of morality when questioned about the objectively of a universal standard of moral oughtness. And you don't want to have to re-write your best rebuttal. Where is it?
I have already responded to this. Are you pretending that you haven't read it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17

Go look for them yourself.

You write a lot. You can recommend one or two threads where you think you did a good job, can't you?

I'll ask someone else if you're reluctant.

dj2becker is one of the most tedious trolls in this community.

But you are not tedious ?
That is all an aside from the point.

If you did well in explaining about the grounding of objective morality Atheist style, recommend where you did your best job.

How do you know I won't agree with you ?
I don't mean I will agree that there is no God. But I may agree that you did produce a reasonable alternative to morality being grounded in someTHING other than a Moral Being of Supreme nature.

I'm not the only person to have commented on it. You have never shown much interest in discussing morality aside from you spamming the forum with monologues and vast slabs of duckpeak dogma. You missed your chance. I have started dozens of threads on all aspects of morality and you've made yourself scarce. I gave dj2becker the time of day for about 6 months and then just got trolled for my trouble. I'm not interested in you grabbing hold of his coat tails.

Yada, yada.

What's the name of the Thread where You really grounded human morality in some standard without God ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17
1 edit

I have already responded to this. Are you pretending that you haven't read it?
No pretending. Technically I just read it and I just replied TO it.

Stop the "Takes one to know one" knee jerk paranoia.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17

FMF

Okay. I take it that you will not recommend a thread.
Fine. Leave it there.

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

FMF

Okay. I take it that you will not recommend a thread.
Fine. Leave it there.
You've gone downhill sonship in the last few years, that's for sure. Echoing dj2becker's trolling would once have been beneath you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17

d2jecker,

Be honest with me please. On which thread do you really think FMF gave his best reply to your examination of the grounding of his ultimate objective standard of morality OR his best explanation of totally relative morality?

I am not asking if you were left speechless. Just which one was a good try at an answer?

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

What's the name of the Thread where You really grounded human morality in some standard without God ?
Are you still pretending not to have understood my response to this?

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

d2jecker,

Be honest with me please. On which thread do you really think FMF gave his best reply to your examination of the grounding of his ultimate objective standard of morality OR his best explanation of totally relative morality?

I am not asking if you were left speechless. Just which one was a good try at an answer?
You're trolling.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 17
1 edit

You've gone downhill sonship in the last few years, that's for sure. Echoing dj2becker's trolling would once have been beneath you.
Your evaluation of which direction I've gone is just too critical to me ... NOT.

I understand that you want to hedge your bets and maybe not let yourself be pinned down to one thread.

F

Moves
02 Dec 17

Your evaluation of which direction I've gone is just too critical to me ... NOT.

I understand that you want to hedge your bets and maybe not let yourself be pinned down to one thread.
There are numerous threads.