Christian Tolerance

Christian Tolerance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
28 Dec 16

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm talking about obesity. Keep up.
According to many obesity is the same thing as overweight.

E

Moves
28 Dec 16

The argument runs like this -

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.” Proverbs 28:7 declares, “He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.” Proverbs 23:2 proclai ...[text shortened]... ther than allowing them to control us.

https://www.gotquestions.org/gluttony-sin.html
Obesity is not gluttony, it is a lack of balance between burning off calories vs intake perhaps over many years.

Anything from the new testament? What goes into the body is unimportant.

F

Moves
29 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yeah so serious you have not even read the Royal commissions report....
Every time you blurt this out it's like you're inadvertently flagging a question or observation of mine to which you have no honest answer to offer. You think you are throwing up a smokescreen but in fact you are simply drawing attention specifically to the points you are unable or unwilling to address. Of course, your deflections, and gimmicks, and dodges are very much part of the discourse, whether you like or not, and every time you react and behave the way you do, it becomes an integral part of how your moral persona here is defined.

Anyway, here is the Royal Commission's Report of Case Study No. 29: "The response of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to allegations of child sexual abuse".

https://we.tl/vkJtBJpKUO

I have also included all the daily transcripts, the witness list, submissions, public notices and the numerous exhibits, many of which I have examined. I also plan to read the Royal Commission's reports on the Catholic and Anglican churches in Australia when they become available.

I am quite interested in this subject (and in your peculiar behaviour whenever you discuss it) because, professionally speaking, I have done quite a bit of work in the field of tackling child abuse (in Indonesia) over the last 10 years, as I have mentioned to you before.

The link will expire after 7 days. There are no pop ups or requests to register; it just quietly downloads the package of documents via your browser.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
According to many obesity is the same thing as overweight.
Obesity is a clinical definition for someone who has a BMI over 30. They are very overweight.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Obesity is not gluttony, it is a lack of balance between burning off calories vs intake perhaps over many years.

Anything from the new testament? What goes into the body is unimportant.
Obesity is a result of being gluttonous with food over many years, just as alcohol addiction is a result of being gluttonous with alcohol over many years.

What goes into the body is unimportant? Can I use heroin and still be a Christian?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 16

Ka-ching!

FMF busted and ProperKnob scavenging about the internet looking for data to substantiate a tabloid style claim. Let the good times Roll! 😵
The Watchtower memo gives detailed instructions on what to do with a brother or sister who has been found guilty by a congregational judicial committee of sexually abusing children. Not once does it mention anything about reporting the individual to the appropriate secular authorities. There's even a section titled - 'What can Elders do to help protect our children?' - You'd think that report confessed child abusers to the police would be high on the list. Instead it's not even mentioned.

The Watchtower even goes as far as monitoring movement of child abusers between congregations and keeping tabs on those who have been found guilty of abusing children who were once in a Society appointed position. Again, no mention of reporting any of this to the appropriate secular authorities, instead Elders are instructed to keep it all secret and report back to the Watchtower in special blue envelopes.

Please explain how this is not a policy of concealment?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 16
1 edit

Ka-ching!

FMF busted and ProperKnob scavenging about the internet looking for data to substantiate a tabloid style claim. Let the good times Roll! 😵
The JW organisation has been fined twice by US courts for refusing to hand over documents pertaining to the sexual abuse of children. How is this not a policy of concealment?

Here in the UK the Watchtower has gone through the courts trying to stop the UK Charity Commison from starting an investigation into how the organisation has handled allegations of child sexual abuse over the years. How is this not a policy of concealment?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Every time you blurt this out it's like you're inadvertently flagging a question or observation of mine to which you have no honest answer to offer. You think you are throwing up a smokescreen but in fact you are simply drawing attention specifically to the points you are unable or unwilling to address. Of course, your deflections, and gimmicks, and dodges are v ...[text shortened]... ps or requests to register; it just quietly downloads the package of documents via your browser.
Caught feigning an interest you now seek to back peddle your way out of it by reading the Royal Commissions report. Forced to confront your wilful ignorance in public after your sham Punch and Judy routine was busted. Exposed making allegations that you could not substantiate and which logic itself took to pieces. Your main weapons of vile allegation and misrepresentation left fluttering in the wind like a transparent plastic bag on a barbed wire fence, a fitting testimony to your pathetic attempt at trolling. Let it be a lesson for all who attempt to confront truth with empty deception and assail logic with lies.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 16
5 edits

The JW organisation has been fined twice by US courts for refusing to hand over documents pertaining to the sexual abuse of children. How is this not a policy of concealment?

Here in the UK the Watchtower has gone through the courts trying to stop the UK Charity Commison from starting an investigation into how the organisation has handled allegations of child sexual abuse over the years. How is this not a policy of concealment?
You posted an article with a claim that the brothers had been instructed for 25 years to withhold information from lawful authorities, where is that evidence.

Here is the claim from the article that you yourself cited.

For more than 25 years, Jehovah’s Witnesses officials have instructed local leaders – known as elders – in all of the religion’s 14,000 U.S. congregations to hide sexual abuse from law enforcement.

Where is the evidence for this claim, Either reproduce it or retract your citation and issue an apology for making allegations that you cannot substantiate.

It appears to me that you are getting your information from rather dubious sources, sources which you yourself don't seem able to corroborate. Well here is your chance. Where is the evidence that for 25 years the brothers were instructed to hide information from law enforcement? Your article claimed it, where is the JW memo instructing the brothers to hide information from law enforcement. Surely you have it?

As for the two cases that you cite, I have not read the court transcripts and I doubt either have you. As for the UK charity commission, where is the evidence that the brothers have gone to court to prevent them from investigating how we as an organisation handle child abuse cases. Is this from the same source that your other rather ill-fated claim came from? You will of course be conversant with all the legal arguments and why they are taking place.

F

Moves
29 Dec 16

Caught feigning an interest you now seek to back peddle your way out of it by reading the Royal Commissions report. Forced to confront your wilful ignorance in public after your sham Punch and Judy routine was busted. Exposed making allegations that you could not substantiate and which logic itself took to pieces. Your main weapons of vile allegati ...[text shortened]... a lesson for all who attempt to confront truth with empty deception and assail logic with lies.
Did you download the documents I uploaded for you, robbie?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Did you download the documents I uploaded for you, robbie?
I have no need to download any documents from you, the charity commissions work is in the public domain.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 16
4 edits

However, the ruling states that the challenge to the Commission’s requests for documents should be held by a different court. This is due to a legal technicality.

Is this what you are attempting to construe as and I quote, 'trying to stop the UK Charity Commission from starting an investigation'. Let me tell you something that you should have thought about, NOTHING can prevent the UK charity commission from starting an investigation and its absurd to think otherwise.

Perhaps you should make yourself more aware of the legal arguments and it might just prevent you from making the most ludicrous allegations in future, but I doubt it, because your prejudice drives you that way.

E

Moves
29 Dec 16

Obesity is a clinical definition for someone who has a BMI over 30. They are very overweight.
So what? How is that by definition gluttony?

F

Moves
29 Dec 16
1 edit

I have no need to download any documents from you, the charity commissions work is in the public domain.
The materials I uploaded for you are not in connection with "the charity commissions work". Don't know where you got that idea from. Is there some part of the findings of the Royal Commission in Australia [which is what I uploaded for you] that you think vindicates the JW organization's handling of child sex abuse over the last 50 years?

E

Moves
29 Dec 16

Obesity is a result of being gluttonous with food over many years, just as alcohol addiction is a result of being gluttonous with alcohol over many years.

What goes into the body is unimportant? Can I use heroin and still be a Christian?
So choosing a poor diet of high carb foods and sitting around doing a low movement job is gluttony.

You have a strange definition of gluttony. How about women with thyroid issues? Gluttons?

People with stress hormone issues? Gluttons?

I think your hatred of fat people has you screwed up in your head. Having one psychological disorder yourself, I can see why you hate others.