1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 09:05
    What are they?
    And how do they differ from atheist morals.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 18:161 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    What are they?
    Love, hope, faith, adaptability, appreciation, attentiveness, availability, caring, commitment compassion, concern, confidence, consideration, consistency, contentment, cooperation, courage, creativity, decisiveness, deference, dependability, determination, diligence, discernment, discretion, efficiency, equitable, fearlessness, flexibility, forgiveness, generosity, gentleness, gratitude, honesty, humility, Integrity, Joyfulness, loyalty, meekness, mercy, observance, optimism, patience, peace, persistence, persuasiveness, prudence, punctuality, purpose, resourcefulness, respect, responsibility, self-confidence, self-control, sincerity, submission, tact, temperance, thoroughness, thriftiness, tolerance, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and virtue.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 00:39
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Love, hope, faith, adaptability, appreciation, attentiveness, availability, caring, commitment compassion, concern, confidence, consideration, consistency, contentment, cooperation, courage, creativity, decisiveness, deference, dependability, determination, diligence, discernment, discretion, efficiency, equitable, fearlessness, flexibility, forgiveness, gen ...[text shortened]... ved or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
    Nice list of words.

What do you think Christian morals are and how would they differ from a non-Christian's?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:15
    What are they?
    "Who are they?" is maybe what you mean.
    My ultimate "yardstick" (so to speak) is Jesus Christ.

Do you really want to talk about this?
    I suspect you may just be kind of grumbling.

I don't sweat and strive to live UP to Jesus Christ. I learn to let Jesus Christ live in me.
    He is available.

The avaliability of Jesus Christ IS the good news.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:341 edit
    Nice list of words.

What do you think Christian morals are and how would they differ from a non-Christian's?

A lot of the moral sentiments are the same. Things which bother the conscience of Christians may often bother the conscience of atheists as well, and visa- versa.

I would not try to labor that much on differences at this point.
    Many more of the ideas of goodness are the same.

Here are some differences:

1.) The normal Christian life realizes whatever the morals, " I have failed. "
    The Atheist may not realize that he has failed. "But the OTHER guy! He has failed."

2.) The normal Christian is convicted that his failure is consequential before God.
    The Atheist, even if he suspects he had failed - C'mon, its not that big of a deal.

3.) The normal Christian realizes that God's love and God's judgment coordinate together.
    The Atheist suspects that if there IS any God He has to be either one or the other, not both.

4.) The normal Christian accepts that he was judged on the cross of Calvary in Christ's death.
    The Atheist suspects that that is just a cope out. And its impossible anyway.

5.) The normal Christian sees that it was God as a man who gave His life for the sinners justification.
    The Atheist can't see that there is God period let alone God come as a man.
    (But there is hope)

6.) The normal Christian realizes that even if from TODAY onward if he should live perfectly, it does not atone for the sins of the past.
    The Atheist thinks "Give me just one more day. I'll get it together". The past crimes don't matter that much. Like whose really keeping a record ?

7.) The normal Christian realizes that he needs Jesus to live in him.
    The Atheist views this as a cope out, supernatural and superstitious - impossible.

8.) The normal Christian realizes that he cannot make it without Jesus.
    The Atheist thinks he cannot make it with Jesus or God. That's an impediment.

9.) The normal Christian realizes God just wants him to believe in Christ.
    The Atheist suspects money is being chased after or God wants him to grovel and beg for something.

10.) The normal Christ keeps her eyes on the present and available Jesus Christ.
    The Atheist keeps her eyes fastened on reasons for cynicism of Christ from the history of religion.

Ten is a good round number to stop here.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 20:24
    Originally posted by @sonship

A lot of the moral sentiments are the same. Things which bother the conscience of Christians may often bother the conscience of atheists as well, and visa- versa.

I would not try to labor that much on differences at this point.
    Many more of the ...[text shortened]... r cynicism of Christ from the history of religion.

Ten is a good round number to stop here.
    Who is this guy you know that calls himself "The Atheist"?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 20:43
    Who is this guy you know that calls himself an atheist when you ask -

?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 23:46
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Who is this guy you know that calls himself an atheist when you ask -

[b]?
    [/b]
    Do you talk about "The Atheist" when you are comparing a non-Hindu to a Hindu?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 03:45
    If wolfgang59 does not agree with any of the claims made about "The Atheist", maybe he should say so.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 04:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 17:14
    What are they?
    Half (!) of the fabled commandments are about how to be a good slave.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 23:59
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If wolfgang59 does not agree with any of the claims made about "The Atheist", maybe he should say so.
    I cannot comment as I do not know "The Atheist".
    Is that a stage name or something?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 00:00
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Half (!) of the fabled commandments are about how to be a good slave.
    Providing I get the washing up done I don't get into trouble.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 15:02
    Providing I get the washing up done I don't get into trouble.
    The other half are about morals even kindergartners understand, with one or two for the post-adolescents.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 06:35
    This thread seems a decent one to explain what is the difference between being under law and being under grace.

Christians are called to be under grace not under even the best CODE human or divine by way of self effort - self improvement - gritting of the teeth to DO the right thing.

I would say the morals of the believe in Christ is the Person of Christ allowed to LIVE again in her or him. Letting the indwelling Christ be his spontaneous actions and attitudes.

Christ the available One living in him as the Spirit of Christ can be everything needed and the highest level of morality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree