Christian trash talk

Christian trash talk

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Obviously you do since you refused to see my exlanation as an explanation.
You've said some stuff about "Satan" etc. but you haven't answered the point blank question that this thread's OP raised.

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

Read the quote I was responding to.
I did, But you still don't understand. That is ok, a lot of Christians have forgotten about the spirit of the law verses the letter of the law.

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

You know there are no children in hell because...

As for who is a child of Satan and who is a Child of God, the child of God agrees with God about what is right and wrong and forgives others so his or her sins can be forgiven.
I know there are no children in hell because i read the scripture.

E

Moves
15 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I did, But you still don't understand. That is ok, a lot of Christians have forgotten about the spirit of the law verses the letter of the law.
Read what I said about who is a child of God. If you do not recognize sin as sin, then it is not God in your heart.

E

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
You've said some stuff about "Satan" etc. but you haven't answered the point blank question that this thread's OP raised.
I answered your question.

You are incorrect to believe they think it is trash talk.

They are telling you why your beliefs are as irrelevant to them as theirs are to you.

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they [b]don't[/b ...[text shortened]... l their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
Personally i think it is kind of funny. I've exchanged plenty of words with FMF. And i am certain, he is surprised to see me stand with him so hard on this.

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

Read what I said about who is a child of God. If you do not recognize sin as sin, then it is not God in your heart.
What is the purpose of declaring - in posts addressed to non-believers - that those non-believers are "children of Satan"? Who is the intended audience for those words? It surely cannot be the non-believers themselves.

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

I answered your question.

You are incorrect to believe they think it is trash talk.
I don't need you to agree with my "trash talk" terminology. But I'd still like you to have a go at answering my question.

F

Moves
15 Mar 17
1 edit

Personally i think it is kind of funny. I've exchanged plenty of words with FMF. And i am certain, he is surprised to see me stand with him so hard on this.
Well, I've been pretty open about this in the past. I was a Christian for decades. I have always lived among Christians. I still do. Many of the people I love and respect - and admire - are Christians. So it has always been fascinating to me - in contrast to all that, and in contrast to the take on Christianity that is fed and reinforced in my real life as soon as I step away from my computer/RHP - to find this place to be such an odd concentration of really unimpressive Christians who make seemingly no effort to present something that others might want to emulate. It is a constant source of intrigue.

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

I do know what exactly sin is. Anything that separates you from God. The Scripture states "It is not listening to the Law, but keeping it that will make people Holy in the sight of God. "
It also says, " Pagans who are led by reason to do what the Law commands, may not actually 'possess' the Law, but they can be said to "be" the Law. " " They can point to the substance of the Law engraved on their hearts" .

So again i say to you, WHO IS A CHILD OF GOD?

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, I've been pretty open about this in the past. I was a Christian for decades. I have always lived among Christians. I still do. Many of the people I love and respect - and admire - are Christians. So it has always been fascinating to me - in contrast to all that, and in contrast to the take on Christianity that is fed and reinforced here as soon as I step a ...[text shortened]... ort to present something that others might want to emulate. It is a constant source of intrigue.
I know you are not a "Christian" of a church, but you are a child of God. It is all about the heart, where the presence of God is. Love is the key to everything.

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

You call it trash talk as a child of Satan.
To your way of thinking, what is a scenario where your talk of "child of Satan" this and "child of Satan" that brings anyone closer to Jesus Christ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I can think of worse.

A "Bruce-Springsteen listening, Barbara Streisand loving, Oprah Winfrey watching, libtard".
That's worse?

F

Moves
15 Mar 17

I know you are not a "Christian" of a church, but you are a child of God. It is all about the heart, where the presence of God is. Love is the key to everything.
I've heard this said before and I appreciate the sentiment (and perspective) while not subscribing to the theories that underpin it. What I am interested in is how all the "trash talk" about being burned alive for eternity and being related to "Satan" is supposed to coerce non-believers into becoming believers in Jesus Christ.

P

Moves
15 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, I've been pretty open about this in the past. I was a Christian for decades. I have always lived among Christians. I still do. Many of the people I love and respect - and admire - are Christians. So it has always been fascinating to me - in contrast to all that, and in contrast to the take on Christianity that is fed and reinforced here as soon as I step a ...[text shortened]... ort to present something that others might want to emulate. It is a constant source of intrigue.
When the time comes, you can join Sonhouse and Ghost of a Duke at my chess table in heaven. But like i told Ghost of a Duke, i think you will be pre-occupied with everything else. ha ha ha