1. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:08
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Don't be such a dunce. If you honestly intend to support such a view, I will be forced to abandon what little respect I have left for you. This really is the most appallingly retarded thing I've heard from you to date.
    Starrman, I beg you, bail out of this now while you still have your senses and before your head explodes.
  2. London
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:08
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If you teach children that they are apes, will you be surprised if they go ape?

Edit: There are soooo many other reasons... Now are you gonna answer my question and just give me [b]one
    reason?[/b]
    Here's a simple reason - by teaching that man is a highly evolved creature, one could argue that human morality is superior to animal morality (or lack thereof). Therefore, the Columbine killers would be abandoning their 'superior' humanity to return to 'inferior' bestiality in killing their fellow-pupils.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:13
    What? Like this whole thread.......what?!
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    [b]And what's wrong with teaching evolution in schools?

Does the Columbine Massacre ring a bell?[/b]
    The idea that this horrific act of violence is not only irrational. it is evil. Only a wicked heart could suggest this.

DJ, you need to get right with your maker. Repent.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Here's a simple reason - by teaching that man is a highly evolved creature, one could argue that human morality is superior to animal morality (or lack thereof). Therefore, the Columbine killers would be abandoning their 'superior' humanity to return to 'inferior' bestiality in killing their fellow-pupils.
    But why would this discourage them? I thought natural selection had to do with survival of the fittest?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    Originally posted by darvlay
    LMAO! You can't be serious!

What fucking planet are you from?
    Recced for fighting shameless stupidity with shameless profanity.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:14
    If you teach children that they are apes, will you be surprised if they go ape?

Edit: There are soooo many other reasons... Now are you gonna answer my question and just give me [b]one
    reason?[/b]
    You call that a "reason"? Oh my f-cking God! I can't believe people like you exist. Have I been so naive as to assume you have a small amount of intelligence? I think I have.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:15
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Recced for fighting shameless stupidity with shameless profanity.
    'Tis my shameless speciality.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:19
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The idea that this horrific act of violence is not only irrational. it is evil. Only a wicked heart could suggest this.

DJ, you need to get right with your maker. Repent.
    Those poor kids did not even know what 'evil' was, thanks to the TOE.
  11. London
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:22
    But why would this discourage them? I thought natural selection had to do with survival of the fittest?
    One could argue that a moral being (like man) is "fitter" than an amoral being. So, by rejecting human morality, they are becoming less "fit", not more.
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:233 edits
    One could argue that a moral being (like man) is "fitter" than an amoral being. So, by rejecting human morality, they are becoming less "fit", not more.

You can argue this now. But were these kids taught this at school?

Me thinks the TOE is taught as a scientific theory and the kids have to make up their own morality. I don't know of any occasion where the TOE adresses morality.

Btw: How does the TOE explain morality in the first place?
  14. Meddling with things
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:24
    Both you and Hitler confuse force and use of violence with the concept of fitness.
  15. Meddling with things
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 17:25
    Better standard than the rest of your stuff in this thread

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree