1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '12 20:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christianity in three words,

God is Love.
    Well ok, but we already have a word for that, it's love.

Saying I god you doesn't really sound right.

Also it can't be the same being described in the bible because that guy's a real SOB...
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 21:21
    Still no one has said anything in the original post was incorrect. Therefore it is very hard for me to understand how people can believe in Christianity because of the total absurdity involved!
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:27
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Still no one has said anything in the original post was incorrect. Therefore it is very hard for me to understand how people can believe in Christianity because of the total absurdity involved!
    Because almost nobody is taught the value of rational thinking.

If you don't value rationality then you are unlikely to employ it.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:49
    We Christians value truth, life, and the freedom to do good.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:51
    It's the definition of Christianity written in the same fashion as any definition in the dictionary. It's not supposed to be a proper sentence!
    You botched that up too. 😏
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:54
    Blasphemy is a victimless crime!
    You will be the victim. HalleluYah !!!
    I know that is very Christian of me.
    You can thank me later. 😏
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We Christians value truth, life, and the freedom to do good.
    You guys do a good job of covering that up with all the life destroying, committing harm, and lying that you do...
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '12 22:572 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You are saying that if I don't join your faith then I will upon death have to face god who will
    punish me for not joining by torturing me for all eternity...

If that isn't a threat then I don't know what is.

I have no fear of hell, none whatsoever.
    I have no fear that you are right, none whatsoever.
    I don't fear your god, at all.

I don't bel ...[text shortened]... cter, in fact in many cases god
    is considerably less scary than other fictional villains.
    Yet you post most often in a spirituality forum and comment mostly on christian topics... interesting.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yet you post most often in a spirituality forum and comment mostly on Christian topics... interesting.
    Not really, I mainly post in the spirituality forum on this website, I post on a number of websites
    and this is the only one with a spirituality forum on it.

I post on any debate or argument that I find interesting and/or that I can make a point worth
    making (in my estimation at least).
    I don't join in on threads arguing over which interpretation of the bible is correct for example
    because I could neither offer an informed opinion or bring myself to care which interpretation
    is correct because it doesn't matter as they are all unsubstantiated nonsense.

If I end up in 'Christian' threads more often I suggest that is purely due to the prevalence of
    Christian threads on this forum.

I argue against irrationality and believing things on faith in any guise and try to make my arguments
    pan theistic in that they would apply to any religion or god concept.

I do enjoy debating, I think what people believe and the way that they make decisions and weigh
    evidence is important, and this naturally means that the spirituality forum has some attraction to me.

However this shouldn't be (and oughtn't be able to be) construed to mean that I secretly do have a
    fear of hell or am insecure in my unbelief or anything of that sort.

I have not the slightest doubt that unbelief and not taking things on faith is the only rational or
    reasonable position to take and that I am completely justified in holding it given the current evidence
    available.

I have no soul, and thus no fear of losing it.

I am, and always have been, and probably always will be an atheist.

It would take extraordinary proof to convince me that there was a god or gods.
    And while that would cause me to believe in their existence it wouldn't cause me to worship them.
    For me to change in this regard would require such a dramatic change in personality and thought that I
    would no longer be anything resembling my present self. The me that is alive now would no longer exist.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 01:00
    You guys do a good job of covering that up with all the life destroying, committing harm, and lying that you do...
    You are thinking of those Muslims. 🙄
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 01:02
    Not really, I mainly post in the spirituality forum on this website, I post on a number of websites
    and this is the only one with a spirituality forum on it.

I post on any debate or argument that I find interesting and/or that I can make a point worth
    making (in my estimation at least).
    I don't join in on threads arguing over which interpretation ...[text shortened]... r be anything resembling my present self. The me that is alive now would no longer exist.
    If the God of the bible was proven to exist you would not worship him? I don't believe it all either but if that God were to exist I would bow down for fear of his evil wrath. 😛
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 01:22
    If the God of the bible was proven to exist you would not worship him? I don't believe it all either but if that God were to exist I would bow down for fear of his evil wrath. 😛
    Not me. What is morally correct with God existing, cannot be morally incorrect without God existing. Live to that standard and you can't go wrong.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 02:30
    If the God of the bible was proven to exist you would not worship him?
    I don't believe it all either but if that God were to exist I would bow down for fear of his evil wrath. 😛
    Any being that demands to be worshipped is not worthy of it, Any being worthy of worship would not demand it.

What you might do or say faced with threat of, or after experiencing, torture is of no relevance.

Nothing worthy of worship would demand it.

And I can think of no possible being that I would consider worthy of worshipping.

I just don't buy the concept of worshipping something, anything, I see no point, benefit, or rational.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 02:56
    Any being that demands to be worshipped is not worthy of it, Any being worthy of worship would not demand it.

What you might do or say faced with threat of, or after experiencing, torture is of no relevance.

Nothing worthy of worship would demand it.

And I can think of no possible being that I would consider worthy of worshipping.

I just don't buy the concept of worshipping something, anything, I see no point, benefit, or rational.
    Have you figured out what you worship and serve in this world? 😏
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 07:23
    Good News! .... It's ok... You don't have to go down in my basement...

Christianity in 1 3/4 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0Bqa97tUI&feature=related
    And from there I went on to Bertrand Russell's China Teapot

YouTube&feature=watch_response

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree