1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 23:38
    Christian morals are really Christ Himself being lived out by the believer.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 23:38
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What evidence do you offer that you would recognize Christ in someone living if you encountered Him ?

For someone staking his destiny on Christ not living, what evidence do you offer that you would welcome Him if He did live in someone/s ?
    Your two 'counter questions' are dodges. They do not answer my question which is about a specific claim you have made on this thread. Here it is again: What evidence are you offering that "Christ lives" in you?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 23:40
    Christian morals are really Christ Himself being lived out by the believer.
    Can you give any examples of these "Christian morals" from the conduct and interpersonal behaviour (which is what 'morals' are about, lest we forget) that is exhibited by believers in Christ in this community?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 23:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your two 'counter questions' are dodges. They do not answer my question which is about a specific claim you have made on this thread. Here it is again: What evidence are you offering that "Christ lives" in you?
    Your two 'counter questions' are dodges.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    How many dodges have you participated in then?
    None?

They do not answer my question
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

Try one that sums up all your questions.
    "How come you have not forced me to believe in Christ?"

which is about a specific claim you have made on this thread. Here it is again: What evidence are you offering that "Christ lives" in you?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I cut to the chase here.
    Evidence is not persuasion.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '17 23:45
    [b] Your two 'counter questions' are dodges.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    How many dodges have you participated in then?
    None?

They do not answer my question
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

Try one that sums up all your questions.
    "How ...[text shortened]... -----------------------------------------
    I cut to the chase here.
    Evidence is not persuasion.[/b]
    What evidence are you offering that "Christ lives" in you?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What evidence are you offering that "Christ lives" in you?
    No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.

I, jack Wilmore confess before FMF, and God, and Jesus Christ, and all the world that Jesus Christ is Lord, my Lord.

According to God's word, no one can say "Jesus is Lord" except in the Holy Spirit.

Aside from this I follow the exhortation of Proverbs.

Let another praise you and not your own mouth
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 00:08
    No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.

I, jack Wilmore confess before FMF, and God, and Jesus Christ, and all the world that Jesus Christ is Lord, my Lord.

According to God's word, no one can say [b]"Jesus is Lord"
    except in the Holy Spirit.

Aside from this I follow the exhortation of Proverbs.

Let another praise you and not your own mouth
    [/b]
    This is not evidence; it's merely an assertion. You're thinking stuff, and you're saying stuff. If you've got no evidence to substantiate it, just say so.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 00:13
    The Law of Moses surely was a moral code.
    It was also a kind of photograph of what God is like.

Just like a photograph may represent a person but it is not that person. It may indicate what that person looks like.

The moral code of the law of Moses is not really what the believers in Jesus Christ live by directly. They live by the Spirit of Christ who is making His home in their hearts.

This living by Christ is also called living by the grace of Christ.
    It is in contrast living by a moral code, even the best one written.

Paul even goes as far to say that we Christians are not under the law but under grace. Grace is so fine. Grace gets finer and finer. It penetrates down into the innermost motives.

It governs how a man in Christ reacts. It governs his reactions spontaneously. It is learned. And this learning to live by the Grace of Christ is a life long matter.

Now, here is where Paul the pioneer into the Christian life says that the believers are under grace rather than under the law.

Romans 6:14
    "For sin will not lord it over you, for you are not under the law but under grace."

Galatians 5:18
    "But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."

Now a good question is "Where in the Gospels did Jesus teach anything like what Paul says here?"

In a post below I mention one very good place where Jesus teaches not being under the law but under grace.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '17 00:491 edit
    This passage from Matthew definitely reminds many of what Paul wrote - that the believer is not under the law but under grace.

"Come to Me all who toil and are burdened and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)

Those who have come to Jesus well know how real this verse can be. We can learn to rest and have faith that Jesus will carry, will bear, will go through for us, will endure, will be responsible, will bear responsibility, will obey for us and IN us.

His burden is not toilsome but light because He can be grace to us, flowing in us and out from us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree