Christian trash talk

Christian trash talk

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw
See my post to Suzianne above.
That post doesn't answer my question which was quite specific and completely on topic.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Mar 17

Sprinkling isn't good enough for you robbie. In your case you need to be dunked in holy water seven times seventy for it to be effective.
Ah, you mean holy waterboarding.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
That post doesn't answer my question which was quite specific and completely on topic.
Then rephrase it please because it sounded like gibberish to me.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Ah, you mean holy waterboarding.
There's nothing like being tortured into submission by holy waterboarding. At least when it's over you go to heaven. And if you're a Muslim you get 72 virgins thrown in for good measure.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Then rephrase it please because it sounded like gibberish to me.
Oh dear, once again burying your nasty beliefs in obfuscation, like a tick in a sheeps ass.

Here's the question:
Do you believe in orchestrated eternal suffering for unbelievers?

It's a simple question jovishw, and one not avoided by you either believing or believing in predestination.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 17

There's nothing like being tortured into submission by holy waterboarding. At least when it's over you go to heaven. And if you're a Muslim you get 72 virgins thrown in for good measure.
Do you think if divegeester was jet washed with Holy water it would make any difference?

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Do you think if divegeester was jet washed with Holy water it would make any difference?
I fart in your general direction...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 17
1 edit

I fart in your general direction...
I snigger to the point of bubbles come out my nose

edit: or is that 'snorted' ???

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Mar 17

Ok so you find the notion of burning people alive for eternity a heinous nonsense as I do, but you can only find the motivation to addrsss me about this terrible sleight on the nature of our God, never the motivation to address the proponents of it, such as sonship. Why is that?
I know this is anathema to everything you stand for (mostly your own pride), but I'm not talking "issue" with it because it's not reality. If they want to believe it, it doesn't affect me. Apparently it affects you merely because it disagrees with you, and unlike me, you seem to think this is among the greatest slights people can offer you.

As I've said for years, the ONLY reason you get your panties in a twist about it is that they disagree with you, and you seem to think that makes them immeasurably evil.

There are a lot of things going on in the world that are worth fighting against. I don't see a few people on a chess site disagreeing with me being one of them. Your mileage may vary. If you want to go on stomping your feet crying "wah, waaaah" about it, go ahead. I got over it quite a while ago.

F

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
I know this is anathema to everything you stand for (mostly your own pride), but I'm not talking "issue" with it because it's not reality. If they want to believe it, it doesn't affect me. Apparently it affects you merely because it disagrees with you, and unlike me, you seem to think this is among the greatest slights people can offer you.

As I ...[text shortened]... on stomping your feet crying "wah, waaaah" about it, go ahead. I got over it quite a while ago.
Do you believe the torturer god that sonship describes and explains is significantly different from the version of the (supposedly) same god you and divegeester perceive?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17

I've been posting here for nearly a decade Suzianne and yet here you are somehow believing that there is a "record" which you are worried about which needs to be set straight, and which you somehow think I'm also concerned about, and you are using some catholic dogma to sort of negatively impress it upon me.

If you are concerned about name calling, how it is you never take it up with any of those people on that list, just with me?
Yes, because you ignore the record with near impunity every single time. You make stuff up in your stampede to "prove someone wrong". Your name calling is in the same league as FMF's, perhaps you learned it from him, it's definitely gotten worse since you've been hanging out together. For your information, an insult like "child of Satan" has so much hyperbole that it just sounds ludicrous, but you vaildate it by reacting like they murdered your child. Your insults on the other hand seem filled with far more "hatred" than over-the-top insults like "child of Satan". Those can be blown off. Not so much with your insults which often strike at the heart of people's insecurities. You certainly don't play with others well, why didn't your elementary school teachers make note of this?

All because they disagree with you. What's wrong with you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe the torturer god that sonship describes and explains is significantly different from the version of the (supposedly) same god you and divegeester perceive?
Yes, but so what?

I'm not going to change anyone's mind here.

By the way, neither are you.

Also, drop the "supposedly". Either talk to me in a civil manner or not at all.

F

Moves
18 Mar 17
2 edits

If this is the reason you don't take issue with sonship and his version of the Christian god - because "it isn't reality" and it "doesn't affect" you - why do you take issue with robbie carrobie's version if the Christian god?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17

[b]"Predestined is predestined. There is only one meaning."

But what does it mean within the context of the verses it's used in? Some believe it means that God choose some to be saved and others lost. That is wrong.

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstbo ...[text shortened]... if God sent to hell those who had no choice that would make God a monster of unparalleled evil.[/b]
First you say it is wrong and then you say that is what the text says.

Which is it?

No. Free will is a 'thing', despite what Calvin says. There IS NO 'predestination'.

F

Moves
18 Mar 17

Also, drop the "supposedly". Either talk to me in a civil manner or not at all.[/b]
They seem like two totally different gods at their very essence and yet they are supposedly the same god, right? Do you think sonship's torturer god is the same god as yours? I am using the word "supposedly" in its conventional sense.