1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 03:29
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Take your time: it's a long road.
    Well said—a wise and worthy motto! Rec’d. (That’s why I like ya, Freaky!)
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 03:42
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    For my own clarification, I would like to know (a) who exactly is a Christian here (b) how do you know you are one and (c) when did this decision specifically occur?

What I don't want is the "I'm a good person" or "I've gone to church my whole life" or "I'm Catholic". Christians will know what I'm talking about and can distinguish the difference in bei ...[text shortened]... you my brethren for answering. May grace and peace fill you will all joy and comfort.
    No
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 05:48
    Originally posted by xpoferens
    The KJV translates the word "Hades" as "Hell", however, Hades means and meant a different thing for the inspired writers (the kingdom of the unseen). The word "Gehenna" yes, should be translated as "Hell".
    Er. The Creed is NOT in the Bible. It was written significantly afterwards, so any
    reference to hell/hades/sheol/whatever in the Scriptures would have no bearing on what
    the authors of the Creed were trying to communicate.

Nemesio
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 05:51
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    Catholicism is a work-based religion, and Christianity is a faith-based relationship.
    You have woefully misinterpreted Catholicism and Christianity if you believe this.
  5. Lisbon
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 06:04
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Er. The Creed is NOT in the Bible. It was written significantly afterwards, so any
    reference to hell/hades/sheol/whatever in the Scriptures would have no bearing on what

Nemesio
    Nemesio,

Could you please tell me what Creed are you talking about?

Regards
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 06:11
    Originally posted by xpoferens
    Nemesio,

Could you please tell me what Creed are you talking about?

Regards
    Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem; Creatorem coeli et terrae.

Et in Jesum Christum, Filium ejus unicum, Dominum nostrum; qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria virgine; passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus; descendit ad inferna; tertia die resurrexit a mortuis; ascendit ad coelos; sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis; inde venturus (est) judicare vivos et mortuos.

Credo in Spiritum Sanctum; sanctam ecclesiam catholicam; sanctorum communionem; remissionem peccatorum; carnis resurrectionem; vitam oeternam. Amen.
  7. Lisbon
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 06:16
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem; Creatorem coeli et terrae.

Et in Jesum Christum, Filium ejus unicum, Dominum nostrum; qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria virgine; passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus; descendit ad inferna; tertia die resurrexit a mortuis; ascendit ad coelos; sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipote ...[text shortened]... cam; sanctorum communionem; remissionem peccatorum; carnis resurrectionem; vitam oeternam. Amen.
    Gratia 🙂
  8. Lisbon
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 06:21
    Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
    Hi Nemesio,

I wrote:

The KJV translates the word "Hades" as "Hell", however, Hades means and meant a different thing for the inspired writers (the kingdom of the unseen). The word "Gehenna" yes, should be translated as "Hell".

What does that have to do with the Creed?

All these words are in the Bible, which was completed within the first century.

Regards

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree