Christian Sex

Christian Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

USA

Moves
22 Nov 05

Yes there are those that have accepted THE WORD OF GOD. Than they at a later time rejected or turned their back on THE WORD OF GOD.
Umm... last I checked we accepted Jesus Christ the son of God, and people can turn their backs on Jesus or God, but the way you go on it sounds like you are idolizing the actual book and not really fallowing it's Author

J

Adamstown

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
[b]Instead write either "Christians that reject their faith," or "The Christian that rejects his or her faith."

Multiple Personality disorder may be growing in severity, but it is not yet normative. Please demonstrate competent understanding of language before you attempt to instruct others regarding the interpretation of texts.
That they're proofs no ones ain't not gunna put nothing over on you.

J

Adamstown

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
You cannot bring your self to repent again if you have nailed the Son of God to the cross again by rejecting him, holding him up to mocking and to public shame.
HEBREW 6:4-6 TLB[/b]
So, by your extremely limited view of God's grace, Peter is in hell today?
As posted earlier, those who rely on superficial and topical interpretation of the Scripture fall into traps from which they are unable to escape.
Keep hanging on, as tightly and stubbornly as possible. When you reach the end of your strength, when you realize how much you actually hate God, then let go. Then, you'll finally see it is all about God loving us, not us loving Him.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by JVG7
That they're proofs no ones ain't not gunna put nothing over on you.
yep, and well put

🙂😀😉😀🙂

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by specs57
On the contrary God is very willing to forgive those who sin against him even if they once knew him

Luke 15:7(NLT)
In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!

I believe Hebrews 6:4-6 is referring to other people bringing them b ...[text shortened]... world”; it doesn’t mean that it is impossible for those who have strayed away can not come back
And JESUS answering said unto them, they that are whole need not a physican; but they are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. LUKE 5:31,32
Yes JESUS CHRIST Loves us all. But as he said HE is calling mankind to Repentance. If you do not repent from you sins, you will not be saved. That goes for the unbelievers and Pretent to be Christians.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Umm... last I checked we accepted Jesus Christ the son of God, and people can turn their backs on Jesus or God, but the way you go on it sounds like you are idolizing the actual book and not really fallowing it's Author
Use THE WORD OF GOD, to prove your point.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

As posted earlier, those who rely on superficial and topical interpretation of the Scripture fall into traps from which they are unable to escape.
Keep hanging on, as tightly and stubbornly as possible. When you reach the end of your strength, when you realize how much you actually h ...[text shortened]... e God, then let go. Then, you'll finally see it is all about God loving us, not us loving Him.
I believe that all of the Saved are asleep in their graves, but are in the arms of GOD at the same time. They have not yet begunn to enjoy the new life that GOD has promised yet, but will when we all get there.

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Keep hanging on, as tightly and stubbornly as possible. When you reach the end of your strength, when you realize how much you actually h ...[text shortened]... e God, then let go. Then, you'll finally see it is all about God loving us, not us loving Him.
Then I would suggest to you that you get saved. For you are condemning yourself to everlasting damnation. THE WORD OF GOD, says what it means, and means what it says.

s

USA

Moves
22 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
And JESUS answering said unto them, they that are whole need not a physican; but they are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. LUKE 5:31,32
Yes JESUS CHRIST Loves us all. But as he said HE is calling mankind to Repentance. If you do not repent from you sins, you will not be saved. That goes for the unbelievers and Pretent to be Christians.
Just because you are a Christian doesn’t mean you don't sin anymore.

And yes Jesus came to seek out the lost but that doesn't mean he'll condemn you because you messed up; he is merciful you know

b

Moves
22 Nov 05

Just because you are a Christian doesn’t mean you don't sin anymore.

And yes Jesus came to seek out the lost but that doesn't mean he'll condemn you because you messed up; he is merciful you know
Yes I sin, I as a Believer have the opportunity to Repent from those sins, and ask GOD for forgiveness, and HE will. Not only will HE forgive me, HE will not hold me accountable for my sins. Thats part of the Saving power of CHRIST.

s

USA

Moves
22 Nov 05

Amen

s

USA

Moves
22 Nov 05

Then, you'll finally see it is all about God loving us, not us loving Him.[/b]
It is actually about both God loving us and us loving him

You must have a working relationship with God

s

USA

Moves
22 Nov 05

Essentially what you are saying, is that anyone who once believing in Christ, decides to not pursue that faith, will be treated as an unbeliever, i.e., cast into the lake of fire.
So, in other words, the efficacious work of Christ, once satisfactory for salvation when mixed with the non-meritorious faith of the believer can become ineffective?
I trust the arr ...[text shortened]... by me cannot take away my salvation, once gained.
Faith alone in Christ alone equals salvation.
Yes it is true that faith= salvation, but the fact that you are saved should lead you to want to become more Christ like and thus do more good works

To truly become saved you must start a relationship with God, and I in my experience with this relationship find it very hard to believe that anyone who has experienced it could possibly turn away and say it never happened. So thus to say that someone believed and then suddenly didn’t really states that they never really did

I do however believe that someone can turn away from Gods will and then, by God's grace, come back to him again

TCE

Colorado

Moves
23 Nov 05

Question, how does any Christian know that they are saved?

This is the standard the Jesus sets.

Matt 5:48 “Be yee therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect.”

This is what many Christians say, we are hopless sinners.

This is what the scripture says that we know about God's judgments.

Romans 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"

This is what many Christians say, "We know that God will send us to Heaven."

So how do Christians know that they meet Jesus' criteria and are saved?

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

God's will is perfect right?

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Question, how does any Christian know that they are saved?

This is the standard the Jesus sets.

Matt 5:48 “Be yee therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect.”

This is what many Christians say, we are hopless sinners.

This is what the scripture says that we know about God's judgments.

Romans 11:33 "O the d ...[text shortened]... en; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

God's will is perfect right?
FAITH
Please read HEBREW 11:1 thru 12:29