Bessings 🙂
  2. The sky
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 16:40
    Originally posted by telerion
    a) the list would take a very long time for me to put together
    b) your logic, grammar, and/or historical events are horrible confused
    Prays Jesus!
    c) for me, twice. Once when I was young (similar background to you) and then again just a week ago after a long stint of atheistic rebellion.
    I sea u starts slipping agan. Ur speling and grammer has becomed mutch gooder then it was just dais ago. If u r not carefull u start making sence next. Pennt and repennt!
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 16:45
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I sea u starts slipping agan. Ur speling and grammer has becomed mutch gooder then it was just dais ago. If u r not carefull u start making sence next. Pennt and repennt!
    Thank you bruther fur holeding me akontuble this wahk iz hurd.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 20:15
    Thank you bruther fur holeding me akontuble this wahk iz hurd.
    I believe the word you are looking for is werk, not wahk (excepting, of course, if youse is from New Yawk).
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    Surely I will. The simplest most concise answer is the following: Catholicism is a work-based religion, and Christianity is a faith-based relationship. Hopefully, that should suffice in clarification. But if it doesn't or you don't agree, I would be glad to go more in depth,because I'm not exactly sure where your standpoint on things are. If I remember corretly, from a previous message, you term yourself as agnostic? Thanks for your time.
    The main difference between Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, and to a certain degree Anglicanism (the via media) on the one hand—and Protestantism on the other—has little to do with “faith versus works,” or iconography, or veneration of saints, etc. The difference is that the former preserved the “patristic tradition” (originally largely oral in form, similar to the Oral Torah of rabbinical Judaism), whereas the latter threw it out, following Luther’s principle of sola scriptura.

The result is the loss of the hermeneutical principles outlined by the “fathers” for scriptural exegesis (which seem to be remarkably broad, and “midrashic” in character), as well as a marked tendency among protestants toward biblical idolatry—treating the canonical collection of writings as a single “book,” the self-interpreting “Word of God.” (If by that phrase is meant the logos of God, then the idolatry seems pretty straightforward; the logos of God, expressed as human form, is ho Christos, the Christ.)
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 00:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I believe the word you are looking for is werk, not wahk (excepting, of course, if youse is from New Yawk).
    Iz a wahk. you no. liek the won you kouk with. I am wahking with CHRIST nowe
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 00:43
    Iz a wahk. you no. liek the won you kouk with. I am wahking with CHRIST nowe
    Just don't try walking on the water(cress).
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:04
    nis
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:291 edit
    Ell! E’s already spaking in tangs!

(EDIT: Apologies to those for whom that is a serious spiritual practice...)
  10. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 09:41
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The main difference between Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, and to a certain degree Anglicanism (the via media) on the one hand—and Protestantism on the other—has little to do with “faith versus works,” or iconography, or veneration of saints, etc. The difference is that the former preserved the “patristic tradition” (originally largely oral in form, ...[text shortened]... htforward; the logos of God, expressed as human form, is ho Christos, the Christ.)
    Wait now- how did you manage to sneak an intelligent post in here? Shame on you.
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 09:43

Dat ees beetur.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:05

And, for those who hold tangs to be dead, that may cause quite a stir(fry).
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:11
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Poor kid. What is it you Yanks say:

'His mouth is writing him cheques his ass can't cash'?

To quote Basil Fawlty, 'It's all about bottoms with you Americans, isn't it?'.

Still, a nice phrase for this situation. He's confused and full of nonsense someone's pumped into him- and an inherited complex of inferiority no doubt.
    Rec'd for mentioning Basil Fawlty!

TheSkipper
  14. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    For my own clarification, I would like to know (a) who exactly is a Christian here (b) how do you know you are one and (c) when did this decision specifically occur?

What I don't want is the "I'm a good person" or "I've gone to church my whole life" or "I'm Catholic". Christians will know what I'm talking about and can distinguish the difference in bei ...[text shortened]... you my brethren for answering. May grace and peace fill you will all joy and comfort.
    a) I am.
    b) I know that I am a Christian because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am forever his servant of faith.
    c) Actually, I made this decision a couple of months ago, and I have been growing in my faith ever since....

I'm 15....
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:43
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    a) I am.
    b) I know that I am a Christian because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am forever his servant of faith.
    c) Actually, I made this decision a couple of months ago, and I have been growing in my faith ever since....

I'm 15....
    Take your time: it's a long road.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree