Christian terrorism – the wrath of god

Christian terrorism – the wrath of god

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by rwingett
God created Adam and Eve, in the Garden of Eden, supposedly with free choice, but with no knowledge of good and evil.

God placed the Tree of Knowledge, unguarded and easily accessible, within the Garden of Eden.

God allowed the serpent to beguile Eve into eating from the tree.

It sounds like another setup to me. With those conditions it was only ...[text shortened]... punishing the baby for falling into it. I think most would blame the parent in that scenario.
It sounds like another setup to me.
Your suspicious mind has erred before, I assume. Far from putting a pit of snakes in the Garden, God gave them every pleasant tree, and continually supplied them with the tree of lives. They did not have to choose the system of good and evil. They could have just as readily continued on their original course. The fact they chose otherwise shows they were granted truly free will.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Sep 06

That is simply not true. A murderer (most often) knows he is commiting an evil act and will run the risk of being punished for it. At no time does he think he's contributing the 'the greater good' through his actions. His personal hapiness, perhaps, but not the greater good. Your analogy here is simply ridiculous.

But I see you've opted to quit respondi ...[text shortened]... similarly constrained in his range of choices. Either that or he is simply not omnipotent.
His personal hapiness, perhaps, but not the greater good.
In his mind, his personal happiness is the greater good.

But I see you've opted to quit responding to the question of whether genocide can be justified. Obviously it can't, regardless of the reasons or intentions behind it.
Just laying groundwork.

Arm or die. Life was the best possible good in that particular case. Correct.
From God's perspective, is there anything more important than physical life?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]His personal hapiness, perhaps, but not the greater good.
In his mind, his personal happiness is the greater good.

But I see you've opted to quit responding to the question of whether genocide can be justified. Obviously it can't, regardless of the reasons or intentions behind it.
Just laying groundwork.

Arm or die. Life was the be ...[text shortened]... e. Correct.
From God's perspective, is there anything more important than physical life?[/b]
You bore me, Freaky. Quit 'laying the groundwork' and cut to the chase will you?

In the meantime I have to go to the dentist besause the creator made us with such imperfect tooth enamel. You'd think an all-loving god could have at least made us with more durable teeth. Or was it the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge that caused tooth decay?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Sep 06

You bore me, Freaky. Quit 'laying the groundwork' and cut to the chase will you?

In the meantime I have to go to the dentist besause the creator made us with such imperfect tooth enamel. You'd think an all-loving god could have at least made us with more durable teeth. Or was it the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge that caused tooth decay?
Boring as I may be, I plug away. You'll need to wake up every so often and answer a few questions, if it's not too much trouble. See my previous post once you get back from your little shop of horrors.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Sep 06

"The fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children's teeth are set on edge." Jeremiah

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
"The fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children's teeth are set on edge." Jeremiah
That would explain the weakened enamel.

w

Moves
19 Sep 06

I suppose there very well may be circumstances where killing may be condoned. But drowning virtually the entire popultion of the earth is not one of them. Genocide can never be condoned on any level. That is especially so for a supposedly omnipotent being, who could have accomplished his goals by any number of means that do not involve genocide.
There may be some circumstances worthy of individual deaths but not of many deaths? Do numbers matter? Either one is worthy or death or they are not. Either a group is worthy of death or they are not.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Sep 06

Originally posted by whodey
There may be some circumstances worthy of individual deaths but not of many deaths? Do numbers matter? Either one is worthy or death or they are not. Either a group is worthy of death or they are not.
Killing a would-be murderer in self defense is one example where an individual death may be justified. Killing almost the entire population of a planet can never be justified on any grounds, regardless of the divinity of the perpetrator.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Sep 06

From God's perspective, is there anything more important than physical life?
How should I know? Assuming that he even exists, I don't claim to know what god's perspective is. It is frequently claimed that he is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. But the available evidence rather convincingly undercuts this claim. This leads us to two possible positions:

1. That particular most likely god does not exist.

2. The people putting forward the purported properties of god simply don't know what they're talking about, but some god(s) could still exist in some other undefined form.

w

Moves
19 Sep 06
2 edits

Killing a would-be murderer in self defense is one example where an individual death may be justified. Killing almost the entire population of a planet can never be justified on any grounds, regardless of the divinity of the perpetrator.
Perhaps this is why he spared Adam and Eve? In fact, he spared the entire human race by allowing them to continue to exist. He did not have to do so. Adam and Eve were warned of the consequences but ignored them.

You see where you only see one man, God sees a multitude yet to appear.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Sep 06

How should I know? Assuming that he even exists, I don't claim to know what god's perspective is. It is frequently claimed that he is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. But the available evidence rather convincingly undercuts this claim. This leads us to two possible positions:

1. That particular most likely god does not exist.

2. The people ...[text shortened]... what they're talking about, but some god(s) could still exist in some other undefined form.
Let's stay on point. Given what has been said of God, what do you suppose He would consider as more important than a man's physical life?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
20 Sep 06

Let's say you have a rotten tooth that is causing you a lot of pain. And it is so rotten that the infection has gotten into your bloodstream and caused you to be septic with a high temperature. To complicate things, your dentist knows you to be non-complaint with brushing your teeth. They are all at risk for rotting. Your dentist suggests that all your teeth come out in addition to the one bad one that is causing your current problems. He feels your life will be lived better without further complications from problems with your teeth.

Anyway, how did it go at the dentist today?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
20 Sep 06

Originally posted by ChristTerror
Killed by God, in one day, for premarital sex (1 Corinthians 10:8)
23,000 dead

Killed, at God's behest, for not giving God his due (Exodus 32:26-28)
3,000 dead

Killed for being counted by David (1 Chronicles 21:1-14)
70,000 dead

Killed by God for questioning Moses and Aaron (Numbers 16:35)
14,950 dead

Killed by God, in a plague, for whor ...[text shortened]... ark

Comply or spend eternity in hell (Rom. 6:23, Rev. 19:ll-15; 20:8)

CHRISTIAN TERRORISM
This is also the Jewish God to.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 06

Let's stay on point. Given what has been said of God, what do you suppose He would consider as more important than a man's physical life?
Pretty much anything since the OT Monster God is a sociopath.

S

Moves
20 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Let's say you have a rotten tooth that is causing you a lot of pain. And it is so rotten that the infection has gotten into your bloodstream and caused you to be septic with a high temperature. To complicate things, your dentist knows you to be non-complaint with brushing your teeth. They are all at risk for rotting. Your dentist suggests that all you ...[text shortened]... her complications from problems with your teeth.

Anyway, how did it go at the dentist today?
The analogy fails because God had the choice, upon creating all the teeth, gums, jawbones etc. to make them impervious to infection. He knew the teeth would get infected and not only made them capable of becoming so, but also took it upon himself to extract them.