Christian Sex

Christian Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
If it bothers you unbelievers so much how I refer to the Last book of THE WORD OF GOD, I am honored. Honored how it bothers you, that I donot spell or worship GOD in the way that you unbelievers feel that I should. If you would have done the proper research you would have found out that I am right. But who would expect that from any of you. The last book of The BIBLE was known as REVELATIONS a lot longer then it has been known by REVELATION.
Care to give us a link supporting your claim that someone recently changed the name of the last book of the New Testament from Revelations to Revelation? I can't seem to find that tidbit anywhere.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Care to give us a link supporting your claim that someone recently changed the name of the last book of the New Testament from Revelations to Revelation? I can't seem to find that tidbit anywhere.
I thought you claimed you weren't into semantics, marauder ?

Oops, you're correct ... as usual .... it is spelling .... eek !!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
I thought you claimed you weren't into semantics, marauder ?

Oops, you're correct ... as usual .... it is spelling .... eek !!
It, of course, has nothing to do with semantics or spelling, but with blindfaith's claim that he is so knowledgeable about the WORD OF GOD. If he had simply admitted he had made an error in the spelling, I'm sure Wulebgr and I would have dropped the "issue" immediately. Instead, he stubbornly insists he's right anyway and all Bibles are wrong. This seems to be part of the fundie belief that only they can truly understand Scripture.

What is the name of the last chapter in the New Testament of your Bible, Ivanhoe?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 05

If it bothers you unbelievers so much how I refer to the Last book of THE WORD OF GOD, I am honored. Honored how it bothers you, that I donot spell or worship GOD in the way that you unbelievers feel that I should. If you would have done the proper research you would have found out that I am right. But who would expect that from any of you. The last book of The BIBLE was known as REVELATIONS a lot longer then it has been known by REVELATION.
Funny, it wasn't known as that by the guy who wrote it:

REVELATION 1:1: 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;

Ever actually read it, BF?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
09 Dec 05

The last book of The BIBLE was known as REVELATIONS a lot longer then it has been known by REVELATION.
Wrong again. Where do you get this drivel?

Read it in Greek. The word translated as "revelation" in the first verse is apokalupsis, or apocalypse in English. That's why many Bibles indicate "The Apocalypse" as an alternate book title on the first page. Indeed, it is by that name that the book has been known for most of the history of the Church. The word apokalupsis means an unveiling. The structure of John's Apocalypse reveals layers of veils, removed one by one.

I've heard many people refer to the book as "Revelations" for as long as I can remember. Most quickly acknowledge the error when they are corrected.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
09 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I've heard many people refer to the book as "Revelations" for as long as I can remember. Most quickly acknowledge the error when they are corrected.
LOL!

Good luck!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Wrong again. Where do you get this drivel?

Read it in Greek. The word translated as "revelation" in the first verse is apokalupsis, or apocalypse in English. That's why many Bibles indicate "The Apocalypse" as an alternate book title on the first page. Indeed, it is by that name that the book has been known for most of the history of the Churc ...[text shortened]... ons" for as long as I can remember. Most quickly acknowledge the error when they are corrected.
Since you are not a "Christian", you must be wrong. If blindfaith says it's REVELATIONS with a "s", the Holy Spirit must have informed him personally so that's the way it is. The billion or so Bibles in circulation are all in grievous error or, more likely, non-believers can't see the "s" at the end of the word as it's part of the "mystery doctrine".

W
Angler

River City

Moves
10 Dec 05

Since you are not a "Christian", you must be wrong. If blindfaith says it's REVELATIONS with a "s", the Holy Spirit must have informed him personally so that's the way it is. The billion or so Bibles in circulation are all in grievous error or, more likely, non-believers can't see the "s" at the end of the word as it's part of the "mystery doctrine".
Amen.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Dec 05

non-believers can't see the "s" at the end of the word as it's part of the "mystery doctrine".
Another smashing victory in the shallow end of the pool.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Another smashing victory in the shallow end of the pool.
Find me some non-simple minded "Christians" and I'll gladly smack them around some, too.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Dec 05

Find me some non-simple minded "Christians" and I'll gladly smack them around some, too.
If this is what it takes to keep you off the streets, then I say, smack away. People in your neighborhood certainly don't need you behind the wheel of a car (you are old enough to drive, right?).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Dec 05

If this is what it takes to keep you off the streets, then I say, smack away. People in your neighborhood certainly don't need you behind the wheel of a car (you are old enough to drive, right?).
NOYFB.

I admit it does tickle me pink to have a fool like blindfaith, who is constantly preaching about his vast knowledge of the WORD OF GOD, be caught in such a ridiculous error. It's even more hilarious that he cannot admit he was wrong as that would apparently cause his entire belief system to collapse. You have to concede that the whole thing is more amusing than all the Adam Sandler movies put together.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Dec 05

NOYFB.

You have to concede that the whole thing is more amusing than all the Adam Sandler movies put together.
I'll concede nothing of the sort.
Adam Sandler is a genius; how dare you besmirch his good name.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Dec 05

I'll concede nothing of the sort.
Adam Sandler is a genius; how dare you besmirch his good name.
You're sicker than I thought.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Dec 05

tickle me pink
Need I remind you?