Christian Syntax Discussion Board

Christian Syntax Discussion Board

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
10 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
One could argue that a moral being (like man) is "fitter" than an amoral being. So, by rejecting human morality, they are becoming less "fit", not more.
Top post!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Nov 05

Here's a simple reason - by teaching that man is a highly evolved creature, one could argue that human morality is superior to animal morality (or lack thereof). Therefore, the Columbine killers would be abandoning their 'superior' humanity to return to 'inferior' bestiality in killing their fellow-pupils.
Very H.G. Wells. The Island of Doctor Moreau.

Moves
10 Nov 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Both you and Hitler confuse force and use of violence with the concept of fitness.
So you think that if this confused Hitler the kids at school will not be confused by this?

Moves
10 Nov 05

Both you and Hitler confuse force and use of violence with the concept of fitness.
Me thinks the kids that conducted the Collumbine Massacre were also confused by this!

It's such a pitty that you weren't there to explain the difference to them!

Moves
10 Nov 05
2 edits

double post.

Moves
10 Nov 05

Here's a simple reason - by teaching that man is a highly evolved creature, one could argue that human morality is superior to animal morality (or lack thereof). Therefore, the Columbine killers would be abandoning their 'superior' humanity to return to 'inferior' bestiality in killing their fellow-pupils.
Would you mind showing this quote to me from the kids Science textbooks?

a

Meddling with things

Moves
10 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Me thinks the kids that conducted the Collumbine Massacre were also confused by this!

It's such a pitty that you weren't there to explain the difference to them!
So the masacre was nothing to do with the low self esteem in which they held themselves and there school mates coupled with the easy availabilty of powerful weapons in the US? You may disagree with evolution but to start laying moral evil at its door is very stupid.

Personally I believe the masacre was prompted by fundamentalist christians working through the NRA

a

Meddling with things

Moves
10 Nov 05

Would you mind showing this quote to me from the kids Science textbooks?
Read them or are we in the realms of mind-bogglingly stupid assertion.

Moves
10 Nov 05

So the masacre was nothing to do with the low self esteem in which they held themselves and there school mates coupled with the easy availabilty of powerful weapons in the US? You may disagree with evolution but to start laying moral evil at its door is very stupid.

Personally I believe the masacre was prompted by fundamentalist christians working through the NRA
I am not saying the the TOE was the sole motive behind the killings. But throw the TOE into a cup with low self esteem and the easy availability of powerful weapons and you've got yourself the most deadly combinations...

Moves
10 Nov 05

Read them or are we in the realms of mind-bogglingly stupid assertion.
You guys were asserting that this is what the kids are taught. The burden of proof lies with you.

Moves
10 Nov 05

I'm writing an exam tomorrow so I'll have to leave you.

I'll be back though...

a

Meddling with things

Moves
10 Nov 05

You guys were asserting that this is what the kids are taught. The burden of proof lies with you.
I asserted nothing of the sort

a

Meddling with things

Moves
10 Nov 05
1 edit

I'm writing an exam tomorrow so I'll have to leave you.

I'll be back though...
Try to use evidence in your answers rather than unsupported assertions.

Revise hard tonight and good luck (the better your revision the luckier you'll be)

Moves
10 Nov 05
1 edit

I asserted nothing of the sort
LH asserted this and you agreed with him.

Edit: I told you I'll be back 😉

Moves
10 Nov 05

Try to use evidence in your answers rather than unsupported assertions.

Revise hard tonight and good luck (the better your revision the luckier you'll be)
You mean with my exams?

Thanks 😉