1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 14:13
    Many Christians do seem to support Zionism. They often refer to "Genesis 12:3" in the bible as reason for that support.

What wording in the bible endorses Israel? Who wrote it?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 14:57
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Many Christians do seem to support Zionism. They often refer to "Genesis 12:3" in the bible as reason for that support.

What wording in the bible endorses Israel? Who wrote it?
    The entire Bible almost is about the Jews. The book of Ezekiel in particular contains prophesies of the Jews return to Palestine.

If by Zionism you mean the right of return to Palestine then the Koran also supports that view. It says Allah gave the land of Palestine to the children of Jacob.

The fact that the Jews returned despite being surrounded by hostile Arab forces and far more powerful than them [in 1948 at least], and the fact that there is no force that can now move them should tell you something.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 16:53
    Many Christians do seem to support Zionism.
    Its mostly because they think it will hasten the end of the world.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 17:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The entire Bible almost is about the Jews. The book of Ezekiel in particular contains prophesies of the Jews return to Palestine.

If by Zionism you mean the right of return to Palestine then the Koran also supports that view. It says Allah gave the land of Palestine to the children of Jacob.

The fact that the Jews returned despite being surrounded by ...[text shortened]... at least], and the fact that there is no force that can now move them should tell you something.
    it's a myth that the arabs were more powerful than them. the arabs were weaker.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 17:04

The fact that the Jews returned despite being surrounded by ...[text shortened]... at least], and the fact that there is no force that can now move them should tell you something.
    Isn't the bible primarily written by Jews? That would explain a lot of leanings in favor of them.

Zionism is creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. Right to do so has nothing to do with it that I am aware of, but maybe Jews have their own definition of the word that inserts the word "right".

When Jews started to migrate to Palestine Arabs were not instantly hostile to them. There were already some Jews living there before the migration that was encouraged by the British Empire. The hostility was more gradual than you imply and not being able to move them now just says they armed themselves well, although I'm sure the British and USA helped a lot there.

I don't know what the Koran says but I doubt it is as straight forward as you make it seem. Who is Jacob and who is his father and his father's father?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 17:24
    Isn't the bible primarily written by Jews? That would explain a lot of leanings in favor of them.

Zionism is creation of a Jewish state in Palestine. Right to do so has nothing to do with it that I am aware of, but maybe Jews have their own definition of the word that inserts the word "right".

When Jews started to migrate to Palestine Arabs were no ...[text shortened]... t forward as you make it seem. Who is Jacob and who is his father and his father's father?
    As it stands the Jews are there to stay .. end of story.

Do some research on who Jacobs ancestry is. You dont need to ask that on a forum.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 18:48
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it's a myth that the arabs were more powerful than them. the arabs were weaker.
    I think that you having brain is a myth. 😏
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 20:42
    As it stands the Jews are there to stay .. end of story.

Do some research on who Jacobs ancestry is. You dont need to ask that on a forum.
    I think you are a liar. If the Koran really supported Jews occupying Palestine it would be an endless discussion on talk radio and news programs.

You are full of it!
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 20:55
    I think you are a liar. If the Koran really supported Jews occupying Palestine it would be an endless discussion on talk radio and news programs.

You are full of it!
    I am only a humble lurker on this but found the following which presents a rationalization of certain Suras with the stated premise. Other readings may possibly be more in the mainstream of Islamic thought, explaining why it isn't big news. Note that the comments at that link are more heated than ours usually get.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?176-The-Quran-Supports-a-Jewish-State!!-Wow!

"People assume that the Koran (Q'aran - Muslim holy scriptures) has anti-Israel passages. While there is no doubt some level of anti-Jewish sentiment in the Koran, there are many passages that are actually in support of a Jewish state of Israel! The following are eleven passages showing the support for a Jewish state in the Muslim holy scriptures."

It goes on to detail the reasoning.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 21:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    I am only a humble lurker on this but found the following which presents a rationalization of certain Suras with the stated premise. Other readings may possibly be more in the mainstream of Islamic thought, explaining why it isn't big news. Note that the comments at that link are more heated than ours usually get.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?1 ...[text shortened]... rt for a Jewish state in the Muslim holy scriptures."

It goes on to detail the reasoning.
    I found something similar to what you did, but the website of the link below have stated goals that make the source of info questionable at best.

http://www.meforum.org/2462/the-quran-israel-not-for-jews

The problem is that the Middle East Forum is biased to promote American interests in the middle east. Below is what I clipped from the website:

Mission

The Middle East Forum promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects the Constitutional order from Middle Eastern threats.

The Forum sees the region — with its profusion of dictatorships, radical ideologies, existential conflicts, border disagreements, corruption, political violence, and weapons of mass destruction — as a major source of problems for the United States. Accordingly, it urges active measures to protect Americans and their allies.

U.S. interests in the Middle East include fighting radical Islam; working for Palestinian acceptance of Israel; robustly asserting U.S. interests vis-à-vis Saudi Arabia; developing strategies to deal with Iraq and contain Iran; and monitoring the advance of Islamism in Turkey.

Domestically, the Forum combats lawful Islamism; protects the freedom of public speech of anti-Islamist authors, activists, and publishers; and works to improve Middle East studies in North America.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 22:49

You are full of it!
    You need to listen to christian radio NOT main stream radio then you will understand more about the Jews being there in Palestine. Yes the Koran does say that the land is the jews.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 23:051 edit

You are full of it!
    You just think that Im a liar but you could be wrong. I know for a fact that you dont know what the Koran contains.

Endless discussion on talk shows ? Is that your defense for not taking the trouble to check the the references in the Koran for yourself? Its all over the internet, and the Koran is online. Read it for yourself.

Imagine JS357, who had very little knowledge of what the Koran contains in this regard, took the trouble to do a bit of research which probably took less time that it takes to drink a beer, and he managed to make an intelligent contribution to this thread.

Take a hint .. do a bit of research and improve your knowledge.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 23:411 edit
    Or you could just answer his freaking question.

Jacob is also known as "Israel". Jacob's father is Isaac, and Isaac's father is Abraham.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 23:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Or you could just answer his freaking question.

Jacob is also known as "Israel". Jacob's father is Isaac, and Isaac's father is Abraham.
    Thanks.

Now I know he is Abraham's grandson. That makes a lot of sense.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 00:01
    You just think that Im a liar but you could be wrong. I know for a fact that you dont know what the Koran contains.

Endless discussion on talk shows ? Is that your defense for not taking the trouble to check the the references in the Koran for yourself? Its all over the internet, and the Koran is online. Read it for yourself.

Imagine JS357, who had ...[text shortened]... contribution to this thread.

Take a hint .. do a bit of research and improve your knowledge.
    You could provide me with a link like most people on here. Is that so hard? I do it for others all of the time. Now that I know he is the grandson of Abraham it makes sense that would be in the bible, but the Quran? That is a different matter.

I actually replied to JS357 with a better link, but the source is also questionable as I explain in that post. It is just another interpretation thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree