1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 21:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    NOYFB.

I admit it does tickle me pink to have a fool like blindfaith, who is constantly preaching about his vast knowledge of the WORD OF GOD, be caught in such a ridiculous error. It's even more hilarious that he cannot admit he was wrong as that would apparently cause his entire belief system to collapse. You have to concede that the whole thing is more amusing than all the Adam Sandler movies put together.
    It is amusing that those that know nothing about GOD donot know the difference between REVELATIONS and REVELATION. Nor can they do their own research.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 22:38
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    It is amusing that those that know nothing about GOD donot know the difference between REVELATIONS and REVELATION. Nor can they do their own research.
    I'm assuming you are referring to the likes of Donald Guthrie with this nonsense. He's the author of New Testament Introduction (1970), and was lecturer in New Testament and vice principal of London Bible College. He refers to the last book in the Bible as the Apocalypse consistentlt through most of his chapter on it, after discussing the name in the opening paragraphs. The name "Revelations" does not come up, BTW, as the term was not used until unschooled fools who are minimally literate started putting themselves as Bible "scholars" to the exclusion of everyone with bona fide training.

As has been demonstrated more than once here, there are several of us who are are capable of reading the New Testament in Greek, as well as several other languages, yet you prefer the internal guidance you feel comes from the Holy Spirit. I fear that your errors have shown themselves to be of such severity as to indicate the very strong possibility that you are possessed by one of more demons. If you love God, you should immediately seek the help of an exorcist.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 06:50
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I fear that your errors have shown themselves to be of such severity as to indicate the very strong possibility that you are possessed by one of more demons.
    Scholar of the Greek NT, yet poffering how a believer can be demon possessed? I see.
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 07:21
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    How can you argue with the printed text in the table of contents in your
    Bible? How can you continue to maintain that it says 'Revelations' when
    it says no such thing? How can you pretend it says something which is
    not reflected in the original?

How can you continue to pretend you are right when nothing supports your
    claim?

Nemesio
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 16:24
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Scholar of the Greek NT, yet poffering how a believer can be demon possessed? I see.
    proffer

I am not a scholar of the NT, nor of Greek. I did take one year of NT Greek at my church, and because I was foolish enough to mention this in casual conversation, was compelled to work with a Greek text of Plato's Phaedrus, when I was writing a paper on it in graduate school.

I am a scholar of American culture, and American religion is an interest. I respect scholarship. Clearly, blindfaith101 is not a scholar of anything, and does not respect scholarship. He gets his information from the leaders of his cult, who I suspect are not well-acquainted with scholarship.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 19:10
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    How can you continue to pretend you are right when nothing supports your
    claim?

Nemesio
    Isn't that the heart of the spirituality forum--assertions, rooted in faith, that not only lack evidence, but that are contrary to all evidence and to all reason?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:44
    proffer

Missed an 'r,' how gauche.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 02:46
    Isn't that the heart of the spirituality forum--assertions, rooted in faith, that not only lack evidence, but that are contrary to all evidence and to all reason?
    Not all reason, only some. That goes with the territory in any field. What may be considered common sense and reasonable in one field may not apply in another.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:42
    Missed an 'r,' how gauche.
    Or added a p = offer

hard to know
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 19:37
    Not all reason, only some. That goes with the territory in any field. What may be considered common sense and reasonable in one field may not apply in another.
    well said
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 04:19
    well said
    That's quite a reverb you've got going there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree